Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Tasuni is a perv who is in to Malachai gently caress him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Devor posted:

I think a duo would have more fun if they were both ranged characters

Any recs? I'm working on a bow deadeye in conflux so just not that

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Can anyone tell me what the rewards are for the A9 feather decision (Irasha or Tasuni)? Are they the same or do they vary depending on who you choose?

if you give the feather to tasuni, your div cards have better rewards

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Irasha is easier/closer to wp but Tasuni was my div card bro for years so yeah. Also the Maraketh blind theming is pretty cool.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Foo posted:

Multiple goons itt have found mirrors. Nobody knows what nearby means

I found a mirror a couple leagues ago from a random barrel in a t1 map.

quote:

A-Always
B-Be
K-Kicking

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I could use some assistance on where to go next with my impending doom occultist:

https://pobb.in/6yyTto6HDIxQ

I just finished crafting my boots and helm which puts me over 100% spell suppression.

Considerations for next upgrades:
1) Skin of the Lords, incredibly expensive for a niche end-game item(corrupted sockets with the colors etc), but likely will be a huge throughput. I've heard of people saying to craft +int gems on chest instead, but I'm not sure the way to go about that.
2) Boots put me at 99% shock avoid, I can get a storm shroud to extend that to other ailments. I'm fine with the 99% until I want to reroll the eldritch mod to 40% to cap at 100% total.
3) Retool accessories, pick up a death rush. Re-adjust elemental/ chaos resistances to accomdate. (Mainly more zoom zoom QoL).
4) Upgrade watchers eye to have more than one more.
5) Change the cluster jewel to have a third notable.

Any other ideas?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Frank Frank posted:

Another dumb question but do you keep currency from league to league? Not sure how people get "rich" enough to afford pricey builds if that's not the case.
I bought a number of stash tabs (gems, currency, maps, those doohickies you get from frozen mob encounters etc). The map thing seems weird though because I'm almost positive the one tab I can't use is the map one but when I try to deposit map fragments I receive from corrupted encounters, it won't let me.

its bcos when u get to end game this is what about 4 hours of mapping can look like

a 15~ div day :cool:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zotix posted:

I could use some assistance on where to go next with my impending doom occultist:

https://pobb.in/6yyTto6HDIxQ

I just finished crafting my boots and helm which puts me over 100% spell suppression.

Considerations for next upgrades:
1) Skin of the Lords, incredibly expensive for a niche end-game item(corrupted sockets with the colors etc), but likely will be a huge throughput. I've heard of people saying to craft +int gems on chest instead, but I'm not sure the way to go about that.
2) Boots put me at 99% shock avoid, I can get a storm shroud to extend that to other ailments. I'm fine with the 99% until I want to reroll the eldritch mod to 40% to cap at 100% total.
3) Retool accessories, pick up a death rush. Re-adjust elemental/ chaos resistances to accomdate. (Mainly more zoom zoom QoL).
4) Upgrade watchers eye to have more than one more.
5) Change the cluster jewel to have a third notable.

Any other ideas?

There was a new unique jewel added that gives you a boost to elemental ailments in one. It's avoidance chance and not immunity.

Ancestral Vision
Viridian Jewel

Limited to: 1
+(5-10) to Dexterity
Modifiers to Chance to Suppress Spell Damage also apply to Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments at 50% of their Value

right now 16div but falling fast and I bet even faster during the weekend.

check mods of how to get the other 50% but it's a lot less than 100%

\/ \/ \/ \/ like this guy says it's 100 or nothing for avoidance.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 21, 2023

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Zotix posted:

Just keep in mind that the difference between 99% ailment avoid and 100% avoid is taking full effect from shocked/chilled ground at 99% and being completely unaffected by it at 100%. It's very worth capping.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mentat Radnor posted:

Just keep in mind that the difference between 99% ailment avoid and 100% avoid is taking full effect from shocked/chilled ground at 99% and being completely unaffected by it at 100%. It's very worth capping.

Oh I will. Probably tomorrow when I get some more liquidity in chaos than I have currently. Not too keen on converting divs to chaos and buying more eldritch orbs. I'll take care of it tomorrow.

Is the jewel above better than using stormshroud in my situation? Doesn't seem like it. Since that would only put me at 50% for non shocked. Where as if I hit 100% to shocked and the. Use a stormshroud, Imid end up having 100% to the others.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Zotix posted:

Oh I will. Probably tomorrow when I get some more liquidity in chaos than I have currently. Not too keen on converting divs to chaos and buying more eldritch orbs. I'll take care of it tomorrow.

Is the jewel above better than using stormshroud in my situation? Doesn't seem like it. Since that would only put me at 50% for non shocked. Where as if I hit 100% to shocked and the. Use a stormshroud, Imid end up having 100% to the others.

