Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Has anyone been able to play Advance Wars Boot Camp yet? When does the game go live tomorrow? Got a digital copy preloaded.

It’s usually 12AM Eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Has anyone been able to play Advance Wars Boot Camp yet? When does the game go live tomorrow? Got a digital copy preloaded.

Depending on your region - in NA game unlocks at midnight EDT like all first party games.

I’ve played the tutorial missions and it sure is Advance Wars! War Room, the Shop, Gallery, and Online Play are locked behind the first few campaign missions, it seems.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tempura Wizard posted:

Depending on your region - in NA game unlocks at midnight EDT like all first party games.

I’ve played the tutorial missions and it sure is Advance Wars! War Room, the Shop, Gallery, and Online Play are locked behind the first few campaign missions, it seems.

Is there online matchmaking or anything? If you've played enough, are the campaign missions different at all from the GBA originals?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
There's a game trial for Star Wars Republic Commando from April 20 to 26, which...uh, sounds like enough to beat the game.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Where's the Advance Wars thread?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is wrong with my Nintendo Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKVPjesE8Jw

Every match ends like this and then a communications error. I am getting really tired of this.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Astro7x posted:

What is wrong with my Nintendo Switch?

It’s broken OP.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there online matchmaking or anything? If you've played enough, are the campaign missions different at all from the GBA originals?

Friends only. The tutorial missions are all scrunched together, but I believe the campaign proper is the same.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tempura Wizard posted:

Friends only. The tutorial missions are all scrunched together, but I believe the campaign proper is the same.

Well what the gently caress then lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope the next Nintendo has a better touch screen than the Switch. imo, a big part of why Mario Maker 2 fell off quick was due to how much worse the touch screen is vs the Wii U's.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Aw poo poo Crimzon Clover is on sale again. If you're into action games this is a mandatory buy. One of the best games on the system https://www.dekudeals.com/items/crimzon-clover-world-explosion

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

beer gas canister posted:

Aw poo poo Crimzon Clover is on sale again. If you're into action games this is a mandatory buy. One of the best games on the system https://www.dekudeals.com/items/crimzon-clover-world-explosion

I am into action games but that looks like a bullet hell

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

It is so, so good. Like close your eyes after playing and see bullet patterns good.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Remake made everyone's voice headcanon from 22 years ago actually canon.

https://twitter.com/Mondo_Mega/status/1649213516744884226?s=20

not a 100% sure it's her. if it's not ash ketchum, it's an ash ketchum impression at least.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Spacebump posted:

I hope the next Nintendo has a better touch screen than the Switch. imo, a big part of why Mario Maker 2 fell off quick was due to how much worse the touch screen is vs the Wii U's.

yes nintendo should go back to using late 90s resistive touchscreens instead of modern capacitive touchscreens found in every other device currently made for one game that no one bought. lmao.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Spacebump posted:

Yeah, resistive screens are based and capacitive screens are gross

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Watched Mario, had fun, didn't really think about how Mario is an isekai but the movie really makes that obvious.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

a plumber bitten by a radioactive italian

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Watched Mario, had fun, didn't really think about how Mario is an isekai but the movie really makes that obvious.
No he's a plumber

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

POCKET CHOMP posted:

yes nintendo should go back to using late 90s resistive touchscreens instead of modern capacitive touchscreens found in every other device currently made for one game that no one bought. lmao.

I said better than the Switch, not do the Wii U's again. The touchscreen on the Switch is easily the worst touch screen on any modern device I own or have used.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
idk, OP, "works good for me" but outside of using a special stylus it's of course gonna be less precise/more tedious than a resistive touchscreen for something like building a grid-based map, just by the nature of the tech. if your overall opinion is "it could be better" then yeah sure fine, but in relation to MM i don't think there's much improvement to be had unless they make one that's compatible with a stylus like an Apple Pencil, but call it the Mario Pencil and bundle it with MM3.which i would buy immediately. because nintendo is ftw.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Advance Wars unlocks now in the USA.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Had an incredibly poo poo day at work, so giving myself a one-time exception from Ring Fit (or exercising, period) tonight and enjoying the new season of Beavis and Butthead while smoking a fat joint. I hope everyone else's day is going much better. :cheers: and/or :420:, thread.

In Nintendo talk I have a statement and a question: Picross continues to be great, and did I just read correctly that Golf Story has a murder mystery? :stare: I suddenly have interest now, ha.

Echo Chamber posted:

Advance Wars unlocks now in the USA.

