Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I have 5k hours in this game and a quarter of my losses are from not staying back and casting. My problem is not respecting the skill level of my opponents, and they blink onto spots I’d obviously try to chip away at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

respect my opponents skill level? absolutely not if they had any skills they wouldn't be the same rank as me.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I play against ancient in ranked and divine in unranked. It’s funny that my unranked games are 10x more sweaty.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i was happily winning 50% of my games as legend 6 months ago, then i started getting dumpstered every game right down to mid crusader and i swear blind the games are harder now, people play with so much more awareness and aggression

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You can play against aggression by setting up traps. 1 lonely lander happens to have 2 patient tankers in the trees.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IceFrog posted:

* The missile can be pushed forward or backward by Force Staff, Hurricane Pike and Psychic Headband.

* The missile is instantly destroyed if targeted by Force Boots and when affected by Chronosphere.

https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Gyrocopter#Homing_Missile

Why the hell does Force Boots destroy Homing Missile but Force Staff/Pike/Headband just push it as normal :psyduck:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sab669 posted:

https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Gyrocopter#Homing_Missile

Why the hell does Force Boots destroy Homing Missile but Force Staff/Pike/Headband just push it as normal :psyduck:

because the missile doesn't have feet (except when you use that cosmetic that gives it feet)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like if you have an offlane LC and they're not named something like aLuCarD you're almost certainly doomed. Alucard will duel Ursa under the tower and win the microsecond he hits level six and the other guy will be lucky to have 150 duel damage at min 55.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:toot:

Poor Purge, gonna be a 24 hour Patch Analysis stream

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

I can have the longest losing streak watching my mmr crumble, then pick hoodwink pos4 and all is right in the world.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 16, 2023

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sab669 posted:

:toot:

Poor Purge, gonna be a 24 hour Patch Analysis stream

he does it because he loves it

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I didn't realize just how good Rubick's starting stats are these days, it feels unfair to roll up into the lane with 5 armor and 60 damage as a ranged support

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

quote:

Riddles in the Dark

As a lot of you know, there’s a big update coming. As we’ve been going through the patch notes for it, we figured it might be fun to tease some of them ahead of time, without spoiling the surprise. We’ve assembled a handful of genuine notes for the upcoming patch, provided without context, to whet your appetite while we put the finishing touches on the update.

Anyway, get ready for your first hint:

The next big Dota Update is going to release on a date that rhymes with Smaypril Twemmieth and comes between April 19th and April 21st.

OK, that one was advanced level. We should have put that at the end. Here’s some easier ones to build up your riddle skills:

[UNIT] is now controllable by the player that dug it up
[HERO]: Always has 0 Intelligence. Always.
[ITEM]: Now has an initial and max stock of 4 and a restock time of 120s
After this effect the soul is forcefully returned to the body
[HERO]: Base armor increased by 1
[UNIT TYPE] now gain 15 movement speed during the night.
Mana cost reduction effects only apply to mana cost
[ITEM]: Requires Echo Sabre (2500), Diadem (1000), Recipe (1000). Total cost: 4500
Any player can use a [NOUN] to [VERB] to the other one after channeling for 3 seconds.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

The image in that news post is great

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
That last one has to be the out posts, but I'm hoping it's secretly the fountain.

What hero is going to have zero int? My picks are ogre or od (ods skills are based on his mana not his intelligence i think)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

That piece of poo poo kobold should continue to die

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Copper For Lyfe posted:

That last one has to be the out posts, but I'm hoping it's secretly the fountain.

I thought it was outposts too but it seems weird that it stipulates it's any player, and not like "if your team owns both". Letting people jump one from jungle to the other regardless of who owns the outposts would shake things up though, for sure.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

As far as the "any player can use a [NOUN] to [VERB] to the other one", I suspect it's not a map feature because it doesn't seem right to me to have a permanent Underlord portal on the map. I can't really think of two spots in the map where a portal is a good idea. Since this is for both teams it would have to be fairly symmetrical on the map, which makes it being near or around mid lane unlikely. Portal between top and bot lane seems bad, laning would be a huge mess if the supports can rotate between top and bottom for free constantly.

That leaves a portal between either the two large jungles (where the outposts currently are) or between the two triangles. The outpost connection seems weird, outposts give vision and are claimable. There's no mention of having to own the outpost in the note so how would you choose to teleport or claim when clicking an enemy outpost? I guess there's a chance outposts are completely reworked or even replaced with the tunnel or whatever, but I'm assuming they're staying. Which leaves the triangles having a portal between each other which sounds bad to me. Imagine carries being able to farm both triangles almost at once if their team has map control.

Because of that, my wild guess it that it is some sort of purchasable consumable that can be deployed to create a temporary portal between two spots. Probably expensive, with limited stock and a big restock cooldown. Meant to enable cool team plays, sort of like a super smoke. If this happens I would also assume Underlord gets a new ult.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

od (ods skills are based on his mana not his intelligence i think)

Int is the main source of mana, though. And the way that specific note is worded "Always has 0 Intelligence. Always." seems to indicate that even items would not give this hero intelligence.

My guess would be Huskar who is already nearly manaless. Or possibly the introduction of some alternate resource like League has energy and rage.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Hero rework or new hero.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ojetor posted:

Or possibly the introduction of some alternate resource like League has energy and rage.

This would explain the "Mana cost reduction effects only apply to mana cost" note, but I also feel like a large swath of the playerbase would be aggressively opposed to that change.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe we're actually getting a pair of Rosh pits and you can tp between those

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think the lina looks too skinny

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

someone use app that makes you fatter on the pic for smythe

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's going to be an excruciatingly slow day today waiting for the patch notes and also waiting for a body shop to tell me my car is ready for pick up :(

I haven't played much DOTA in the last 2 months but I'm absurdly excited to see what's new this patch.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i wonder if they're going to make a bigger thing out of the day/night cycle, maybe every hero gets an alignment to one of the states similar to how everyone gets a aghs/shard

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gonna get mad if they change techies. they're perfect. dont touch them 🖕

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

:wrong: bring back old techies

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ojetor posted:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ojetor posted:

at this point the glorious second coming of old techies is the only thing that could drag me back in

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Techies rework where everytime you die to your now lethal Blast Off it changes the other skills between old and new Techies.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bring back self-denying abilities like Mist Coil, Rot, and Blast Off!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

They're gonna pull a Wraith King and will sell you back old Techies as an Arcana. Also, first Arcana to change a heroes actual abilities and not just the model :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I really do miss being able to self-deny with mist coil because he'd shout "My life is mine to spend!" which is a hardcore line, but pro players ruined it for everyone by just dumping coils into their carry all day

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ojetor posted:

old techies was my favorite hero, but they made them even better. tankies ftw

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Zodium posted:

old techies was my favorite hero, but they made them even better. tankies ftw

Yeah, new Techies can kill pretty much any hero with just an ethereal blade. Also, carries can't attack him.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yeah, new Techies can kill pretty much any hero with just an ethereal blade. Also, carries can't attack him.

Meurta says what

e; wait never mind

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Nfcknblvbl posted:

maybe not the average carry, but i have heard whispers of the elusive bkb-purchasing carry

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Sab669 posted:

They're gonna pull a Wraith King and will sell you back old Techies as an Arcana. Also, first Arcana to change a heroes actual abilities and not just the model :v:

Can you imagine how mad everyone would get at icefrog for actually implementing a true pay to win thing after his big comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's gonna be weird if we'll be able to teleport between outposts. I wonder if there's a cooldown if they do add this feature.