Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Glimmer seems like more of a bottleneck than shards these days. Especially if you're new and don't have thousands of old planetary mats to sell to Rahool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If you're new-ish or returning or just having issues with shards or have only like 1000-2000 or something I would take an hour to do the shard glitch if it actually works. its a huge QOL improvement to be able to buy all the exotics, glimmer, upgrade modules and BS and never worry about stuff. If you're casual it probably won't matter but if you've got designs to pursue destiny end game and youre sinking mats into your armor still its v nice. I think you can turn shards into most matts like cores, prisms and glimmer

I was helping a new buddy who had like 55 shards and just being able to afford xur's stuff is huge QOL

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Pirate Jet posted:

This has been topped by the Retribution mission ending with you at The Farm and then you need to go into orbit and then back to The Farm to get a call from Devrim.

This made my head explode. Incredibly low effort.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinygameanz/status/1649306982212415488?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

that’s no big deal. I do that all the time without even trying :smuggo:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

hell, :same:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Saint 14 died and nobody cares in this thread. :smith:

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

It seems clever but I feel like you just eager edge the traitor into a pit at key points, then res them before the timer is up

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Saint 14 died and nobody cares in this thread. :smith:

It's sad and I don't mean to be dismissive, but I imagine being the French VO and generally a less familiar name means it doesn't really hit the same.

Judging by the comments it sounds like he was a pretty notable French VO. :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Osiris sus

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Savathun vented

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

It's sad and I don't mean to be dismissive, but I imagine being the French VO and generally a less familiar name means it doesn't really hit the same.

Judging by the comments it sounds like he was a pretty notable French VO. :(

Yeah, RIP but this is a thread for mostly English speakers and the guy was a French VA for a character that got new lines maybe once a year.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm sad about purple punch man 14, not joking. That poo poo sucks.

E: I misread that text from the dumb bird app, but it still sucks anyway

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Xur is selling the Ikelos shotgun and S17 glaive if anyone needs to grab some for craftatizing next season.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That was fast

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1649462779118776320

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Managed to get up to ~8k shards. I think my max was something like 14k back before WQ, but a very unfortunate series of Reed's Regret acquisitions from Saint XIV devastated my reserves, and I'd never really recovered. Then that bastard gun got an origin trait (which was important) and rendered my spending irrelevant. So it goes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Can buying the craftable world drop HGL from Banshee (vendor roll, not engram opening) ever result in a deepsight drop?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you mean Marsillion-C I think that’s bugged and there’s no way to get the pattern right now

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

If you mean Marsillion-C I think that’s bugged and there’s no way to get the pattern right now

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have over 30,000 shards. How are you people not have swimming in them?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I never built up a stockpile of shards because I always upgraded gear when light level grinding because I always liked my god rolls and mod setups. I've never made it to the hard cap at anytime during Destiny 2 despite playing quite a bit.

I hope light level gets dumpstered for good, I'd rather spend my time grinding for god rolls or knocking out exotic quests. By the time I get the weekly pinnacles I rarely had any time left that week to do the poo poo I was actually interested in doing, like grand master nightfalls, master light sectors, or dungeons (let alone raids).

I've been playing since the launch of Destiny 1, it's ridiculous that Bungie expected me to keep "proving" myself with these dumb rear end light grinds that suck the fun out of the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I used to focus for weapon rolls at what, like 50 or 200 shards a pop or something wild? These days I just Don't Give A poo poo though and mostly use crafted guns or random adept drops so the shard pile has been fairly unchanged

The Upgrade Module Tax did a number on me earlier in the season though

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

I have like 400

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have 68 shards. If there's a way to farm a shitton of shards, please tell me!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Upgrade Module Tax did a number on me earlier in the season

this

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 21, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ZoK7tsSmk

Did anybody else have absolutely no clue that a champion's tendrils indicated what state they were in?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

I have 68 shards. If there's a way to farm a shitton of shards, please tell me!

you have probably played several orders of magnitude less hours than that guy

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Necrobama posted:

I tried to copy this and went like .25 all 3 of my pinnacle grind games lmao

I might have better luck switching it up to Witherhoard and my preferred Hero's Burden

That's just moco - sometimes I pop off and get top of the scoreboard, sometimes I repeatedly get murked before I can even step outside of my spawn zone.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

acumen posted:

you have probably played several orders of magnitude less hours than that guy

I'm only at like, 2500 hours. :mad:

Edit: 2,652 according to crucible.report :v:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm at 153 I guess according to that site? Which is weird cause steam has me at ~900 (swapped to PC after forsaken) and I shouldn't have much idle time

Anyway I have 300 purple crystal doodads

VVV 592 PC, 142 PS4, 479 destiny1 hell yeah

acumen fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 21, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

acumen posted:

I'm at 153 I guess according to that site? Which is weird cause steam has me at ~900 (swapped to PC after forsaken) and I shouldn't have much idle time

Anyway I have 300 purple crystal doodads

You are at 153 hours in the crucible.

Wastedondestiny.com is what you want.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
339 on Destiny 1 on Playstation, 996 on Destiny 1 on Xbox, 2640 on Destiny 2 across all platforms. :smug:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MJeff posted:

Did anybody else have absolutely no clue that a champion's tendrils indicated what state they were in?

That part was a bit mind-blowing.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah I have 42,000. I don’t know what people are spending them on

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MJeff posted:

I actually learned this from youtube comments on an otherwise unrelated Destiny video, because nothing in the loving game actually explains this.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

what they are "spending" is their one wild and precious life on earth doing things that aren't playing destiny

i have about 8k

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I bounce between many, many thousands and not many at all. Sometimes I just like focusing for silly weapons, like some Gambit guns. Like, will Borrowed Time or Trust be meta? Not likely! But I would like a nice roll of them for funsies anyway.

And at between 25-50 shards every time you can see how it adds up. Focus 20 engrams through various vendors and you've chunked away 1000 shards and probably got one good roll from it :v:

This is entirely intended by Bungie too, and I'm okay with it.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I used to focus for weapon rolls at what, like 50 or 200 shards a pop or something wild? These days I just Don't Give A poo poo though and mostly use crafted guns or random adept drops so the shard pile has been fairly unchanged

The Upgrade Module Tax did a number on me earlier in the season though

Upgrade mod tax is brutal. Glad I didn't listen to those losers who told me to toss all my planetary mats (I guess back pre-LF there was a thought that Bungie would just deleteall planetary mats at launch).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I have over 30,000 shards.

I get like, a hundred over the course of a week, and then I spend them at Xur, repeat.

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

You don't need to spend them on much any more, because you've been playing long enough to build up 42,000 of them, which means you have a commensurate amount of useful drops. But for newer players they need to spend the shards on buying gear, upgrading gear and generally doing all the poo poo you don't need to do any more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trying to do anything is such a pain in the rear end right now. They took away the Firepower/Heavy Handed combo, so Grapple melee is rear end now. Widow's Silk doesn't work with class ability stuff, so you can't use it with Reaper. Volatile Flow isn't working, so you can't use it to deal with Barriers.

God, this is loving tedious. I'm just trying to do Nightfalls, but all the poo poo I'm trying to do to fit the Surges is just broken.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Evilgm posted:

You don't need to spend them on much any more, because you've been playing long enough to build up 42,000 of them, which means you have a commensurate amount of useful drops. But for newer players they need to spend the shards on buying gear, upgrading gear and generally doing all the poo poo you don't need to do any more.

totally makes sense! I figured as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

four crucible resets later, i got my meme gun that feels like absolute poo poo to shoot

handy for champion content tho