Hell yeah! Enjoy, all! It's been a long wait. :dance:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Gold Comet what the gently caress

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

That was a lot of words to say you should have gitten gud

I ticked off most of the artifacts without even having to intentionally backtrack for them because I was thorough at exploring and revisiting areas once I got new abilities to go find things that I remembered not being able to get before

And I really don't get all the fuss about Chozo Ghosts, they're chumps, like yeah the effect if they hit you is annoying so just sidestep it

Even before the X-Ray visor they're easy to fight if you literally don't move and just stand in a corner with a charged beam ready to dome them when they uncloak, sidestepping their attacks as needed

Once you have the X-Ray beam and super missiles then they're trivial

I was extremely clear that I don't think the Chozo Ghosts are hard so maybe you should have read that lot of words better. I said they were very annoying and unfun to fight. Also good for you, you knew about the artifacts being required and I didn't. I haven't played the game in over 15 years.

Silver Falcon posted:

The real problem that guy is having is getting to the end-game Artifact hunt and having less than 60 missiles? Like, my guy. The game shits those are you if you make any effort to explore at all. That's what you're meant to do while backtracking through areas you've been to before. You're supposed to look for and collect upgrades. I wound up with 200 missiles by the time I turned in the artifacts, just from being diligent about exploring.

No I have like 170 missiles. I was saying that so much stuff requires super missiles in the end game that I'm frequently running low. The part in question is not an artifact, it's an upgrade and requires 12 super missiles, when you leave it resets. I did not have 60 missiles left so I'd either have to farm them off nearby enemies or run back to a missile station. Both options are sort of tedious. My complaint was basically that there are parts that use a ton of resources and don't have a resupply, which can just cause more back tracking on top of the already massive amount of back tracking.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 21, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just noticed that these nyxi joycons have a little flat spot on the bottom. Which means you can have the switch stand up at an angle. I guess it technically does the same thing as the kickstand would, but you can't use it with these attached, so it's pretty cool.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Morpheus posted:

I'm impressed you missed it, I've been grabbing random people on the street and telling them about it for years

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I also have a bad understanding of statistics I don't know why I feel the need to include that

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
whats isekai

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
not much what's isekai with you

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
not much not much either

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

wizard2 posted:

whats isekai

Isekai-ay, motherfucker

Seriously though, it's the "Stranger in a Strange Land" genre, typically involving one or more of the following:
- dimension travel
- time travel
- reincarnation
- the Quantum Leap thing where YOU are now the person who's body you're inhabiting

The one constant is retaining your memories of your previous life.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 21, 2023

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I feel like the genre needs to return to its roots: establishing that everyone else is inferior to people from Connecticut. Now if you don’t mind, I need to swing by the package store to pick up some beer, and then maybe grab a grinder on the way back to eat when I get home.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

nrook posted:

I feel like the genre needs to return to its roots: establishing that everyone else is inferior to people from Ohio. Now if you don’t mind, I need to swing by the package store to pick up some beer, and then maybe grab a grinder on the way back to eat when I get home.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Len posted:

I am into action games but that looks like a bullet hell
It reminds me of a character action game. The input complexity is obviously lower but the pacing and combo control system is similar, in spirit at least. CC plays well but it's in a league of its own because of its design. Vids don't express what makes it so excellent - there's something in the way that it controls and responds the player. The Novice mode is about as difficult as a tough Platinum game, and is definitely the way to go if you're not into other bullet hells.

The designer and coder, Clover-TAC, is an arcade superplayer with world record scores. Crimzon Clover is his only game to date, and has been significantly retuned and enhanced twice. It represents a decade's worth of effort to make the best shooter ever, and it actually might be

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 21, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

A warning to people playing the MM Battle Network Collection: when you're doing the virus training minigame, do the battles in the JP version of the game. Devs hosed up when fusing the version and the English version doesn't give you the Django Mega Chip you need for all Mega Chips, and you'll need online to get it if you missed it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

nrook posted:

I feel like the genre needs to return to its roots: establishing that everyone else is inferior to people from Connecticut. Now if you don’t mind, I need to swing by the package store to pick up some beer, and then maybe grab a grinder on the way back to eat when I get home.

Goodness that took me back. Is this a reference to Twain? That couldn't possibly the first one.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Megaman battlenetwork collection.. ff pixel remasters.. advance wars remake... Tears of the kingdom. Nintendo why? :negative: but also :homebrew:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Advance Wars fucks big time. They nailed it. Only thing I'd like to see is a pile of new battle maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Advance Wars fucks big time. They nailed it. Only thing I'd like to see is a pile of new battle maps

DLC would be amazing. Even if it were just adding the DS games to it. But actual new content wow.