Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

DLC Inc posted:

maybe Dual Strike can be dlc for this game later on, surprised they didn't try to remake that in the package as well. Days of Ruin can uh stay where it is

Well now that they've got the engine complete it should be a lot easier to bring any of the other games onto it.

Days of Ruin was that game that pivoted hard away from the sorta plucky tone of the other Advance Wars games, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Well now that they've got the engine complete it should be a lot easier to bring any of the other games onto it.

Days of Ruin was that game that pivoted hard away from the sorta plucky tone of the other Advance Wars games, right?

days of ruin was post apocalyptic yeah. The NA localisation still managed to get some goofy comedy in there but definitely way more serious.

unfortunately the EU localisation decided to play it completely straight

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DLC Inc posted:

maybe Dual Strike can be dlc for this game later on, surprised they didn't try to remake that in the package as well. Days of Ruin can uh stay where it is

Days of Ruin owns though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Days of Ruin owns though

you'd have to package it separately either way because it's totally divorced from the other 3 games

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, did MK8's recent patch make things more difficult? Wife and I did some fun run 150cc and we were getting smoked worse than ive ever seen.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vintersorg posted:

Man, did MK8's recent patch make things more difficult? Wife and I did some fun run 150cc and we were getting smoked worse than ive ever seen.

I had that same feeling, but I dunno. I was wondering if it's because I've been playing too much No Items VS mode.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
If Wayforward wants to just create an original sequel after Dual Strike, I hope they ask Ryo Hirata to design the new characters.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

I've loved the balance patch so far. No more blue shell spam on the higher modes. 200cc is actually playable and fun now. Skill actually matters at all. It just sucks that I get bombs more often than not in 1st place.

Unless they patched it again more recently. I haven't played in a few weeks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Days of Ruin owns though

I unironically love THE BEAST

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's wild to me that nintendo used to be incredibly protective about what they allowed onto their consoles and now I can scroll a few rows down the 'current offers' section in the eShop and find a game called 'Hentai World'

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah, worth repeating, but its poo poo having to monitor that stuff as a parent.

I mean, its my job to help monitor that stuff, but I should just be able to click a No Smut button

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 21, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

wizard2 posted:

yeah, worth repeating, but its poo poo having to monitor that stuff as a parent.

I mean, its my job to help monitor that stuff, but I should just be able to click a No Smut button

I just clicked the "No eShop without login button". If they want a game and they hear about it outside the eShop I'll maybe get it, usually by just buying it on the web with my phone and have it automatically download. They don't see the eShop.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What's best practice to move a game from sd card to internal storage?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Any recommendations for someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Red & Gold on GBC and wants to get back into it? I'm considering getting Violet but wanted to know how the Pokemon games have changed since the old days. The only thing I know is that there are more Pokemon now, with more types.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Heinlein wrote Stranger in a Strange Land. Mark Twain wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, which is an isekai.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Wildtortilla posted:

What's best practice to move a game from sd card to internal storage?

There’s an option in Data Management that does just that

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Heinlein wrote Stranger in a Strange Land. Mark Twain wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, which is an isekai.

What’s an isekai?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nothing much, what's an isekai with you?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Skrill.exe posted:

What’s an isekai?

It referred to Mark Twain's steamboating days, when the measure of the depth of the water was expressed with a crewman's cry “isekai!,” meaning two fathoms, or 12 feet deep.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Weaponized Autism posted:

Any recommendations for someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Red & Gold on GBC and wants to get back into it?
Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl are competent remakes of Diamong/Pearl. That's probably a good starting point.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Skrill.exe posted:

What’s an isekai?

It's a new experimental twitch.tv channel, where an AI streams procedurally generated BoI content around the clock, finally making NorthernLion obsolete

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Skrill.exe posted:

What’s an isekai?

this isekai

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

hatty posted:

There’s an option in Data Management that does just that

Well I’ll be. Thanks.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I got a fat tax return and I'm saving most of it, but y'all know drat well I'm finally buying the MK8 expansion pass tonight. :unsmith:

You're welcome if it ends up going on sale next week! :colbert:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

DLC Inc posted:

Days of Ruin can uh stay where it is

Looper posted:

wtf days of ruin kicks rear end

Wandering the hallways of my palace, clutching my toga and wailing into the night

“My bikes Reggie! Give me back my bikes!!”

