Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Antigravitas posted:

I have read these two posts as talking about the hosts. I hope they haven't said anything wrong about The Culture.

Nope, just good ol Tim Pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Serious talk, Dan would lose days of time if he ever found out about The Culture. I doubt he’d be too into the actual books, but as a model of a civilization and a philosophical concept he couldn’t resist.

So if for some reason we ever wanted to gently caress up the research schedule for the podcast, mail Dan a copy of The Player of Games.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Can you imagine Alex Jones not-reading the books and talking at length about the Globalist Conspiracy detailing its plans in them? Imagine how wrong he would be about everything.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think he'd get it right about 95 or 98% and anything he didn't get right he would apologize for.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Antigravitas posted:

Can you imagine Alex Jones not-reading the books and talking at length about the Globalist Conspiracy detailing its plans in them? Imagine how wrong he would be about everything.

There are so many sci fi things I want to make that garbage troll digest and summarize back to me.

I wanna see Alex’s interpretation of China Mieville. Bet you he somehow thinks it’s pro capitalism.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

The 3 possibilities assuming (and that the story is real) he'd kept it.

1) Lost in the Mt Gox rugpull.

2) Hard drive with codes dumped in landfill after he'd forgotten about them.

3) Most likely. A while later he hears "Say people are paying a buck for those bitcoins now!" and is immediately ka-ching! Makes 10k. Which TBF is the reality of what almost everyone would have done, myself included.

Unironically have to remind myself of this when I think about following bitcoin for laughs when it was between $10 and $30. I didn't buy any because I didn't trust Mt. Gox with my bank information which was probably a good idea. And that I 100% would have sold at $100 a piece and just ended up with more regret. Still stings though.

Xiahou Dun posted:

There are so many sci fi things I want to make that garbage troll digest and summarize back to me.

I wanna see Alex’s interpretation of China Mieville. Bet you he somehow thinks it’s pro capitalism.

He would have a field day about the government morphing people for human trafficking/the creepy brothel and that the brothel blackmail scheme was broadcasting it all to the world as part of their globalist pact with the devil, and then just ignore literally everything else :).

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What kind of broken individual do you have to be to listen to these idiots sit around spouting off high-deas about magic and their super psychic grandmothers and by the way it's all the trans Jewish antifa people's fault somebody should kill them. I mean god [b]drat[/i], it just makes no sense. With Coast to Coast AM stoners and truckers at 3 AM could just listen to goofy poo poo but nope Alex has to be a hateful fascist gently caress.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The OG Nazis had a lot of crazy mysticism and ancestral magic too. Also that "useless eaters" comment from Pim Tool is like a direct Nazi quote/ideology and he also had Kanye on, spouting more Nazi poo poo with probably less pushback than Jones even. :wtc:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

The OG Nazis had a lot of crazy mysticism and ancestral magic too. Also that "useless eaters" comment from Pim Tool is like a direct Nazi quote/ideology and he also had Kanye on, spouting more Nazi poo poo with probably less pushback than Jones even. :wtc:

Is the beanie hiding a swastika that the inglorious basterds carved in

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah that one was super loving bonkers to be hearing in the wild. That poo poo was being trumpeted from the bad guys and brain washing a teenager in to suicide in Man In The High Castle but here's home boy just casually saying "Yeah everyone I don't like politically is a useless eater. We should maybe do something about that. Ya'know, for the kids."

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
The conservative brain is a pre-Modern brain. Occultism is just part of their lived experience. They see intent and agency in everything (except women).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, leave the occult outta this.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

The conservative brain is a pre-Modern brain. Occultism is just part of their lived experience. They see intent and agency in everything (except women).

They think there's tons of agency and intent in women. Women are absolutely sloshing with desires and goals.

It's just they also think most of those come from the actual, literal Christian Devil.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

They think there's tons of agency and intent in women. Women are absolutely sloshing with desires and goals.

It's just they also think most of those come from the actual, literal Christian Devil.

