Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Flying Zamboni posted:

Yeah but would you eat a lasagna that was made in this apartment?

Lol his life is literally this Connor o malley vid
https://twitter.com/conner_omalley/status/1587869377835081729?s=46

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

the loving elvira :dogstare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feels like i gotta play yakuza just to appreciate like half the jokes in this thread

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i gotta play yakuza

correct

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lobster shirt posted:

feels like i gotta play yakuza just to appreciate like half the jokes in this thread

out of context they're still great

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

you don't have to play every single one, even just playing enough to understand the tone of the games will make the jokes funnier

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its too late for me to play yakuza..... im washed up.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
my Yakuza experience so far is limited to like the first quarter of Yak0 because as soon as I unlocked Kamurocho Real Estate Royale I stopped advancing the story at all, poor Kiryu has been wanting to go back to his apartment and get some sleep so he can continue searching for the Empty Lot's owner tomorrow morning for like 72 hours straight

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Flying Zamboni posted:

Wait, it's the same guy! Holy poo poo! I completely forgot about that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

lobster shirt posted:

that's exactly right you have hundreds of hours of entertainment ahead of you

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I liked Yakuza 3 even though I could objectively tell that this is not a game that has aged gracefully and the story and its pacing could come across as maddeningly slow if you were used to modern stuff

Working my way through 4 atm but life gets in the way and ff16 is on the horizon

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Flying Zamboni posted:

Isn't this version 2 of this picture. I feel like it was way worse when I first saw it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

feels like i gotta play yakuza

well, yeah.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

I liked Yakuza 3 even though I could objectively tell that this is not a game that has aged gracefully and the story and its pacing could come across as maddeningly slow if you were used to modern stuff

Working my way through 4 atm but life gets in the way and ff16 is on the horizon

I actually really enjoyed 3, but I also skipped most of the side stuff and did almost nothing but story. Really enjoyed kiryu being a dad and doing dad things, which made the main plot line being so badshit a nice counterbalance.

Oh yeah, combat did suck though lol.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Flying Zamboni posted:

images you can smell, part XVI

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

Oh yeah, combat did suck though lol.

The fight with not-kazama where you have to spam the same basic combo because he blocks everything else and has about 9 health bars ftw. Music for that fight owns though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait the loving elvira standee is there, I thought you were joking

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke comprehending all this iron crowned poo poo, I never knew the guy besides his dogmurder stuff and in the past two days I've been exposed to so much more pathetic awfulness

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 21, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke comprehending all this iron crowned poo poo, I never knew the guy besides his dogmurder stuff and in the past two days I've been exposed to so much more pathetic awfulness

Thread’s haunted.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Flying Zamboni posted:

jeez, that poor cat.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

He did it His Way

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

jeez, that poor cat.

no kidding.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Will never understand how someone can get so ridiculously anti dog. Even my friend who was injured severely by a dog as a little kid and it left him with lifelong trauma that makes him uncomfortable to be around dogs even completely harmless ones, has never talked about wanting to beat a dog with a brick or whatever lol.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Will never understand how someone can get so ridiculously anti dog. Even my friend who was injured severely by a dog as a little kid and it left him with lifelong trauma that makes him uncomfortable to be around dogs even completely harmless ones, has never talked about wanting to beat a dog with a brick or whatever lol.

i think it depends on a lot of things. what kind of breed? is playtime over?

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
Does anyone in this thread wanna know what I think of local breastaurant "Hooters", my interactions with the girls (:agesilaus: who definetly are into me) there, how often I think of leaving bowls of antifreeze out for local cats, and how I make spaghetti with ketchup??? Well TOO bad I'm telling you anyways!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

lobster shirt posted:

I first got exposed to Yakuza when I was watching Matt and Patt play Yakuza 0 as part of their Super Best Friends Let's Play group, and I watched just enough to go

And went and bought it myself. Yakuza 0's a great introduction to the games, has really fun brawling combat, super addictive minigames, an honestly really engaging main plot, and hilarious surreal side quests. You can take it as a self-contained game and play like 80 hours of it, or if you want more go pick up Yakuza Kiwami 1 (the remake of 1) and Kiwami 2 (the remake of 2) and then fall into the Yakuza abyss for 400 hours more.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

Does anyone in this thread wanna know what I think of local breastaurant "Hooters", my interactions with the girls (:agesilaus: who definetly are into me) there, how often I think of leaving bowls of antifreeze out for local cats, and how I make spaghetti with ketchup??? Well TOO bad I'm telling you anyways!!

I wouldn't juice any kittens that you used antifreeze on, i think that'll persist

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wouldn't juice any kittens that you used antifreeze on, i think that'll persist

U hoes are just mad I got a free lobster from the manager of local breastaurant Hooters for my continued patronage :2monocle:, antifreeze is entirely good for the human body

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Been on my mind as well. I had a big Norwegian elk hound pin me down when I was a toddler. He never bit me but that dog gave me hell every single time.

As a result I sometimes get nervous around large dogs who are extremely excited or loud. I say sometimes because 90% I'll still end up rolling around the ground with the dog like an idiot.

I get it, some dogs are dangerous. But at some point you have to learn that these animals that have been part of human societies for millenia are not going to eat you.

Here is a picture of the puppy who hangs out at my job

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my parents had the brilliant idea to adopt a street stray when I was in grade school. it bit me three or four times before they got rid of it, once right through my cheek

I was still more torn up about losing the dog than the bite wounds. luckily their next and final attempt was an idiot yellow lab from a local breeder. had a close call when he ran away from home in the first year or two but he stuck with us til the end

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I got bit in the eye by my neighbors feral rear end dog when I was like 6. I went back home and my mom was hanging clothes on the line with her back to me so I announced myself by saying in an Australian accent “dog day is a very dangerous day!” With a hosed up profusely bleeding eye. My vision is still hosed but I got a neat scar and it’s good to know I was great at nailing refs even back then

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Been on my mind as well. I had a big Norwegian elk hound pin me down when I was a toddler. He never bit me but that dog gave me hell every single time.

As a result I sometimes get nervous around large dogs who are extremely excited or loud. I say sometimes because 90% I'll still end up rolling around the ground with the dog like an idiot.

I get it, some dogs are dangerous. But at some point you have to learn that these animals that have been part of human societies for millenia are not going to eat you.

That is an absurdly photogenic dog

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Please give that dog some treats that they're allowed to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I got badly bitten as a kid by a rescue dog we had but I barely remember it and have been left with no residual fear of dogs. I'm not brave or anything, just somehow it skated off me without leaving psychic damage. Probably the ADHD lmao