Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Everyone's talking about sharing supports and friend codes, but I'm still not sure you can even bring supports into this event. I think I'll just have to keep grinding the spicy dungeon with only Bistro Gregor for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solitair posted:

Everyone's talking about sharing supports and friend codes, but I'm still not sure you can even bring supports into this event. I think I'll just have to keep grinding the spicy dungeon with only Bistro Gregor for now.

You can bring them into the stages. I don't think you can bring them into the dungeon (or at least I couldn't figure out how).

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The dungeon is mirror dungeon style, so no supports.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Found a bug: the final part of Sinclair's Lifetime Stew E.G.O. ignores volume settings and plays the sound even if you've otherwise muted the game.

It also plays full volume regardless of your normal volume settings, even if you're not muted.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Quackles posted:

You can bring them into the stages. I don't think you can bring them into the dungeon (or at least I couldn't figure out how).

So this makes me wonder if it'd take less time (or enkephalin) to bring someone else's Bistro Ryoshu to the stages instead of running the hard dungeon. Has anyone done the math on that?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I had seen someone was working on it eventually, haven't heard from them yet. I'm still sticking with the dungeons until then.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solitair posted:

So this makes me wonder if it'd take less time (or enkephalin) to bring someone else's Bistro Ryoshu to the stages instead of running the hard dungeon. Has anyone done the math on that?

Well, the hard dungeon gives 80 base plushies, for 40 Enkephalin. I have +60% (Ryoshu and Gregor but neither EGO), so that boosts it to 128, or 3.2 Bongy per E.

All the stages are 16 E to enter. Looks like they give 16 plushies. 16 + 60% is 25-26 plushies. That's about 1.6 Bongy per E.

The hard dungeon is drastically more efficient than everything else, E-wise. (I'd say 'both dungeons' but the easy one is bugged, so.)

EDIT: updated the stage drop math

Quackles fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 21, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
What’s the easy dungeon doing right now, bugwise? Also what’s its base drop, I ran right to spicy and didn’t stop chain clearing.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

What’s the easy dungeon doing right now, bugwise? Also what’s its base drop, I ran right to spicy and didn’t stop chain clearing.

I'm told it's 40, and no bonus of any kind is applied:

watchedclock posted:

At least on iOS, dungeon 1 and the last story battle aren’t applying the bonuses right; you only get the base 40/16 plushies on replay. I wasn’t paying attention in the earlier stages/the first go-around, so it could also be bugged there too. :lobcorp: I guess

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
IN under the wire

https://twitter.com/tangentrina/

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/DREAMYGR4Y/status/1649252319572393985

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Anyway, a lotta updates from the Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649245203528839170

Chapter 4 is going to be longer than 3 was, but because of that, they're delaying it.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649245775971651585

To make up for this, we get Dante's Notes, where Dante comments on the various keywords, groups, and organizations they've seen throughout the city.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649247591861981184

New schedule: new IDs and EGO this month. May has a new mini-event, Roll Call, with new IDs and Dante's Notes dropping then, too. June's when we're getting Chapter 4, along with a new Battle Pass and harder Mirror Dungeon.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Quackles posted:

I'm told it's 40, and no bonus of any kind is applied:

Turns out I was just wrong about the base values for the story battles and easy dungeon; the math happened to match up too well so I thought it was a bug but it’s not. After poking around reddit a bit, I think the base plushie number for the easy dungeon is 25 and the base number for the story battles is 10. So it’s just that the hard dungeon is way more efficient.

Edit:

Junpei posted:

New schedule: new IDs and EGO this month. May has a new mini-event, Roll Call, with new IDs and Dante's Notes dropping then, too. June's when we're getting Chapter 4, along with a new Battle Pass and harder Mirror Dungeon.

Looks like it’s Yi Sang on the s2 battle pass. Any idea what abnormality the ego will be from? I think those green things might be umbrellas, so maybe the fox from the mirror dungeons?

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 21, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

watchedclock posted:

Turns out I was just wrong about the base values for the story battles and easy dungeon; the math happened to match up too well so I thought it was a bug but it’s not. After poking around reddit a bit, I think the base plushie number for the easy dungeon is 25 and the base number for the story battles is 10. So it’s just that the hard dungeon is way more efficient.

