Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ojetor posted:

maybe not the average carry, but i have heard whispers of the elusive bkb-purchasing carry

that's why you build techies as a tank and initiate with suicide, pop tazer and bkb, drop mines and sprint away faster than they can catch you. the more heroes you can jump on the better. unbelievably annoying and therefore good. amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
where patch

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Can you imagine how mad everyone would get at icefrog for actually implementing a true pay to win thing after his big comeback

I don't think it's pay to win, but it's definitely pay to something.

Pay to metastasize?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
preemptive “we league now” post

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Aghs on Techies is very funny if you have the correct read that the enemy carry will not purchase a bkb (aka they are bad because they're playing against me, who is bad)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

where the gently caress is the patch

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

where the gently caress is the patch

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/5657125992547620671

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Patch notes are still redirecting to home screen but the patch is live lol

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

It's killing me dude

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

https://www.dota2.com/newfrontiers?tg_rhash=a8aa3892b2f818 should work

The most important note:

quote:

This is a gameplay change, but it has obvious lore implications. You guessed it: Dota 2 now unofficially exists in the PMEU (Pac Man Expanded Universe).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Man this seems like a lot for not updating it to 8.00. I mean it's all arbitrary but this is a whole lot

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

quote:

MEGAMEEPO
New ability granted by Aghanim's Scepter
Primary Meepo mounts all other Meepos in a 600 radius around him on top of his shoulders. While in this form, he gains 50% of the other Meepo stats and can Fling them at enemies, dealing 225 damage and slowing them by 60% for 3s. While active, Earthbind generates additional nets and Poof deals bonus damage based on the amount of Meepos riding on top. Casting Dig cancels MegaMeepo. Has no Mana Cost. Cooldown: 60s. Duration: 20s. Fling Cooldown: 0.5s

what the actual hell is this patch

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

its a new game, maybe ill be good now

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dota community: Valve should add a second map objective
Valve: Hold My Beer...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm scared :ohdear:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Defiant Shell is a new item that is gonna be hilarious on crit-heroes like PA and Sven:

Defiant Shell
New Tier 3 Neutral item
Provides +7 All Attributes and +5 Armor
Passive: Reciprocity When attacked, the hero counter-attacks a target within their attack range. Cooldown: 5s

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

Defiant Shell is a new item that is gonna be hilarious on crit-heroes like PA and Sven:

Defiant Shell
New Tier 3 Neutral item
Provides +7 All Attributes and +5 Armor
Passive: Reciprocity When attacked, the hero counter-attacks a target within their attack range. Cooldown: 5s

I just grabbed this with the Omniknight Shard that makes him auto cast Hammer of Purity, really funny seeing people attack me and I just immediately dope smack them for a ton of damage haha. Still don't think the hero will ever be the semi frontliner Paladin type I want him to be, though

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't buy a house but this bitch roshan buys himself a new house and a summer home? gently caress this guy

e: venomancer got the biggest buffs on earth now, he is now the Anti BKB

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 21, 2023

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tried some mid ogre with phase, midas, sange/kaya, bkb, str blink

extremely fun

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If this isn't 8.0 what could possibly qualify

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

played alchemist he's good

there's so many more creep camps

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Geight posted:

If this isn't 8.0 what could possibly qualify

gambler

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nanomashoes posted:

played alchemist he's good

there's so many more creep camps

Played a couple tinker games. Shivas makes me so rich with all these extra camps.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Played a couple tinker games. Shivas makes me so rich with all these extra camps.

i take it the blink mute means you can't refresh and blink out while being hit as tinker anymore?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

NtotheTC posted:

i take it the blink mute means you can't refresh and blink out while being hit as tinker anymore?

That’s right but you still gotta break his shield. His missile range nerf is also very noticeable.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I don't understand what Muerta's scepter is supposed to do. You just shoot an enemy and you have 4 seconds to kill them for free with 50% damage reduction? So basically it's a Beastmaster roar you spend 4.2k gold on?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
beast master is my favorite hero

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The muerta thing works on allies too so it’s potentially a very powerful save in the right circumstance

One of the least obvious aghs they’ve done lately, but I think it’ll mostly be used to kill targets during her ult so they can’t use any mobility or save. She won’t care about the 50% dmg reduction because her dmg is so insane by the time she’d be buying this item

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Haven't played dota for 6 months, played 2 games of the new Ogre, at my trash tier he is too powerful. Game still rules, I love dota :D

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

bovis posted:

Haven't played dota for 6 months, played 2 games of the new Ogre, at my trash tier he is too powerful. Game still rules, I love dota :D

same just played core ogre, the new eternal shroud was made for him, shroud blink basher and just slapped people

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wow, new Ogre feels real loving good.

Hittin' stuff is fun!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What happens when new ogre gets eclipsed by OD?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

What happens when new ogre gets eclipsed by OD?

Sanity’s Eclipse damage is factored by mana difference, and ogre’s mana pool scales on strength now so it’s not a biggie.

I wonder, do silencer’s glyphs temporarily steal anything from ogre? I guess not.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Phantom Lancer feels incredible right now, went 30/2 in my first update game. His shard is very nice.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That +75 Auto Attack Range sounded pretty crazy when I scrolled past it last night. I feel like that's one of those things that's going to get overlooked for a while.

I have no idea what I think of the new Shard though, the old one was good but now not worth 4200g

I need to get a game in with my best boy Primal Beast; his ulti piercing Magic Debuff Immunity right out of the gate sounds fantastic. Instead of having to wait until level 2-loving-5 for it.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

puck and the spirits are going to be crazy strong and you know what: good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Some of the new Universe heroes got their stat growth obliterated to keep their damage growth in line. they're gonna feel rough for a while.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do the Tormentors announce their death like Roshan? We killed 1 in one of my two 7.33 games but I didn't notice if it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Do the Tormentors announce their death like Roshan? We killed 1 in one of my two 7.33 games but I didn't notice if it does.

It only tells your team who gets a shard. If everyone has a shard, there’s no notification.