Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

How kind of PM to break their own game to give them an excuse to give us even more apology sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

e: so for some reason fixing translation errors, gregor's portrait, and e.g.o gift event dupes fundamentally broke the entire game, :lobcorp:

I’m just happy to see radium’s still getting work. Load bearing translation errors. :allears:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

I’m just happy to see radium’s still getting work. Load bearing translation errors. :allears:

Speaking of load bearing, somebody has purported to get a Ryoshu's Bistro near-solo... of the entire Refraction Railway... sub 120. Absolute cannibal carry.

https://twitter.com/KanmeiS2/status/1649054694827003905

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Terrifying.

Also: changing your language will circumvent the bugs for the moment. I'm going to be playing in Korean for the next while I guess

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Terrifying.

Also: changing your language will circumvent the bugs for the moment. I'm going to be playing in Korean for the next while I guess

oh gos it really is a load bearing localization error

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

oh gos it really is a load bearing localization error

eat your hamburgers dante

or else

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Load-bearing Localization Errors: Project Moon Megathread

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thankfully I can use my Japanese knowledge and my "playing FGO in Japanese without a clue what it says" knowledge to circumvent this issue :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Behold, the spaghetti code.

(credit to Bihapove on the PM community Discord)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

Behold, the spaghetti code.

(credit to Bihapove on the PM community Discord)

are

please tell me that's a text-localization problem, and not that they're getting the coin modifiers from the text itself cause that regexparser is scaring me. why check for regular expresions insomething that should be variables/class

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

are

please tell me that's a text-localization problem, and not that they're getting the coin modifiers from the text itself cause that regexparser is scaring me. why check for regular expresions insomething that should be variables/class
I do believe that's what's happening, and is what's causing the error that softlocks the game when you use the skill with this effect.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

watchedclock posted:

Looks like it’s Yi Sang on the s2 battle pass. Any idea what abnormality the ego will be from? I think those green things might be umbrellas, so maybe the fox from the mirror dungeons?

Umbrellas also bring to mind Black Swan, if they're sticking with the classic abno theme

are

I know nothing about programming but the skill descriptions being the coin rng seems like some next level coding

in a world minus 1 sense

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 21, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
All this talk about the upcoming stuff on the roadmap and no one mentioned that chapter 4.5 is The Magic Hell Bus: Strange Seas Ahead! Embark on a Pelagic Journey! All Hands on Deck to Remodel the Bus!

They are leaning into the Magic School bus meme and chapter 5 is about Ishmael.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

I do believe that's what's happening, and is what's causing the error that softlocks the game when you use the skill with this effect.

im going to distort

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

GilliamYaeger posted:

:lobcorp:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Can confirm playing in Japanese seems to have no issues? Haven't done Spicy yet though.

Also they seem to have added new backgrounds for abnormalities, Pink Shoes now it's filled with pink ribbons (and also seems... easier?)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Can confirm playing in Japanese seems to have no issues? Haven't done Spicy yet though.

Also they seem to have added new backgrounds for abnormalities, Pink Shoes now it's filled with pink ribbons (and also seems... easier?)

Pink Shoes was always easy. Blitz down the big guy on turn 1 so you don't have to deal with his big moves then just auto your way to victory.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So what's the deal with the kernel-level anti-cheat? Have they actually implemented it? There were some mixed messages itt and I'm gonna just stick to mobile for now.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Octatonic posted:

So what's the deal with the kernel-level anti-cheat? Have they actually implemented it? There were some mixed messages itt and I'm gonna just stick to mobile for now.

They haven't apparently, there's no mention of it on the User Agreement, it doesn't pop up on install and Task Manager shows no BattleEye process.

And given Destiny 2, which uses it, has it on the User Agreement and it pops up on install (which made me not install Destiny 2) it means there's no Battle Eye yet. No notice about that though, they could be waiting to implement it or dropped it after bad reactions in Korea.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Issue is apparently fixed, no compensation

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

LostRook posted:

All this talk about the upcoming stuff on the roadmap and no one mentioned that chapter 4.5 is The Magic Hell Bus: Strange Seas Ahead! Embark on a Pelagic Journey! All Hands on Deck to Remodel the Bus!

They are leaning into the Magic School bus meme and chapter 5 is about Ishmael.

This game has two mood. It's either tragic with long chapter describing the character backstory or it's just complete chaos withouth any restrain from the character.

I love it.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Since the LCD exists, I wonder if Iori got her funding after all, or if someone else is heading that up. Assuming it’s the former, must be awkward if she and Vergilus ever bump into each other at the office.

Yinlock posted:

Umbrellas also bring to mind Black Swan, if they're sticking with the classic abno theme

Black Swan would be cool; that would give us our first WAW ego

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kangmy96/status/1647869191633133568

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

:psyduck:

:lobcorp::lobcorp::lobcorp:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess... it makes it easy to visualize changes? That's kinda what you'd use something like json for, though.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

watchedclock posted:

Black Swan would be cool; that would give us our first WAW ego

Not necessarily- Ebony Queen’s Apple is a WAW (albeit nerfed by Qliphoth Deterrence) but the only EGO we’ve got of its is HE grade. And even in LobCorp some EGO didn’t have the same risk class as the abnormality.