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 21, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Any recommendations for someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Red & Gold on GBC and wants to get back into it? I'm considering getting Violet but wanted to know how the Pokemon games have changed since the old days. The only thing I know is that there are more Pokemon now, with more types.

I would just get Violet. It’s still the Pokémon game you remember. But it feels like a proper console version of it. Sword/Shield were kinda underwhelming in that regard.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
https://twitter.com/vooksdotnet/status/1649244847268855808

Makes sense, it was pulled close enough to launch that the cards definitely already had been produced.

That said, :lmao:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I personally liked Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee because it felt pretty close to the originals outside of the very different wild encounters

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Everybody shut up. Picross S9 is up for preorder. Go now.

Apologies if this was already posted.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
drat, I'm way behind on my picrosses.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I can't find a better thread to ask: when will 3DS games not be downloadable anymore (I know purchases in the shop already got cut off)?

The Pirate Captain posted:

Everybody shut up. Picross S9 is up for preorder. Go now.

Apologies if this was already posted.

My partner appreciates the heads up.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

The Sean posted:

I can't find a better thread to ask: when will 3DS games not be downloadable anymore (I know purchases in the shop already got cut off)?

quote:

Even after March 27, 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy online play on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
source

So, who knows. Nintendo doesn't currently have any plans to shut it down, at least.

Hugo GirlBoss
Aug 26, 2022
I've still got my Advance Wars cart tho I only have the Micro left to play it on, this a $60 upgrade on that? I remember liking the old ones but if you asked me from back then I'd have said the world needs a proper remaster of the GBA Two Towers game that was just a streamlined Diablo asset swap set in the LOTR universe. Actually I think old me would've been right about that.

My greatest hope for this remaster is it spikes interest in speedrunning the old one and I can offload this cart for like $500

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Snake Maze posted:

source

So, who knows. Nintendo doesn't currently have any plans to shut it down, at least.

Thank you. I guess I made up that there was a sunset on downloads planned, too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hugo GirlBoss posted:

I've still got my Advance Wars cart tho I only have the Micro left to play it on, this a $60 upgrade on that? I remember liking the old ones but if you asked me from back then I'd have said the world needs a proper remaster of the GBA Two Towers game that was just a streamlined Diablo asset swap set in the LOTR universe. Actually I think old me would've been right about that.

My greatest hope for this remaster is it spikes interest in speedrunning the old one and I can offload this cart for like $500

ok

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Silver Falcon posted:

Utterly irrelevant if nobody knows what the word means. If you have to define a word every time you use it outside of a specific circle of people, you have officially stopped saving anybody any time and you are instead an incurable nerd who needs to just use words people understand. :colbert:

Counterpoint, friend: Neko (Means Cat)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Feel like the speedrunning community probably isn't the main driver of the retro gaming market. I doubt the number of people doing runs on actual hardware is very high.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"Nani the hell?!"

Paradise Killer fuckin' whips. :colbert:

Hugo GirlBoss
Aug 26, 2022
Actually my library doesn't have it which means if I request it I'm at the top of the list, that's that solved.

I'm going through my backlog of smaller, niche games and I wish I could figure out exactly what is the common factor between games you'd think would perform fine but don't. The entirety of Road 96 and the end of In Other Waters stand out the most at the moment. I suspect the answer is some middle ground between "Switch old" and "Unity"

Cattail Prophet posted:

Feel like the speedrunning community probably isn't the main driver of the retro gaming market. I doubt the number of people doing runs on actual hardware is very high.

It's a joking hope, I'm actually of the opinion that the headline grabbing spikes in value are all 100% astroturfed and actually trying to sell to a buyer at that price is subjecting yourself to some kind of scam.

Hardware or not is pretty game dependent, sometimes it gets its own category and people can be weird about it being the same hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I doubt Advance Wars is a rare cart, in order for the price to go up legitimately (and not just from scammers buying and selling the same carts to each other) there needs to be high demand for a low printing. Like the Fire Emblem game with Ike or the special preorder version of Fire Emblem Fates that has all three games. Lots of Fire Emblem, actually.