Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm not too familiar with iilluminaughtii except that their video style is very dry for lack of better terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The worst part of college is that you need to find a highlighter that’s a totally unique color to you so you don’t get expelled, and then what if you lose track of it?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

legal eagle has been using that first example layout since at least 2019 lol

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I am genuinely baffled that someone would use those as examples to try and accuse a huge account like Legal Eagle of plagiarism. Does she not watch any other video essayists? or the news??? Dateline? Anything??

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

it is fun when someone who gives off bizarrely bad vibes gets their spot blown up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alaois posted:

everything that advertises through youtube and podcast ads are scams
I posted this in another thread about Factor meal kits, but I'll post it here too:

Captain Invictus posted:

I meant to post this after the episode they did the ad read for it(dunno if they did another one for the latest podcast, haven't listened yet) but if you're looking for a meal kit thing, definitely don't get Factor. someone accidentally sent an order of it to my neighbor, and since they're vegan, they asked if I'd like it since it couldn't be returned. I accepted, and it had 6 microwaveable frozen dinners that looked...uninspiring. then I actually looked at the nutrition info. many very basic meals, like a lightly seasoned chicken breast with some green beans, had astronomical levels of your daily allowance of fat/sodium/cholesterol, 100% saturated fat, 70% cholesterol, etc. Just an immense amount of the "bad stuff" compared to what you get, we're talking a piece of chicken smaller than a slice of bread and some green beans, and somehow they manage to cram that much fat, cholesterol and salt into them while also not tasting very good! I tried three of them and chucked the others, a chicken breast with green beans, a dish of stuffed peppers, and some potato dish iirc. if they were gourmet dishes at some restaurant, I could excuse the ridiculously unhealthy stats as a luxury "tax", but these taste super basic. and the box was valued at $60, meaning each of those mediocre frozen dinners was ten dollars!

you're better off just getting a Hungry Man or some other awfulness from the freezer aisle if you want frozen garbage meals, skip out on Factor.

I took pictures of a few of the meal sleeves as examples:

I don't know anything about keto so maybe that much fat is "normal"but I doubt it

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

TheMightyBoops posted:

The worst part of college is that you need to find a highlighter that’s a totally unique color to you so you don’t get expelled, and then what if you lose track of it?

Hope they don't find out that there are sites that sell stock motion graphics like DigitalJuice.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zedd posted:

I'm not too familiar with iilluminaughtii except that their video style is very dry for lack of better terms.
they were originally one of those channels that debunks mlms, which i watched a few of, but after that well dried they pivoted to just general commentary, which they are not very good at. i watched their one on the nz gloriavale cult because i'm from nz and it was just terribly researched, total surface-level commentary below even that you'd find in a local newspaper, and very obviously just trying to take advantage of it being in the headlines at the time; which i know because it is titled "the cult that preyed on children" as the headlines were about historic sexual abuse allegations but the cult was not only active and still abusing people when the video was made, it's still active and generating abuse allegations to this very day.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It gets better. Hbomb coming with the kill

https://twitter.com/hbomberguy/status/1649191520883429376?s=46&t=W2Qm6mR0SpKXEUHEsUiPGg

Edit: late to the party

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

I posted this in another thread about Factor meal kits, but I'll post it here too:

I don't know anything about keto so maybe that much fat is "normal"but I doubt it

Yeah that's not unexpected at all. The salt levels are high in Factor's meals generally, but if you are doing actual-keto--that is, carbs under 20g or 40g a day in order to trigger ketosis and stay in it--this is pretty reasonable. I've tried a box that I got with a free trial and I dunno, they were fine. I'm used to adding garlic powder or cayenne pepper to premade meals just as a matter of course. They weren't as good as Snap Kitchen, but they won't deliver now that I live outside the city a little.

Keto is the only method of weight loss that's ever worked for me. I dropped fifty pounds (250 to 200) over a couple months. (I'm lucky in that I've been able to keep most of it off for 7-8 years without going hardcore on the super-low-carb thing and just mostly skipping rice/pasta/bread.)

tracecomplete fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 21, 2023

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

they were originally one of those channels that debunks mlms, which i watched a few of, but after that well dried they pivoted to just general commentary, which they are not very good at.

I was a big fan of the illuminaughti MLM videos, but yeah, the majority of what she's done since then has been pretty bad. Most inoffensive, but usually just boring and often feels like dragging out content way longer than it needs to be.

I'm excited for her apparent heel turn. I think I saw a weird tweet she'd made before giving off similar vibes. I wonder if she'll realize how wrong she is here or double down and try to just post through it.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

tracecomplete posted:

Yeah that's not unexpected at all. The salt levels are high in Factor's meals generally, but if you are doing actual-keto--that is, carbs under 20g or 40g a day in order to trigger ketosis and stay in it--this is pretty reasonable. I've tried a box that I got with a free trial and I dunno, they were fine. I'm used to adding garlic powder or cayenne pepper to premade meals just as a matter of course. They weren't as good as Snap Kitchen, but they won't deliver now that I live outside the city a little.

Keto is the only method of weight loss that's ever worked for me. I dropped fifty pounds (250 to 200) over a couple months. (I'm lucky in that I've been able to keep most of it off for 7-8 years without going hardcore on the super-low-carb thing and just mostly skipping rice/pasta/bread.)