Plus, we have three different 4th Match Flames in Limbus alone - a TETH and two HEs.

I would like to see what they do with WAW and ALEPH egos in Limbus myself as well, of course, but there’s a certain level of expectation management to be had

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/theredmists/status/1649186823111884804

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if he actually killed her out of necessity it would be a big downgrade to the strength of his theme imo

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if he actually killed her out of necessity it would be a big downgrade to the strength of his theme imo
Being a Distortion doesn't necessarily mean you have to be dangerous to other people. If his mother was a perfectly harmless Distortion and he still killed her...

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

Being a Distortion doesn't necessarily mean you have to be dangerous to other people. If his mother was a perfectly harmless Distortion and he still killed her...

It's also very possible that this was not really an in-character Meursault quote: All of the lines spoken in that context from the character trailers are iconic direct quotes from the source literature, and not necessarily reflective of in-game events 1:1.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Would it? Mersault killing his Distorted mom out of necessity would just be a PM twist on the novel Mersault's mom dying, which he had nothing to do with. The dead mom thing mostly matters for how weird his reaction to it is, and that can function in both instances.

The Absurd Murder bit came later on.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

It's also very possible that this was not really an in-character Meursault quote: All of the lines spoken in that context from the character trailers are iconic direct quotes from the source literature, and not necessarily reflective of in-game events 1:1.

That one is different though, in the novel it's "Today Mother died"

It could have been to dodge copyright issues though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
This is not a direct quote:
https://twitter.com/theredmists/status/1649351982618951681?s=20

The iconic first sentence in The Stranger is "Mother died today". Meursalt doesn't kill his mother in the book, although the first few chapters are about him sort of emotionlessly going through the motions at her funeral.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also that exception post gave me PTSD from work from when I discovered someone set up coordinates with lots of decimals as strings which lead to conversion issues and being unable to convert them properly in different language locales.

I can't wait for the bug that turns a 27.5% boost into a 275% one but only in Japanese.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Since we are in the speculation space, I'm pretty sure all Identities of the Sinner (except the base one) are dead. Shi association fall the same way they did in LoR; WCorp is probably going to die since they replace Rose crew; 7Section get booked in the library; LCB executive get murdered by N Corp; N corp get murdered by the sinner and so on and so forth. They are either booked by the Library or killed by their version of Limbus Company. The only reason that the base Sinner aren't currently dead is because of Dante, who is their saviour. Think about it, there is twelve Sinner and Dante is their manager.

Dante is basically Jesus Christ. He brought them salvation by being... there I guess? I don't know. He doesn't seem very wise at time, even though his decision turn out to lead his team to victory... Huh...

SECOND THEORY: The only reason the base Sinner are capable of getting the Golden Thingy is because Dante and the team are so loving idiotic that it works.
Canto1: Lost it because they followed the plan to a T.
Canto 2: They said gently caress it and got it. (Yes, Yuri the straight gave it to them but it's probably because they are such moron that they convinced him)
Canto 3: They had even less of a plan and got the Brought, even though everyone was on the bring of dying.

Conclusion, they only get the Brought by having stupid idea and being themselve. As Faust famously once said: "I ought to become a Faust that believe in uncertainty. When the lack of plan become the plan, all variable become constant."
Rodion even add on this: "A winning gambler create their own momentum and rides it. Fuhu"

LCorp will get all the Brought by leaving this bunch of chaotic mess do whatever they want!

TL;DR:

https://twitter.com/xclkx_/status/1647214514994307072/photo/1

Dante is Jesus Christ and the reason they get the Brought is because they are loving stupid and somehow win. I'm such a loving genius.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm having an aneurysm

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've spent all of my banked 15000 lunacy on solely the event banner and the three 000s I got are not at all related, what the hell :negative:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Pigbuster posted:

I've spent all of my banked 15000 lunacy on solely the event banner and the three 000s I got are not at all related, what the hell :negative:

welcome to gacha, the true hell dante faces.

also god the grinding is real, even with Ryoshu+Lifetime Stew it's gonna take 26 more runs to clear the even. Runs that only give exp tickets as rewards. And if you wanna do dailies for boxes you have only 4 modules per day, meaning only 2 runs a day without losing modules.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I got real lucky I think. Did 4 10 pulls: first one was uneventful, second got lifetime stew, third was junk, and 4th I pulled chef Ryoshu twice. With a bonus G Corp Gregor too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

welcome to gacha, the true hell dante faces.

also god the grinding is real, even with Ryoshu+Lifetime Stew it's gonna take 26 more runs to clear the even. Runs that only give exp tickets as rewards. And if you wanna do dailies for boxes you have only 4 modules per day, meaning only 2 runs a day without losing modules.

On the upside, you get more nommable shardboxes alone for clearing out the plushies exchange than you'd get for spending the same amount of modules on Mirror Dungeons, and that's before the 24-modules refund, the non-nommable boxes, the thread, the pull tickets, etc. So yeah, it's a grind, but while it lasts it's the most efficient available grind by an insurmountable marigin.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 21, 2023