Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Patch good, gained 900 mmr over night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Does anyone have a feel for the best time to go attack the Tormentors is? Their damage reflecting nature seems to preclude anyone from being able to solo em, but two heroes with good regen or healing could probably do it?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

can people please stop picking Axe against Medusa if you dont know how to play Axe, she can buy items with Strength and Health just fine!!!

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
won two ranked games back to back and gained 3% mmr confidence lmao

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The ogre rework seems to push him towards position 2 or 3, there goes my favorite support.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You can still play him as a support just fine, I think

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Phantom Lancer’s winrate increased by 13.07%

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Oh I'm going to, the question is how frequently am I gonna end up reported for that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nanomashoes posted:

Our numbers grow!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

The ogre rework seems to push him towards position 2 or 3, :getin:

:yeah:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe support items need to give mana instead of int.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Okay it does tell you who gets the Tormentor Shard actually, on both teams.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Nanomashoes posted:

We march!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

this is a really big patch, lot of interesting stuff in it, maybe it's worth coming back

Nanomashoes posted:

never mind

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't think there's a game I've played for the first time as many times as Dota2

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

So is this a good time to get into the game? I've been curious about it for a while.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tirranek posted:

So is this a good time to get into the game? I've been curious about it for a while.

the best time

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's both always and never a good time to get in.

Patch doesn't make it any more accessible, but at least the whole playerbase will be clueless for a few weeks. (That won't stop them from flaming you, so be fast & loose with the Mute button)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tirranek posted:

based on my own experience and the friends who i have introduced to dota, you'll know by the end of your first game whether you want to play more or never touch it again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm i think i'll reinstall and reset my mmr thingy

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think everyone's is reset currently, but I always switch over to unranked for a bit because right now all games are decided by "which team is literate"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Riki got +10% winrate because his ult just gives him free xp lol.

Other biggest winners are alch, bloodseeker, bristle, slark, sven i.e. mobile farming carries who didnt eat huge nerfs.

Biggest losers are brood, zeus, clinkz, and dusa.

Guess those reworks are pretty bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
clinkz will take time for ppl to adjust, but yeah zeus and dusa seem like they will be buffed in 7.33b

thank god brood ate poo poo though

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Support wise, chen and enchantress got better because creeps and AA, Veno, and Bane all got huge buffs.

QoP and Puck are back mid

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

axe is insanely fun in this current state of just pure chaos

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Riki got +10% winrate because his ult just gives him free xp lol.

I think I saw that he's bugged and Dust doesn't reveal him, so that might be part of it

edit; https://v.redd.it/ci68i0abe5va1 - more like Dust is bugged

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 21, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They gotta fix dust first but I figure there's no way that Riki xp bonus thing can stay in, it's buckwild if he gets going

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So, with Bloodseeker's Scepter upgrade buffed, who is the new worst Aghs wielder in the game? Sniper is pretty bad but I don't think there's anything quite as crippling as old Blood Mist around now.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Surely Centaur's is still a comical ball of garbage, yea?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Sniper Aghs was already kinda weak and the global disable nerfs definitely hurt it, but it's still a very long ranged and low CD stun. The issue isn't with the Aghs effect itself as much as it is the fact support Sniper is loving terrible, and it's not worth building on core Sniper over a carry item. It's very nice when you get it from Rosh or Alch at least.

Worst one is probably Naga Siren.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

wasn't sure about techies changes, but having stun on blast-off right away makes them way more useful in early game, not having to farm shard immediately lets you focus on mana regen, and being able to save teammates with shard instead of scepter owns

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Centaur aghs is one of the best saves in the game. It’s situational but when it’s good it’s really good

The rest of that hero is borderline unplayable unfortunately

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I like the patch but I can't help but be annoyed a lot of the worst support picks are still bad and a lot of the best ones are still good, and in some cases, even better.

Also, Brood went from 'situational cheese pick' to 33% winrate. It's weird no one thought to mess with the size or amount of webs after making the map 40% larger.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I suspect we'll see some letter patches fast; a lot of the Hero changes feel very small.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I like the patch but I can't help but be annoyed a lot of the worst support picks are still bad and a lot of the best ones are still good, and in some cases, even better.

Also, Brood went from 'situational cheese pick' to 33% winrate. It's weird no one thought to mess with the size or amount of webs after making the map 40% larger.

I’m not sure brood was a situational cheese pick before. She was one of the standard, strongest 3s in the game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My mmr has literally quadrupled so patch good

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TOOT BOOT posted:

Same, I play any role but mostly get dumped into 4/5 and a bunch of supports feel like rear end to play right now. Maybe it will get better with time as the patch gets figured out but I don't see much of a reason right now not to play some big beefy teamfight support like Jakiro, Omni or Ogre every game.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If you combine 3 greater healing lotuses with cheese you get a permanent 500 hp barrier that regens 100HP/s as long as you don't take player damage in the past 3 seconds. I guess that's what the patch notes were hinting at.

Also Oracle is bugged right now which is why his winrate tanked hard after being buffed. False Promise is apparently applying damage based on 0 armor/resist.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Still doing my recalibration, but it lifted me out of archon 3 into ancient 1. A friend of mine went from low divine to immortal. Another friend went from low ancient to high crusader, and his pain cannot be measured by any science known to man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Im still losing every game I play so functionally this patch is the same as the last 90 patches