Edit:

Looks like it’s Yi Sang on the s2 battle pass. Any idea what abnormality the ego will be from? I think those green things might be umbrellas, so maybe the fox from the mirror dungeons?

I did a full bonus run of mild and got 55, the base is definitely 25 plushies for mild. The 80 for 2 spicy dungeon definitely wins by a mile.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So how's Pierre Ryoshu in the end? Cause I think I'll need to use shard boxes but I could go for her.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So how's Pierre Ryoshu in the end? Cause I think I'll need to use shard boxes but I could go for her.

Really good so far. She's a strong unit with no single-coin skills, good bases, and a handy source of healing if you save up Lust resources.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Madcap-strong. Just a truck. I forgot to level her, uptie only, and she'd still regularly do 40%-50% damage on a team of III 30s.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Despite looking like a support at the first glance, she is actually a primary damage dealer.

She is very good at clashing, her third skill can hit as hard as Rip Space/Mind Whip/Quick Suppression, but has far lower setup/limitations than they do, her healing reduction is very noticeable when you need it and her healing is....Ok. It's nice when it happens, but it's limited by being on kill and needing 4 Lust to trigger, so it's just a bonus, instead of being cornerstone of her kit as it was initially presented. She also causes some Bleed and Bind which are not very spectacular on their own, but allow a nice bit of synergy when slotted into Bleed teams.

Overall, a lot of people rate her as one of the Top 5 Identities released so far, and I agree that she hovers around there.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

All that checks out with my support use. I guess I could use around 135 boxes (since they give 1-3 shards and I need 270) to get her so I can save my lunacy for the identities in May and June. Cause the earlier I get her the easier the event will become to grind.

Also we got new identity preview on ads in Japan. Thumb Rodion and Mersault. If they're the next ones it's weird cause Don and Yi Sang have 1 less than the others, but they're matched with Telepole Faust....

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Anyway, a lotta updates from the Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649245203528839170

Chapter 4 is going to be longer than 3 was, but because of that, they're delaying it.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649245775971651585

To make up for this, we get Dante's Notes, where Dante comments on the various keywords, groups, and organizations they've seen throughout the city.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649247591861981184

Disregard story chapter, acquire lore.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649265262519283712

Chapter 4 is going to be roughly 1/3rd as long as Library of Ruina - 90k vs 240k. I fear for the souls of the translation team.

https://twitter.com/egopasta/status/1649266363721211909?t=hzsREWV-Jl18093E76-4dw&s=19

Also, Thumb Meursault and Thumb Rodya confirmed via IRL advertising.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 21, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

All that checks out with my support use. I guess I could use around 135 boxes (since they give 1-3 shards and I need 270) to get her so I can save my lunacy for the identities in May and June. Cause the earlier I get her the easier the event will become to grind.

Additionally, the whole "bloody knife smile" on her Identity art is sick and she does it each time you use her 3rd skill, so she gets 10/10 style points.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 21, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hopefully the Thumb IDs give us some Ammo support. Like, LCCB Ishmael and Rabbit Heathcliff are good and all, but some passive to the effect of "Ally with the highest Max HP gets +3 Ammo" would help their longevity in fights quite a bit.

Also, the art confirms that Chapter 5 is going to be Ishmael's. And 4 definitely looks like Yi Sang's. The Pattern of the original art posts is holding strong (Heathcliff 6, Don 7, Hong Lu 8, Ryoshu 9, Meursault 10, Outis 11, Faust 12, and Dante 13).

Junpei fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 21, 2023

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So since Don, Ryoshu, Sinclaire, and Gregor are forced includes into the hard mode dungeon if you want to minimize runs and thus box usage, who would be the best 5th member do you all think. I have all of Sinclaire's IDs although none of them seem good, Gregor and Ryoshu are forced into their event IDs although Ryoshu's is actually good, and Don I figured I'd just go W corp as usual.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The only fight lasting long enough to use Rip Space is the final boss and most enemies in the dungeon are resistant to pierce so W Corp Don is for once uniquely unsuited for running the Dungeon. LCB Don is one of the worst Identities in the game so she is out, which leaves....um, *shuffles papers* ...Shi Don? :shrug:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Leap and Rip will still carry normal Don, and Telepole being Pierce is very useful in the final battle, W Don is still perfectly fine here. I've been using Jefe Sinclair as well, because he's tanky and has evade so sometimes the enemy will waste 3-4 turns targeting him, he dodges them all, and then everyone else bonks the enemy. It's very funny.