It's really up to you. I am just going by the fact that it's a lot easier to craft/get "avoid elemental ailments" than just "avoid shock"

not sure what eater/exarch can give exactly, but I never really did that type of crafting. Just know that I see avoid elements a lot more than shocked.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
If you need to raise the level of the shock mod, your best bet is to hit it with the highest tier eater orb, orb of conflict, then back to grands for whatever your Eater influence was. Assuming you already spammed grands for the shock avoid.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Personally I'm just using a stygian vise with a torment essence + an abyssal jewel with T1 avoid shock to hit 100% with stormshroud. If all you really care about on your belt is max life and some resists then it's not too bad to craft with essence spam.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yea the most dangerous place to be in this game is wherever you were standing 1s ago. Only the builds with insane defensive investment can actually afford to stand still for significant periods of time.

Unrelated, I'm having a lot of fun with this league, but my biggest gripe with the game continues to be the lack of some kind of asynchronous trade option. I get GGG feels like they'd be opening Pandora's box with anything resembling that, but it leans way more into "feels bad" territory than "weighty gameplay" imo.

This is the first league I've actually put any effort into Rog-crafting and this guy can churn out some nutty items! But moving them and actually getting any value out of it makes me feel like I have to stay logged in 24/7 to tend to my shop like a good little merchant. I'm lucky that WFH has enabled this to a degree, but it still sucks.

it also makes your hours played look completely insane if you just leave it open all day for trading lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

EVIL Gibson posted:

There was a new unique jewel added that gives you a boost to elemental ailments in one. It's avoidance chance and not immunity.

right now 16div but falling fast and I bet even faster during the weekend.

I really do have to point out that it's 1.6 div, not 16. Typically any character invested in suppression to begin with can cap with the jewel, 28% from t2 avoidance on eldritch influenced boots, 2% from anomalous grace, and 20% from a life%/avoidance wheel somewhere on the bottom right of the tree.

e: the expensive part is actually rolling avoidance on a good pair of boots with ichors and then orb of conflicting

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 21, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Reiterpallasch posted:

I really do have to point out that it's 1.6 div, not 16. Typically any character invested in suppression to begin with can cap with the jewel, 28% from t2 avoidance on eldritch influenced boots, 2% from anomalous grace, and 20% from a life%/avoidance wheel somewhere on the bottom right of the tree.

e: the expensive part is actually rolling avoidance on a good pair of boots with ichors and then orb of conflicting

yeah, the gem is 1.6d. I use PoE trends Android app and it was telling me 16 for some reason

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I take back all the trash talk on crucible. 3rd try on Redblade Banner got 2x %str nodes and no downsides

Still trying to figure out the best mods for the boom mace. Obviously %str but the consume corpses to recover hp with static strike seems fun. Also since the build works on cooldown rather than attack speed those nodes that give a big boost to crit or whatever at the cost of ASPD could be good.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I take back all the trash talk on crucible. 3rd try on Redblade Banner got 2x %str nodes and no downsides

Still trying to figure out the best mods for the boom mace. Obviously %str but the consume corpses to recover hp with static strike seems fun. Also since the build works on cooldown rather than attack speed those nodes that give a big boost to crit or whatever at the cost of ASPD could be good.

I am dumb and bad at poe and managed to smash weapon bases together for 2 hours until I got my preferred gem link, 16% quality, and 60% increased global damage. If I can do it, most can do it (probably)!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's really up to you. I am just going by the fact that it's a lot easier to craft/get "avoid elemental ailments" than just "avoid shock"

There's articles on maxroll specifically for crafting Elemental Avoidance boots: https://maxroll.gg/poe/crafting/elemental-avoidance-boots

And poison shock res boots for Stormshroud: https://maxroll.gg/poe/crafting/poison-spark-boots

Nice to see a step by step process laid out for those of us who are inexperienced with high end crafting.

I was kinda mindblown watching the crafting process for this build's gloves:

(6:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQpu9Fb4VR0&t=393s

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 21, 2023

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
:pseudo: Just recraft suffixes cannot be changed

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think I already know the answer to this, but I should probably do the 3rd labyrinth before I go after Kitava, because the impending resist hit is going to hurt (again).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Frank Frank posted:

I think I already know the answer to this, but I should probably do the 3rd labyrinth before I go after Kitava, because the impending resist hit is going to hurt (again).

Yes

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Frank Frank posted:

If you are able to, yes, it's a great idea to do it before the extra -30%

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

proper sockets

resists

life

basically all you should give a poo poo about while leveling, if your build is reasonably well constructed it should be able to cruise to maps on gem levels and a bare minimum of gear power

it makes the resist cap a lot less intimidating when you see how much you can pile on if you focus it

(and use crafting, it's cheap to slap a resist or health on an item)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Diephoon posted:

There's articles on maxroll specifically for crafting Elemental Avoidance boots: https://maxroll.gg/poe/crafting/elemental-avoidance-boots

And poison shock res boots for Stormshroud: https://maxroll.gg/poe/crafting/poison-spark-boots

Nice to see a step by step process laid out for those of us who are inexperienced with high end crafting.

