Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Bane is a gentleman and a scholar and is right about everything on it. Anyways, my only complaint was a lack of King Shark. Other than that, it was great. Just the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Clayface's plot didn't really hit for me at all.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The best part for me was the surprise Darkseid Valentine spot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It would be extremely painful... for you

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

After watching the entire first episode of Harley Quinn that HBO Max put up for free on YouTube, I binged all three seasons last weekend and I am eagerly waiting for season 4! The Valentine's Special was certainly special :catstare:.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This being forty minutes makes me feel better about the previous season only being ten episodes long, though I kind of wish they'd just done twelve episodes instead (he said, having not yet watched the special).

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Everything to do with Bane in this show is just the best. He's my favorite character, his lines just kill me every time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

delightful posted:

Everything to do with Bane in this show is just the best. He's my favorite character, his lines just kill me every time.

Excellent username/post combo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I loved his coffee is my reckoning mug :allears:

Surprised to see riddler up and rolling since he got his head acid squished and melted way back in season one? or two.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I loved his coffee is my reckoning mug :allears:

Surprised to see riddler up and rolling since he got his head acid squished and melted way back in season one? or two.

That was Scarecrow.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Just finished the HQ Valentine's episode, yeah that was pretty great.

itry posted:

Bane's List
  1. When you have to turn up the TV for dialogue and then down for action.

god drat

e:
Also glad to hear S4 is coming up. I thought S2 was a bit meh compared to the first, but 3 brought things back up for me.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 15, 2023

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
HQ is a bit like True Detective (and, IMHO Fargo) where all seasons are good but the show really handicapped itself by having a truly transcendent S1 so merely "very good with some amazing hits and more than a few misses" feels like a massive step down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO Max has lost another comic book show with Dead Boy Detectives moving over to Netflix.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

muscles like this! posted:

HBO Max has lost another comic book show with Dead Boy Detectives moving over to Netflix.

Hopefully that bodes well for more Sandman, since they're both Neil Gaimans.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

I had to look this up because it sounded like a google-translated title for The Venture Bros. Turns out it's a Sandman spinoff so makes sense (kinda). e:fb

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Randallteal posted:

I had to look this up because it sounded like a google-translated title for The Venture Bros. Turns out it's a Sandman spinoff so makes sense (kinda). e:fb

Was also in season 2 of Doom Patrol (Dead Patrol) but I think they recast it

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

https://thedirect.com/article/arrowverse-dc-shows-regret Marc Guggenheim really salty about the legacy of the Arrowverse...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hughlander posted:

https://thedirect.com/article/arrowverse-dc-shows-regret Marc Guggenheim really salty about the legacy of the Arrowverse...

With how Crisis turned out, I'd admittedly be pretty miffed too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tldr for the article

quote:

And then there was some other stuff which basically boiled down to me lamenting that although working for DC had been creatively fulfilling, it involved a lot of adversity, challenges, and personal sacrifices — none of which seem to have accrued to any professional benefit. Simply put, the Arrowverse hasn’t led to any other gigs, so it feels — at least on a career level — that I really wasted my time

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Amazon picked up the new JJ Abrams/Matt Reeves/Bruce Timm/Ed Brubaker Batman animated show.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the netflix sandman was horrendously boring, not my cup of tea

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The third season of Superman & Lois starts this upcoming Tuesday on the CW.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Gonz posted:

The third season of Superman & Lois starts this upcoming Tuesday on the CW.

Awesome! S&L defies all CW logic by being.. good.

It will be weird and interesting to see the new Jonathan actor

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Anyone else watching Gotham Knights?

As with Titans, my husband decided to give it a go, though I had zero interest after the pilot. He's still interested, I've officially relegated it to my "yeah, whatever, I'll half-watch while folding laundry or other boring tasks" vague hate-watching.

I like the Robin character all right, but Joker's Daughter is just Alice all over again ("teehee, I'm just soooo random and crazy!") and the guy playing Bruce's son has all the emotional range of a damp paper bag. Dude playing Harvey Dent looks and acts like a dollar store knock-off of Jim Gordon from Gotham (who I loooooved).

Maybe if it ends up full off-the-rails like Gotham and Pennyworth did, I'll get on board, but for now it's like it jumped straight to mid-series Smallville... Yet worse. Meh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Harvey played by Castiel from Supernatural?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched the first episode and the show had a massive problem where none of the characters were compelling at all. Especially Turner, who you would think they would get someone who could anchor a show but he just sucks.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

I watched the first episode and the show had a massive problem where none of the characters were compelling at all. Especially Turner, who you would think they would get someone who could anchor a show but he just sucks.
I'm a few episodes in and this mostly remains true. Robin is alright, and the eager-to-please thief-brother isn't too awful. It would be okay to have blank characters if it was plot-driven, but it isn't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

Please tell me he got sloppy fat :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really can't tell if the Dick/Kory fake life thing was supposed to be a reference to the time it happened before or just extremely lazy writing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Anyone else watching Gotham Knights?
I've been watching it, and I don't mind it so far.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I like the Robin character all right, but Joker's Daughter is just Alice all over again ("teehee, I'm just soooo random and crazy!") and the guy playing Bruce's son has all the emotional range of a damp paper bag. Dude playing Harvey Dent looks and acts like a dollar store knock-off of Jim Gordon from Gotham (who I loooooved).
Joker's daughter is by far the worst part of the show, although I do enjoy the way everyone (including her) seems to assume she's automatically evil because her father was the Joker, and that's her defining characteristic. I also enjoy the extremely blatant foreshadowing of Harvey turning into Two-Face. So blatant that I suspect they'll keep teasing it forever and it's not actually going to happen.

Gaz-L posted:

Yep. And tbh that's one of the major reasons I'm still watching. Jared Padalecki wasn't enough to keep me watching Walker past episode two, but this show isn't as bad as Walker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somebody please post a screencap of fat Castiel :shobon:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Jerusalem posted:

Sadly, not fat. Have a playing card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

He's playing Harvey Dent, not Bullock i believe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh, I just assumed Bullock. Boo. Boooooo!

:smith:

Wait, isn't it a sequel/set in the "future"? Why is Harvey Dent young and unscarred?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, isn't it a sequel/set in the "future"? Why is Harvey Dent young and unscarred?
It's a different story with different characters and continuity. Batman had a son and Robin is a girl and Alfred's a woman (and she's evil). :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol that this week's Titans was basically speeding running Beast Boy through Grant Morrison's Animal Man run.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well, they played homage to that in the best possible way ever. Seriously best cameo ever being Grant Morrison themself.

Lol that this week's Titans was basically speeding running Beast Boy through Grant Morrison's Animal Man run.

Darko fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 21, 2023

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i forgot what they look like so i thought it was a lex from more shows on the CW i don't watch, like the other cameos

as someone who is very burnt out on the multiverse in cape poo poo, ehhh

in retrospect, i guess it was better than showing jim lee or whatever

e: also i never read multiversity or animal man (or the invisibles)..all things i meant to check out..but didn't alan moore come up with this poo poo first in saga with the green? the red doesn't feel all that original

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 21, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC Grant didn't explicitly call it "the Red" but they did have Buddy tapping into an energy field that connects all animals. So the idea had been around almost as long as the Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

IIRC Grant didn't explicitly call it "the Red" but they did have Buddy tapping into an energy field that connects all animals. So the idea had been around almost as long as the Green.

This just furthers my theory that all DC poo poo after alan moore is just based on things he came up with for them. See: most of geoff johns output