When I say ‘occultism’, I use it in the broad anthropological sense. These people live in a vividly unseen world full of signs and portents, where it be from the Devil, Jesus, or a dead psychic granny. The world is intensely magical for the pre-Modern mind.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I guess it was too nerdy even for Jordan but "If we get human population down to 10 each of those ten people will become wizard-kings of the new world" was the villan's plot in the amazing but underseen 12 Monkeys tv series

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
In one sense, Jones isn’t really that religious. He’s constantly getting Bible stories wrong and if you let him talk for long enough it turns out that he thinks everything is just really advanced/obscure science. It’s all electromagnetism or extra dimensions.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pirate Radar posted:

In one sense, Jones isn’t really that religious. He’s constantly getting Bible stories wrong and if you let him talk for long enough it turns out that he thinks everything is just really advanced/obscure science. It’s all electromagnetism or extra dimensions.

This is most of the American far-right nowadays, though not everyone takes it in Jones' direction. Christianity is just an aesthetic choice for them because actually holding themselves up to those ideals would mean forcing white men to live a certain way, and that's what everyone else gets

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Christianity is a tribal signifier for the far right. It's a way to identify ingroups and outgroups.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
They live in a dark forest and prefer to shoot first.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Weird that Dan doesn’t really seem to know what “head of state” means. Less weird that Jordan thinks it’s the same thing as the us Secretary of State.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Weird that Dan doesn’t really seem to know what “head of state” means. Less weird that Jordan thinks it’s the same thing as the us Secretary of State.

I got the sense they were just trying to give that lady’s claim as much benefit of the doubt as humanly possible

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Snake skin jacket. He dresses like I thought he would, at least.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I saw him play at a county fair/hot air balloon festival years ago and he absolutely rocked.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/--AvCsh48bk

I thought that he would have facial hair but otherwise, yeah

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

rotinaj posted:

I got the sense they were just trying to give that lady’s claim as much benefit of the doubt as humanly possible

No but Dan literally referenced the prime minister of Panama and the chancellors office of Germany. Neither are the Heads of State in those countries, both have presidents.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

0konner posted:

No but Dan literally referenced the prime minister of Panama and the chancellors office of Germany. Neither are the Heads of State in those countries, both have presidents.

But all of those fall comfortably within "A crazy person might call this Head of State"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Devor posted:

But all of those fall comfortably within "A crazy person might call this Head of State"

Yeah, they were being extraordinarily generous about what a head of state was, imo

I hope alex has a huge meltdown over tucker on air, that would be funny for JorDan to cover

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Most important person in the world (Tucker Carlson) for axed, I bet AJ has some good words of advice to him.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Was he axed? Or did he quit? I'm seeing conflicting reports, though I'm inclined to believe he was fired simply because no other major network is going to take him and none of the minor networks like OAN that might take him could offer him nearly as much money or viewership, and he knows it. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up after this due to that.

Actually, weren't Dan and Jordan talking about some shithead podcast host recently in a similar bind? He'd gotten fired after releasing audio of a call about contract negotiations or something? Where'd that chucklefuck end up?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Devor posted:

If he knew what the term meant he would have been explicit that he was looking outside those bounds in case the doctor wasn’t being precise but he didn’t. He just didn’t know.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DJDanarchy/status/1650339443583205376?s=20

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
For some reason I was under the impression that Celine was a Siamese. Looking good regardless!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

For some reason I was under the impression that Celine was a Siamese. Looking good regardless!

If you please.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

rotinaj posted:

Yeah, they were being extraordinarily generous about what a head of state was, imo

I hope alex has a huge meltdown over tucker on air, that would be funny for JorDan to cover

Not a meltdown really. Though apparently Alex couldn’t contact tucker because he got his phone wet. Also tucker was promised if he sold out he’d be president in 2024.

(Also they weren’t generous. Just wrong.)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Not a meltdown really. Though apparently Alex couldn’t contact tucker because he got his phone wet. Also tucker was promised if he sold out he’d be president in 2024.

(Also they weren’t generous. Just wrong.)

We get it, you are very sure they were wrong

I don’t give a gently caress what hill you want to die on so badly

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Honestly I didn't really think of the granular difference between PM and President vis a vis "Head of State." I'm sure I learned it in poli sci at some point, but lol at caring about very specific titles or assuming that the quack doctor lady would know or care.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
This isn’t that kind of thread. We attack only Alex Jones, not each other.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
It's always funny when Jordan complains about Alex talking over clips. Also when Jordan complains about people fake-laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
gently caress Oliver North
But that episode was hilarious