I was kinda mindblown watching the crafting process for this build's gloves:

(6:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQpu9Fb4VR0&t=393s

Back in Harvest league, the harvest crafts were WAY more potent and effective than what we have now.

Anyone, for about 3ex (the divine equiv at the time), could manually craft a chest with t1 life, lots of resists, and a #% life explode mod with no chance of failure except for the initial magic->regal spam. The roll for the #% life explode was not one chance out of hundreds of mods, it was like 1 chance out of three it will hit. Then you could just reroll the wrong physical mod you got for another 1 chance out of three.

Harvest was crazy, but the sim city building was not fun

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 22, 2023

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

EVIL Gibson posted:

Harvest was crazy, but the sim city building was not fun

Still better than the Carcassone tiles of Synthesis because basically once you had an optimal garden setup you didn't care.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Good grief the first two weeks of Synthesis were the most buggy unusable nonsense. It got better, but . . .

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
It doesn't really matter if you do third Lab before or after Kitava, since the first thing you should do after Kitava is fix your resists. If you're in trade, that's very easy and cheap. If you're not, you still need to do it before you start into maps, so it doesn't make much difference.

Edit: I forgot Frank Frank is on console, where nothing is cheap. You still need to fix your resists regardless.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i do merc lab, then kitava, into starting maps with ~40-50 res all the time

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I want to double check and making sure I'm understanding these crucible mods right.

The 25% chance to deal 100% more damage with bleeds with venom gyre will stack to be 50% chance to deal 100% more damage right?

And the rolling magma 100% more area will stack multiplicatively for 4x right?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I ignored all of the capture/interrogate/whatever poo poo in act 9 because it seemed tedious as gently caress and I didn’t want to spend time learning yet another overly elaborate mini game system. Hope that wasn’t a mistake

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

I ignored all of the capture/interrogate/whatever poo poo in act 9 because it seemed tedious as gently caress and I didn’t want to spend time learning yet another overly elaborate mini game system. Hope that wasn’t a mistake

You should at the least kill them and click a button and pick up their loot. You don't need to do it right or optimally or anything but they drop items which have veiled mods. Jun can unveil them and then slightly weaker versions of those mods become available at the crafting bench. Things that might be good for you in particular are certain elemental and chaos res mods as well as dual stat mods.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Ignoring content you don't like is never a mistake

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Um...what?

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

you should just slam one of their options without thinking about it because they give a fat chunk of exp each time

you're right that the minigame is complete dogshit and honestly, there's a lot to complain about in poe because there is so much content languishing in various states of neglect and disrepair, but betrayal (this thing) is the worst of them all because it's so clearly sitting around as sunk cost fallacy in action due to all the voice acting work they paid for

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

12 rats tied together posted:

you should just slam one of their options without thinking about it because they give a fat chunk of exp each time

That’s what I did. I think it “failed” every time I tried it but I didn’t lean into it too hard.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

It grows in power as the season goes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poemdexter posted:

It grows in power as the season goes.

You should put the amulets underneath the belt.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Alright, it's not news to this thread but the totem explode build is fuckin insane. You can build it a million different ways too. PoB:

https://pobb.in/XFQJC6L5NUF1

Tbh I think going the poison route is totally unnecessary and not at all optimal. Damage is so high that poison is still gonna be one of the strongest builds of the league, but I think cold convert is just better in every way. Supposedly poison prolif on PF is better for clear but Herald of Ash alone has been more than enough for me. I'm gonna eventually get another source of explode, currently thinking Asenath's gloves since I can get full cold conversion without gloves between tree + quiver + hatred Watcher's Eye. You don't need a damage curse, or a second curse either for that matter, so enfeeble or temp chains for defense is great. Damage is totally solved with that one Crucible node. From there you just build out defenses and QoL to taste. I'm insanely fast with divine blessing haste + vaal haste, and the tankiness is gonna go over the top once I add on either Progenesis or the Bloodnotch combo.

The only small, very small complaint I would have with the build is the typical damage lag from traps. It's not instantaneous like some other builds, but it really doesn't matter since I can already take a hit in juiced T16s.

Trap spread is one of the other things you may need to flex on if you're not running Sabo with Chain Reaction or have the forbidden jewels for it. The trap spread is bad for single target UNLESS you use Divergent Cluster Traps, then it's 100% solved. But that hampers map clear a little. My plan atm is to just run regular Cluster Traps for better spread in mapping and then if I ever wanna try Pinnacles or Ubers I'll just swap for Divergent for the single target nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Empy and bazuka are playing totem explode with an aura bot using a 300 div budget yee haw