Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

God, Wilbur is pathetic.

Insert the Simpsons cbg quote here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Son of Bitch It's More Mouse Racing Horse Piss

lmao remember Google Glass? I sure don't.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Comics Kingdom is being weird, so enjoy a Hagar the Horrible for ants

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

I really hate that Intelligent Life barbarian comic, but I have to ask: Why is Mace Windu in it, and what the gently caress is supposed to be the joke about the leprechaun?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Sauna scenes count: 3

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The old pulp comics in Popcom are so gratuitously violent sometimes I honestly kind of get why the moral reformers had it in for them. Not that this particular comic is a very good example of that, it's just so rare these days I'm caught up enough on the thread that I can make a comment that's not completely out of date.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/27-29/50

Archie 2/24-26/47

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

This is the worst thing Nekonaughey's ever done

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which the Major indulges in some avian rehab. (November 12-14, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (January 13-15, 1921)

Dok's "A Little Something To Piss Off Everyone" Duck (September 14, 1914; spoilered for an abundance of the Usual Reasons.)

Little Lefty (May 24-25, 1938)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Panel one, right: the Human Garf. Can you believe I am giving this stuff away for free?

Is that Gene Belcher behind Wolverine in the last panel?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

It's interesting to see Allison test a style where the hair isn't outlined.

Fingerpori

ANSU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

readingatwork posted:

I had a friend who's mom would absolutely let her do that as long as she didn't abuse the privilege and honestly it seems like a pretty good policy. Adults do it all the time to get a breather from work so I don't see the issue.

I agree. I know I attempted the old "thermometer on the lightbulb" trick at least once. I'd seen it on TV and was either too young or too dumb to realize that Mom would probably figure out my deception if I had a temperature of 200 degrees. My parents still let me stay home. I was basically a good kid who liked school, so if I was trying to get out of it then clearly I needed a day off. I had to mostly stay in bed, though. No Nintendo allowed. :(

I'd make that Tinkersons kid go to school, though. Dude's trying to bail out of class all the time.

And now I have to ask myself, is today the day I log in to my long-forgotten imgur account? No. It's just loving Luann.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

In my head his impression of Miles is flawless.

Old School Peanuts (Apr 18, 1954)

Oh no I can't believe they made Peanuts woke!

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 21-22, 1993)

Big Nate

LOL, called it. I was actually thinking that Nate dating Daphne would be an interesting shake up of the status quo that gives Nate a friend who genuinely seems to like him and is able to pull his head out of his rear end a bit. Which is of course why it was never going to happen.

Dunce

I love this one.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

readingatwork posted:

Always loved this one. Working on a lot of different levels.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hostile V posted:

"She's Got A Kink" And Other Reasons To Commit To A Horrible Bit

Hostile V posted:

Local Dog Succeeds Again

The domestication reference is irritating me even more than usual because while the phrase has never made contextual sense it makes aggressively negative contextual sense in a world where poodles were still somehow bred.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 18, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Bonus: It's Mopsy! Courtesy of yesterdaysprint:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Giant Ethicist posted:

I really hate that Intelligent Life barbarian comic, but I have to ask: Why is Mace Windu in it, and what the gently caress is supposed to be the joke about the leprechaun?

The joke is that do you know the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? He drew him. That's the joke.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(September 24, 1916)

Little Nemo(February 11, 1906)

Tag yourself in panel 5(I'm It)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 11, 1956)

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"...And why is only one of my sleeves long?? Whatta woild!"

readingatwork posted:

Absolutely perfect. Almost an alternate-universe Peanuts strip.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/20/03

Brenda Starr 10/29/50

Smokey Stover 3/14/54

Everyday Movies 5/1/36

"Gee, business must be bad today, the boss is kicking the cat outta his office again."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/27/41

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Trying out a different image hosting site since imgur is going to hell soon.

Woop woop!

On a side note, I don't know if the Evanses are doing it on purpose, but this sure reads like Gunther's mom has a problem with interracial relationships.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Ed being a dick about a 12 year old who gets paid 7 yuan a day.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Trying out a different image hosting site since imgur is going to hell soon.

Woop woop!

On a side note, I don't know if the Evanses are doing it on purpose, but this sure reads like Gunther's mom has a problem with interracial relationships.

Her and Mr. Gray both.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I could've sworn the last time it came up Gunther swore to tell his mom about it and stand by his girlfriend. But that'd involve rereading and paying more attention to Luann and that's a lot of hate read when my usual load is one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

als othis girl is supposed to have like a million folowers or something stupid so there's probably a ton of evidence just kind of on the internet that she's living there lol

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/27/41

If I had this power, I think I'd only use it when I had some reason to, instead of just casually wandering around town invisibly. Otherwise people would be banging right into me just like this, all the time. And of course crossing a street becomes WAY more dangerous.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hippocrass posted:

Krazy Kat(September 24, 1916)

I was completely and constitutionally incapable of understanding a single Krazy Kat strip (despite knowing about it since I was six because of hearing about all the Pogo and Calvin and Hobbes inspiration it drove) until you started posting it here. It's very peculiar and good, so thank you very much.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gunther's a bitch

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Adios, Geronimo, or Fort Mescalero finally gets with the times, or ...and so, Blueberry's flashback reaches an end...

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Testing out a post-imgur world. Hoping I don't live to regret this choice, too.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 23, 1935)

Peanuts (April 23, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 21, 1939)

Out Our Way (August 11-13, 1941)

Trip report (in case anyone actually needs it): postimage isn't that bad, but the main issue for what we do here is that with a freeloader account (anon or otherwise), anything hotlinked pic bigger than 1280x gets downscaled. That isn't horrible for strips, but it'll do a number displaying Sunday pages. The original will be full-sized, but you'll have to click through (Thimble Theater's the example here).

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 21, 2023

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

:confused:

I understand what 'type A personality' is but I don't understand why bringing a book to be signed is considered by Batiuk to be "type double A".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:confused:

I understand what 'type A personality' is but I don't understand why bringing a book to be signed is considered by Batiuk to be "type double A".

He's bringing in copies of the other autographs she gave him, which either means he doesn't want a repeat inscription or he wants Lillian to punch his loyalty card.