Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of Revali, I like him as a character. I think his English dub makes him sound like more of an rear end in a top hat than his JP dub (which just makes him sound more "proud"). He's probably either my favorite or second favorite of the Champions, next to Urbosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Revali survived and now flies around in space as part of a group of similar animal people.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad Revali died

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Funky Valentine posted:

Revali survived and now flies around in space as part of a group of similar animal people.

"Hey, we need a character for our new Zelda Game."

"How about a dude with the personality of Falco and the exact appearance of also Falco?"

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

"Hey, we need a character for our new Zelda Game."

"How about a dude with the personality of Falco and the exact appearance of also Falco?"

😆😆😆 I definitely felt the same the first time I met him. Like, they couldn't have given that personality to the goron or something?

Is there precedent in Japanese culture for birds being arrogant?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Have you ever seen a bird? Bunch of smug bastards

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
All my time waiting for Satori Mountain to glow and I forgot you can’t even loving bring the horse lord to the stable gdi

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
lmao. poo poo.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
and then there's also Berdly from Deltarune too, but Toby Fox isn't Japanese...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

where is the dope rear end Zelda merch for this shiiiiiiiiit?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
skyward sword and music were mentioned on the last page and therefore i am posting these, because they rule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPoo8UyLq3Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkv4hJEcE0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJWl6HtQgT8

fi is real, and strong, and my friend

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She doesn't seem that strong. Who'd she ever beat?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mourning Due posted:

😆😆😆 I definitely felt the same the first time I met him. Like, they couldn't have given that personality to the goron or something?

Tengu, I think? They're demons/spirits/yokai that can be good or evil, with avian/human/monkey characteristics.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SyntheticPolygon posted:

her haters

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Every luminous stone deposit I can see in a three mile radius.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/SuhebZako/status/1648818582954954756

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

congratulations, you have discovered the purpose of beards

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Can we talk about that key change in the theme? Game music is gonna be great, I’m hoping for a few more higher tempo tracks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Mourning Due posted:

I feel like the kind of arrogant personality that's funny on a skinny bird-man like Revali would be a lot less likeable when attached to a giant, angry Goron.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mourning Due posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s just that they’re based off of birds of prey like falcons and eagles which generally come across as prideful animals

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It's just the stuck up birdman trope, it's big in Japan. You don't even want to know what Japanese big bird is like.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you ever seen an eagle? cocky bastards

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
As examined by Pokemon, birds are smug because they are hard to punch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mahoning posted:

“Dad, is he a potato?” -My 5yo son when he first means the Goron in Skyward Sword

My ex called Gorons potatoes as well, and ever since I've called them that.

Upsidads posted:

where is the dope rear end Zelda merch for this shiiiiiiiiit?

:shrug:

Looks like Nintendo really isn't doing much outside of the Collector's Edition.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Special Edition OLED switch, if for some reason you'd like a new one.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nothing will replace my Splatoon 3 oled

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i started up a playthrough of Second Wind, the BotW mod, in my impatience to get my hands on TotK. I only got off the plateau so far but it's definitely given me that "ooh, what's that" feeling the first BotW playthrough is full of a couple times already so i'd say it's doing its job! even the redecorated shrines, though clearly just the old shrines but with random bits of scenery stuck in and occasional new enemies/obstacles, do a great job of making it feel fresh. they do really change up the monotonous look of the shrines which does a great deal on its own already.

coolest moment so far was when a stalbokoblin popped up 30 minutes into the playthrough with one of these equipped:

it's so fun seeing stuff i've never seen before just pop up randomly like this.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Skyward Sword has some phenomenal moments but good god, does it have tedium and filler galore
It's the only mainline Zelda game I've never beaten and I gave up about where you did. I made it to the final dungeon area, kinda' and there was this thing where a slider puzzle determined room placement and after just running all around to grab bafmodads before it'd let me even get there, I turned the game off without even saving and knew I'd never return.

That game loving LOVED to waste your time and give you busywork. Not having an overworld is completely hosed. It omitted everything I loved about Zelda and did the things I've never enjoyed really, really badly. It's the Other M of the Zelda franchise.

It kills me they used up all that killer music on such an unsatisfying chore of a game.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

It's the only mainline Zelda game I've never beaten and I gave up about where you did. I made it to the final dungeon area, kinda' and there was this thing where a slider puzzle determined room placement and after just running all around to grab bafmodads before it'd let me even get there, I turned the game off without even saving and knew I'd never return.

That game loving LOVED to waste your time and give you busywork. Not having an overworld is completely hosed. It omitted everything I loved about Zelda and did the things I've never enjoyed really, really badly. It's the Other M of the Zelda franchise.

It kills me they used up all that killer music on such an unsatisfying chore of a game.

I can’t believe you actually made it to that point in the game and THEN gave up. So many things that are so much worse than that slide puzzle section. Anybody that gave up during the underwater forest section, I completely get it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Amppelix posted:

i started up a playthrough of Second Wind, the BotW mod, in my impatience to get my hands on TotK. I only got off the plateau so far but it's definitely given me that "ooh, what's that" feeling the first BotW playthrough is full of a couple times already so i'd say it's doing its job! even the redecorated shrines, though clearly just the old shrines but with random bits of scenery stuck in and occasional new enemies/obstacles, do a great job of making it feel fresh. they do really change up the monotonous look of the shrines which does a great deal on its own already.

coolest moment so far was when a stalbokoblin popped up 30 minutes into the playthrough with one of these equipped:

i've been watching ZFG stumble through this, it's neat

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Amppelix posted:

I went down the BoTW modding research rabbithole the other day with a similar mindset and the quantity and popularity of Linkle mods is... considerable.

Second Wind does look cool, but I think I'm gonna wait (and see if I can sell my launch Switch to fund an OLED, battery life would be neat).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
have they said anything about a save bonus in Tears for having a BOTW save file

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Junpei posted:

They have not, as far as I know.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Junpei posted:

as a wii u botw player this would be frustrating to me!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mahoning posted:

I can’t believe you actually made it to that point in the game and THEN gave up. So many things that are so much worse than that slide puzzle section. Anybody that gave up during the underwater forest section, I completely get it.

I haven’t played since Friday specifically because of this section. It combines the tedium of the rest of the game with underwater controls which, in my experience, are almost universally awful and unwieldy

I’m gonna try my damnest to grit my way through it cuz I’ve heard great things about the final dungeon and ending, but man, it’s frustrating :(

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If you're not having fun with a video game, the pro move is to stop playing imo

Do not trust promises of "it'll be good later" when there's no guarantee you'll like it then either and you could be playing something that's fun right now!

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I dropped the game for a week at the first desert section and then forgot the stupid bowling motion controls and Fi was too busy screaming about my health and rupees to fill me in. I should count my blessings I guess judging by what I've heard of the rest of the game

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

LividLiquid posted:

That dungeon absolutely slaps, though, the slider puzzle is one of my favorite dungeon gimmicks in the series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Martman posted:

as a wii u botw player this would be frustrating to me!!

:same:

how about you and I speedrun BotW real quick on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Amppelix posted:

you could be playing something that's fun right now!

But TotK is still 22 days away :confused: