Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

This feels like a litmus test of how much bad wrestling takes has poisoned your brain.
Since my brain is only partially ruined by wrestling I immediately realized he was talking about dynamite, but assumed it was "So they nailed the landing?"
You need to be a particular sort of weirdo to view this and go "heh aew is all flippy poo poo, yeah"
Perfect post for this thread A++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
annoying english wwf state media is the platonic ideal of this thread, yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's.

It's light the fuse, Louis.....

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
I didn't get what he was referring to at all because

MJeff posted:

It's.

It's light the fuse, Louis.....

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1649058315706695680?t=LRYpuRlOtwZFvsxANDvu7w&s=19

Somehow the clarification is even more confusing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

but he's... in a story and doing stuff. On TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will say it is incredibly loving weird that we're like three weeks in and Jay White hasn't had a mic in front of a live crowd, yet.

Like, you compare it to the rollouts of other massive FA acquisitions like, off the top of my head, Adam Cole and a run-in, a pretape and a midcard match where he's mostly selling for the guy who's about to get the #AllElite slogan are not what I would've expected.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I will say it is incredibly loving weird that we're like three weeks in and Jay White hasn't had a mic in front of a live crowd, yet.

That seems mildly weird at best given he got a taped promo.

Get out your pitchforks, Tiger Heads

https://twitter.com/ThatKashGuy/status/1648739249674387463

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 20, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Jay White was going to WWE takes get weirder and weirder the more it becomes obvious he was always going to AEW and that this is absolutely leading to poo poo at Forbidden Door.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How sick would an Olympic level gymnast be at pro wrestling? Give me a flippy Kurt Angle dammit!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining someone doing that in a wrestling ring and the viewer just sitting down arms folded

Wrestling should be like a legitimate athletic competition unless someone does something legitimately athletic

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Coolness Averted posted:

This feels like a litmus test of how much bad wrestling takes has poisoned your brain.
Since my brain is only partially ruined by wrestling I immediately realized he was talking about dynamite, but assumed it was "So they nailed the landing?"
You need to be a particular sort of weirdo to view this and go "heh aew is all flippy poo poo, yeah"
Perfect post for this thread A++

I had the same poisoned thought process and was worried I was about to watch this happen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She should have finished with an eyepoke to her opponent to really make the whole routine

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

bartok posted:

How sick would an Olympic level gymnast be at pro wrestling? Give me a flippy Kurt Angle dammit!

Kacy Catanzaro / Katana Chance was a Division I NCAA gymnast before making her name on American Ninja Warrior. Needless to say WWE have done gently caress all with her in the six years she's been working there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lamuella posted:

Kacy Catanzaro / Katana Chance was a Division I NCAA gymnast before making her name on American Ninja Warrior. Needless to say WWE have done gently caress all with her in the six years she's been working there.

They gave that poor woman such an e-fed name.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

That seems mildly weird at best given he got a taped promo.

Get out your pitchforks, Tiger Heads

https://twitter.com/ThatKashGuy/status/1648739249674387463

Nobody should disrespect Giant Tiger. Or he’s gonna get drunk and gently caress beef Wellington’s father about it.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lamuella posted:

It’s been 6 years? How does she compare to someone with less experience, like Anna Jay or Skye Blue?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It’s been 6 years? How does she compare to someone with less experience, like Anna Jay or Skye Blue?

She's an entirely adequate wrestler. She's had some pretty good matches (usually tags with her partner Kayden Carter). I'd say that her average match is better than Skye's average and her best match isn't as good as Anna's, if that's a decent guide.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lamuella posted:

She's an entirely adequate wrestler. She's had some pretty good matches (usually tags with her partner Kayden Carter). I'd say that her average match is better than Skye's average and her best match isn't as good as Anna's, if that's a decent guide.

That does help, thanks. It seems like a waste to change her name and keep a tv-ready wrestler off the main roster, but that’s WWE for you.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

bartok posted:

Édouard Carpentier was this in the 50s

even lou thesz had nothing but nice things to say about him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Édouard Carpentier was this in the 50s

even lou thesz had nothing but nice things to say about him

I don't think Carpentier was ever Olympic level but he didn't really have a chance to be since he was in the French Resistance during his peak.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Did you know The Streets have been buzzing that Laur is a sock puppet account for someone who has been posted very frequently in this thread?

https://twitter.com/laurabutevil/status/1643801622273839106

https://twitter.com/laurabutevil/status/1643805355124699137

Did you know that normally when people re-activate a burner under a new name they delete all of the old tweets but forget that there are other ways the old account shows up?

Did you know that sometimes people even forget to do that so that if you look at old tweets in say, The Chris Regal Memorial Thread it becomes obvious what's going on?

https://twitter.com/amazonnubia/status/1649187759494426626

https://twitter.com/amazonnubia/status/1649196156897959936

I post this one because when I first noticed this the account had been re-branded ELITE TEARS so it was pretty clearly going to be an Anti-AEW WrestleCringe because the account deactivated when it got screenshotted by WrestleCringe.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

leslie needs a friend

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The weirdest thing to me is that in both fake accounts he’s pretending to be a woman

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
meanwhile, joan has some thoughts, perhaps

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's a really good idea from Joan.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It seems exhausting to have alternative accounts just to boost your tweets. Just tweet or keep your thoughts to oneself.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cult of Pies posted:

meanwhile, joan has some thoughts, perhaps

joan is my favorite poster in this thread

besides you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nice try 8 bucks is good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Smoking Crow posted:

besides you

:allears: this thread is changing for the better

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow posted:

besides you

https://twitter.com/jodex96/status/1649138062461399041?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seams posted:

The weirdest thing to me is that in both fake accounts he’s pretending to be a woman

Right? We're into "I'd have a dime but it's weird it happened twice" territory.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I post this one because when I first noticed this the account had been re-branded ELITE TEARS so it was pretty clearly going to be an Anti-AEW WrestleCringe because the account deactivated when it got screenshotted by WrestleCringe.

parasocial relationships where you're in a heated rivalry with a cringe account ftw

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Smoking Crow posted:

besides you

joan is a treasure

https://twitter.com/jodex96/status/1648763625757106193?t=9g28UKPuFxrJ9ZOilUt0Wg&s=19

you're on thin ice chelsea

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fend for yourself, mouthy scout

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

Malakai immediately feuded with Cody, who was a top guy and it positioned him as somebody extremely important, then uh, he just. Kept on feudin' with Cody. Until it wasn't important at all, anymore.

Cole was also immediately working with Jurassic Express, and then feuding with Orange Cassidy. Jack Perry and Orange Cassidy may not necessarily be main eventers, but they're treated as reasonably big deals in their own right.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It's kind of telling that Jay White going into a feud with Ricky Starks isn't seen as big enough or important enough, even though Starks is in the middle of a big push and is one of their top prospects. "Either you're fighting for the world title or you don't matter" is some very WWE style thinking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/God91In/status/1649068430769770496

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
WWE gave Jay a try but he missed his big dive on LA Knight in the Mountain Dew match. Sorry kid you’re just not ready for the big leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

It's kind of telling that Jay White going into a feud with Ricky Starks isn't seen as big enough or important enough, even though Starks is in the middle of a big push and is one of their top prospects. "Either you're fighting for the world title or you don't matter" is some very WWE style thinking.

I think the main issue is Jay and Ricky have barely shared any screen time together yet so it doesn't really feel like they're feuding. Give them a promo segment and let Jay let rip