Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The nets need a legitimate point guard to upgrade over dinwiddie. Somebody who can create for others and himself. Somebody who will be available to make a move for without giving up trade assets from their exciting young core.

They need kyrie irving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Metapod posted:

He makes his money on defense

LeBron had 28 points on 52% shooting against him and 12 rebounds.

I hope James drops a 45 point triple double on him next game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The nets need a legitimate point guard to upgrade over dinwiddie. Somebody who can create for others and himself. Somebody who will be available to make a move for without giving up trade assets from their exciting young core.

They need kyrie irving.

I want an alternate timeline where the Mavs resign Jalen Brunson but include him in the trade for Kyrie.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

LeBron had 28 points on 52% shooting against him and 12 rebounds.

I hope James drops a 45 point triple double on him next game.

Oh wow the all time nba points leader got some buckets lol. Yall are way too curmudgey about brooks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

did this guy train at pat beverly's dojo

i am proficient in floor slap jutsu

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/nathanmarzion/status/1649236147741118466

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Jesus Christ does Embiid always flop THIS much or is this something he summons for the playoffs?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

KurdtLives posted:

Jesus Christ does Embiid always flop THIS much or is this something he summons for the playoffs?

Yes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

embiid gets a higher % of free throws from his shot attempts than shaq, he is the floppingest player in nba history

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Confirmed: Warriors better without Draymond

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Good to get one back. Warriors did a much better job penetrating tonight, and the matchups were pretty good. I hope we get GP2 back soon, but I think Dray really might be a net minus out there against the Kings starters. Obviously it helped that the Kings were shooting really, really cold.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad the suns won and really hope they can put it together and win the finals so CP3 can go out on top and stop embarrassing himself. Probably his worst shooting performance since he arrived in Phoenix

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I see what you are saying but how about cp3 goes out extremely sad and funny instead

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No

Monty is going to run the starters into the ground at this rate though. I know cam payne is out but Cp3 can’t be playing 41 minutes last year when he was still great. Definitely not now

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

No

Monty is going to run the starters into the ground at this rate though. I know cam payne is out but Cp3 can’t be playing 41 minutes last year when he was still great. Definitely not now

why isn't t Ross getting any run? tj and Landry aren't even able to hang for 4 minutes, figured he'd get a chance to try a little tonight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Huerter and Murray are just horrible from 3 so far

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People complaining about Monty running his team down hard to win, but consider literally every other team that faced an opponent missing 1-2 of their starters......

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Aye Doc posted:

why isn't t Ross getting any run? tj and Landry aren't even able to hang for 4 minutes, figured he'd get a chance to try a little tonight

He’s been bad defensively but not THAT bad. Honestly I can’t make heads or tails of anything Monty is doing at this point.

Booker and Durant are both playing waaaaaay too many minutes. It’s understandable to want them out there together as much as possible but it’s (hopefully) a long postseason and they both have injury history this season and prior. Same for cp3.

Shamet has barely played all season and as soon as he’s healthy Monty bumped him to the front of the bench rotation. He can’t shoot worth a drat any more, defensively he’s adequate but nothing more. Meanwhile damion lee has basically been riding pine since loving February and now he’s back getting minutes over ross and warren? Okogie ran with the starters every game since the trade deadline but he gets moved to the bench for reasons unexplained. Torrey Craig has been excellent in this series so I won’t quibble with that too much but I just don’t get any of the decisions here. Shamet barely played tonight but ross hadn’t been bad enough defensively to be a DNP.

TLDR: 🤷🏻‍♂️

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Metapod posted:

I see what you are saying but how about cp3 goes out extremely sad and funny instead
I believe I have heard over the years CP3 is a great citizen off the court and obviously he is due for a ring, but OTOH I believe I have heard that on the court he has assaulted a bunch of groins so it is a tough call.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

KurdtLives posted:

he always flops like that. it’s his “thing”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

next year will be the year both kawhi and pg are healthy

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jack Harlno

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

fart simpson posted:

he always flops like that. it’s his “thing”

Funny how back during his first few seasons playing, there was a whole thing around "Embiid is going to destroy his ligaments, he needs to learn how to just fall down" and now the thing is whining about him being a flopper.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

Tyrese Maxey won a playoff game tonight. 10 straight points to put the Nets in a 3-0 hole
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1649232074908352512?s=20

Magic Johnson level post right here

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Metapod posted:

fart simpson posted:

Suns will beat a worn out Clippers team.

Nuggets will beat a worn out Suns team.

Kings will beat a worn out lakers and Nuggets.

It’s the circle of life.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 21, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ChickenMedium posted:

Funny how back during his first few seasons playing, there was a whole thing around "Embiid is going to destroy his ligaments, he needs to learn how to just fall down" and now the thing is whining about him being a flopper.

yeah gee i wonder why people are sayi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQNcEekI2w4

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

just protecting his ligaments!

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 21, 2023

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
That nets-6ers game wasn’t the greatest basketball but it was drat entertaining

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

fart simpson posted:

The classic Pelican Protocol.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Waking up to look at box scores like any other geriatric millenial and ooing and awing at Norms 42. Love to see the bucket getters fill em up.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Hold on just gonna go to my folder of unfair calls against the Celtics, let’s see…, ah, here’s the 76ers games

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

BWV posted:

Waking up to look at box scores like any other geriatric millenial and ooing and awing at Norms 42. Love to see the bucket getters fill em up.

I would’ve stayed up to watch more but it was 420

i am a moron fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 21, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

JackBandit posted:

Hold on just gonna go to my folder of unfair calls against the Celtics, let’s see…, ah, here’s the 76ers games

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Magic Johnson level post right here

thank you

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

JackBandit posted:

This ones easy, Celtics fans will say every call against them is unfair

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1649407212857487361

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Feels weird given that the consensus still seems to be that he's a really great coach, but also it seemed kinda indicated by the way the team underperformed all season with the bad vibes everywhere.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Heartbreaking to see the Sixers, Warriors and Suns win on the same night. Clearly this is the NBA writers trying to build drama before the hero teams come back and win 😔

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1649407803398782976?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nodoze posted:

This ones easy, Celtics fans will say every call against them is unfair

i do think that