Excellent. I have mostly heard that Keto is mostly good for Specific Medical Conditions ( I think childhood siezure disorders? I think it's nearly unsearchable due to general weight-loss stuff )

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The best part of Example B is that they they look appreciably different because one is a highlighter marker and the other is a computer highlight, which have completely different visual styles, contextual meanings, and are in no way sending the same message

It’s literally the opposite of plagiarism unless you’re incredibly stupid and shallow

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i tried watching some of her vids but i think shes legitimately stupid and high on her own supply

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

This is not her first entirely spurious accusation of plagiarism. She had a few videos (since taken down) claiming other people in the explaining internet mysteries and conspiracy theories youtube sphere were plagiarizing due to having the same topics as someone else.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is not her first entirely spurious accusation of plagiarism. She had a few videos (since taken down) claiming other people in the explaining internet mysteries and conspiracy theories youtube sphere were plagiarizing due to having the same topics as someone else.

lmao at a person imagining they have a unique topic that has never been covered before in that sphere.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

some time ago i watched illuminaughti's Dr Phil videos and while I can't name specifics i remember it having a very SunnyV quality of commentary, where despite having apparently tons of evidence and research made to prove that Phil is definitely a big massive rear end in a top hat it's very "oh you can make your own decision that i definitely did not push on you through my selective way of editing"

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I'm sorry... are the accusations of plagiarism here really that a torn page header is unique and... highlighting text in the image of a quote put on a video? Is that it?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
That seems to it, yes.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The pyramid-head conspiracy youtube lady was never my favorite pyramid-head person, but she's definitely fallen off my top 100 list now.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

The Saddest Rhino posted:

some time ago i watched illuminaughti's Dr Phil videos and while I can't name specifics i remember it having a very SunnyV quality of commentary, where despite having apparently tons of evidence and research made to prove that Phil is definitely a big massive rear end in a top hat it's very "oh you can make your own decision that i definitely did not push on you through my selective way of editing"

The Michael Moore school of documentary editing?

Speaking of content creators catching L's:

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1649167461277904897?t=T4MSPanh6lO-uknl9J58Xw&s=19

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

now this is the kind of slapfight I can get into

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i love all of the dumbass bozos on youtube

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they're creating content

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm creating content, they're creating discontent.

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
Can't believe the ex-goon turned into a fairly normal person on youtube.

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

I've just remembered from this that one of my distant cousins went on Dr. Phil because he moved to Hollywood to become a rapper/hip-hop artist (he's white and from the mid-west) and just aired out how he and his dad like fist fought each other and how he stole money from his parents and justified it as like him needing to "buy equipment to make beats" and poo poo lol. Incredibly funny poo poo when the camera zooms in on someone I've met irl and Phil is like "Why'd you punch your son?" to the dad.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

oh my god

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:thurman:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

God drat h bomberguy he out for blood.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Alaois posted:

i love all of the dumbass bozos on youtube

My favorite bozo on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAtHQc55qEM

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/iilluminaughtii/status/1649246888447672322?t=BoeXe4nmtRGNhShhN5GIHg&s=19

Huh guess that settles it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

say something dumb online -> a lot of people criticize you -> one rear end in a top hat does something extreme (optional, you can just lie about this) -> everyone who ever criticized me is responsible for this

If someone popular criticizes me then they're sending their fans to attack me. If someone popular criticizes me and they specifically ask their audience to not attack me, they're doing it as a wink wink nudge nudge way of telling their audience to attack me.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 21, 2023

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I suppose it's possible that was some legal CYA to come right up to calling Phil a massive shithead scam artist without going over that line, but he'd probably still sue if he was inclined to do so. And all she does is cover scammers and conspiracy nuts, so it's not like her intent isn't clear there. I guess it's disappointing, but not shocking, that there are no Normal people covering that poo poo regularly on YouTube.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

All those meal plans seem like they are for like one meal a day and all are so expensive it's doubling your grocery bill.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

say something dumb online -> a lot of people criticize you -> one rear end in a top hat does something extreme (optional, you can just lie about this) -> everyone who ever criticized me is responsible for this

If someone popular criticizes me then they're sending their fans to attack me. If someone popular criticizes me and they specifically ask their audience to not attack me, they're doing it as a wink wink nudge nudge way of telling their audience to attack me.

Yeah, its really dumb. People will give death threats at the drop of a hat. It doesn't mean that the side that they are on is wrong. Every large group of people is going to have its assholes.

Its like how every argument about a translation choice for a game or anime turns into some major moral crisis, and you are literally a Nazi if you have the wrong opinion. People will find one person who is lovely and then say they are representative of the entire group. When in reality it should be the most trivial matters.

Also about that meal kit thing. If a company sponsors a youtube ad, you can pretty much assume the product is poo poo. (except for maybe a VPN, but even those are pretty misleading).

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 21, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I think the pyramid YouTuber is good at choosing topics, and I don’t think they’re a bad person, but based on their scripts they’ve always come off as kinda dumb.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I don't think they're great if they're accusing another channel of stealing incredibly common visual effects on a video where they literally plagiarized the source material. I haven't seen their videos, but I'm actively avoiding them now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Also about that meal kit thing. If a company sponsors a youtube ad, you can pretty much assume the product is poo poo. (except for maybe a VPN, but even those are pretty misleading).

the most reputable VPN provider (mullvad) doesn't do ads or sponsorships so it even holds for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

New Ahoy Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EFkspO5p4 about pixel art of a burger.