My fifth is Buncliff, entirely so that he can quickly murder the chicken sack.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

From what I've seen people just don't bring Dom because the 20% bonus is less important than bringing at least Ryoshu+Sinclair+Gregor (even if Gregor is also meh).

Also lmao, got exactly as many shards I needed for Chef Ryoshu. Law of big numbers I love you.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649322816851030016?s=19

Full 10 roll for fixing translation goofs and moving the roadmap back.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
thread, I am having a weird Ruina problem where the game isn't recognizing a book I definitely have, and I'm stuck at tier 3 floor of religion. is there some kind of mod or console command to remove and re-add books, or just a way to force unlock the floor so I can re-do the fights? I only have the very last invitation gauntlet left so it's pretty frustrating.

I've tried verifying file integrity, burning more books, turning off mods. google has failed me.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

BisbyWorl posted:

Full 10 roll for fixing translation goofs and moving the roadmap back.

I appreciate this a lot because this maintenance just disrupted me and two different friends who were all doing Spicy dungeon runs at the exact same time. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Managed to snag W Don at the last second using the refraction's free deca tickets, then of course the gaurunteed 000 ticket gives me a Gregor dupe. RNG giveth and RNG taketh away. :rolldice:

TeeQueue posted:

Leap and Rip will still carry normal Don, and Telepole being Pierce is very useful in the final battle, W Don is still perfectly fine here. I've been using Jefe Sinclair as well, because he's tanky and has evade so sometimes the enemy will waste 3-4 turns targeting him, he dodges them all, and then everyone else bonks the enemy. It's very funny.

My fifth is Buncliff, entirely so that he can quickly murder the chicken sack.

Buncliff can also take evade duty and is more useful in the preceding fights. That said W Don isn't bad in those or anything.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
W Don's valuable in the new dungeon because of that insane rupture artifact.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649251871524278272 big advertising push in japan, animate ikebukuro is a pretty popular store. Funnily, mostly for stuff aimed at women, like touken ranbu.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1649332805892194305

Also prices being reduced in won and yen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

(top-left first pic) what kind of absolute sicko advertises W Meursault

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly wonder how they picked the identities for that ad. i guess just whatever ones made them look cool, but its funny seeing l corp faust on there.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

(top-left first pic) what kind of absolute sicko advertises W Meursault

He has the biggest drip of all Mersaults after Pursuance.

Edit: why did I say that, he spooked my pull for don

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 21, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

glitch alert: the 3rd hit of Blade Yi Sang's Flank Thrust just never executes and softlocks the game

not game breaking since i'm the only player in the world who uses that guy, but something to look out for

e:

He has the biggest drip of all Mersaults after Pursuance.

Edit: why did I say that, he spooked my pull for don

Mine came in an insanely lucky double-000 10 pull on the don banner when I was hunting for her, which were of course R Ishmael and W Mersault :rolldice: he's just dedicated to his mission of making everyone disappointed

(R Ishmael is good mind you but still)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 21, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

glitch alert: the 3rd hit of Blade Yi Sang's Flank Thrust just never executes and softlocks the game

not game breaking since i'm the only player in the world who uses that guy, but something to look out for

The actual gamebrwak is the same happens on N Faust, which is used by everyone.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

My iOS Mirror Dungeon run has been interrupted by skills never actually resolving at all—the enemy will still clash with me, but I get no actual hits on them after winning (they hit me just fine). I could win this due to having Teddy Bear so they'd die eventually anyways... but the enemy also is in a 6-v-5 fight, meaning they're able to rack up a bunch of free hits on my guys too. :lobcorp:

To steam, I guess!

EDIT: it is also happening on steam. :lobcorp:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The actual gamebrwak is the same happens on N Faust, which is used by everyone.

that's quite a dichtomy

budget players have it hard enough, leave the poor low-tiers alone

e: so for some reason fixing translation errors, gregor's portrait, and e.g.o gift event dupes fundamentally broke the entire game, :lobcorp:

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
You can tell which skills are broken because trying to manually target them in an Abnormality fight causes the game to freak out.

Sasuga Project Moon.