Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

G14 was fine the 1st time around but I haven't been able to sit through it again without getting bored. KotM was a mess but I had a good time. Godzilla vs. Kong was dope but had a lot of distractingly hokey vfx shots.

What I'm saying is Shin Godzilla is best Godzilla and it's not even close.

Shin Godzilla loving rules.

Also Skull Island is dumb as hell and I loved every stupid minute of it.

I know I saw KOTM and GvK but I don't remember much of either besides giant monsters fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The best thing about Godzilla vs King Kong was everyone getting surprisingly heated debating who would win.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Godzilla is PlayStation and King Kong is Xbox

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Not even King Kong is as big as a first gen xbox.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The beefhead guy from letterkenny organises the military parachute mission so godzilla 2014 is perfect. Not solely for this but a big part

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
The best Godzilla movie of the 21st century is the KOTM trailer.
The worst one is KOTM.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

joylessdivision posted:

Shin Godzilla loving rules.

By a very wide margin the best godzilla movie

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

precision posted:

By a very wide margin the best godzilla movie

It definitely will always be the best besides the original or/and the top three if ones just as good somehow come out in the future, though I have a massive soft spot for Godzilla vs. Destoroyah which Shin Godzilla does borrow some beats from. I love that movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why hasn't there been Shin Godzilla 2, anyway

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

precision posted:

They already called it Shin Godzilla.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Shin Godzilla is very good but gets a bit long in the tail between the middle and the climax IMO. 1954 Godzilla is basically a perfect film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Because Anno is busy with doing the same thing with other properties.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

ALFbrot posted:

The best Godzilla movie of the 21st century is the KOTM trailer.
The worst one is KOTM.

KOTM is filled with awesome looking shots that seem designed precisely for a kick rear end trailer. I love the overhead shot of Rodan and the wake of destruction.

Best bit of the movie by far is the fighter pilot ejecting but he falls straight into Rodan's mouth lmao

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

precision posted:

I have a feeling a Shin Godzilla 2 would resemble Aliens than a traditional Godzilla movie, based off the hints at the tail end of the film.

(pun intended)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

KOTM is filled with awesome looking shots that seem designed precisely for a kick rear end trailer. I love the overhead shot of Rodan and the wake of destruction.

Best bit of the movie by far is the fighter pilot ejecting but he falls straight into Rodan's mouth lmao

Say what you want about the Monsterverse but they definitely manage some kickass visuals. The Godzilla 2014 trailer with the HALO jump comes to mind.

Also some of the discourse about 2014 was lol, like some poster picking up on a blatantly obvious framing theme of the movie and calling it a 'mistake they keep making'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1649445130812661761?t=YTpGYSupbZjGC11PqosfIQ&s=19

The game is about a guy in a windowless submarine exploring an extraterrestrial ocean, and the only methods he knows what is going on outside are a display showing environmental measurements, sonar, and a camera that takes way too long to process its images.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

I have a feeling a Shin Godzilla 2 would resemble Aliens than a traditional Godzilla movie, based off the hints at the tail end of the film.

(pun intended)

So it would be even more kick rear end than the first?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1649445130812661761?t=YTpGYSupbZjGC11PqosfIQ&s=19

The game is about a guy in a windowless submarine exploring an extraterrestrial ocean, and the only methods he knows what is going on outside are a display showing environmental measurements, sonar, and a camera that takes way too long to process its images.

I can see this being made as a super scary low budget film.

Can Markiplier pull it off? I dunno, I admit I pretty much only know him from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCEcWmxrRKU

I do know he has made other projects though. So I won't dismiss him out of hand.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Young Freud posted:

(pun intended)

That wouldn't even be out of place I mentioned how Shin Godzilla borrows some stuff from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah's plot but see 34m15s they already have smartguns and smaller creatures and stuff lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74Qo-Cno9E

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Shin Godzilla...gets a bit long in the tail

:hmmyes:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

The neat part is that the creator of the game, David Szymanski (most known for DUSK), is also involved with the project. With Andrew Hulshult (behind the music for both a ton of indie shooters and the Doom Eternal DLC) is making the soundtrack.
Which is frankly a wild combination all in all.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

I can see this being made as a super scary low budget film.

Can Markiplier pull it off? I dunno, I admit I pretty much only know him from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCEcWmxrRKU

I do know he has made other projects though. So I won't dismiss him out of hand.

His choose-your-own-adventure science fiction epic last year was practically a feature-length film, given how much content was filmed for it.

But yeah, seeing that, he can handle a set, cast & crew, editing, and a lot of the same things a film director would face. Everything there is basically the quality of a low-budget DTV release.

https://youtu.be/j64oZLF443g

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

muscles like this! posted:

Because Anno is busy with doing the same thing with other properties.

He wrote Shin Ultraman and directed Shin Kamen Rider. In America, Ultraman already got a one-night Fathom Events thing, Kamen Rider’s is coming up on May 31st.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cooked Auto posted:

The neat part is that the creator of the game, David Szymanski (most known for DUSK), is also involved with the project. With Andrew Hulshult (behind the music for both a ton of indie shooters and the Doom Eternal DLC) is making the soundtrack.
Which is frankly a wild combination all in all.

Not really sure about Markiplier, really don't know much about him, but those two being involved makes the project a lot more interesting. At the very least seems like it will have a great soundtrack.

But yeah good idea for low budget indie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched Renfield and it is a fun, albeit slight, movie. The over the top action is fun but the story has some dips as well as a big (scene missing) issue where the main characters are running from the bad guys and it just cuts to Awkwafina waking up in a new location.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He wrote Shin Ultraman and directed Shin Kamen Rider. In America, Ultraman already got a one-night Fathom Events thing, Kamen Rider’s is coming up on May 31st.

I pray that he's at least considering Shin Super Sentai.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Vandar posted:

I pray that he's at least considering Shin Super Sentai.

Zordons looking for five teens who don't have PTSD.

Yet.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/any_open_eye/status/1649406311979786240?t=z-rJ_Iak-z5Ca54FnV8Ycg&s=19

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Craig is a legitimately talented actor who was clearly having so much fun whenever he wasn't playing Bond that it makes me sad he spent so much time making movies that turned out to be not very good, overall.

See also that interview where he was asked if a woman should play James Bond and he was like, "no, nobody should play james bond"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
James Bond is fuckin’ DEAD. I watched him get blown up into a million pieces by surface to surface missiles. That should be the last 007 movie.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Gonz posted:

James Bond is fuckin’ DEAD. I watched him get blown up into a million pieces by surface to surface missiles. That should be the last 007 movie.

"This never happened to the other fellow."

But, yeah, I agree. No more Bond. Only Zardoz.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
All glory to the Zardozverse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/worldofreel/status/1649545474343354369?t=-bXCKKizgyX4ZH6a6QJCwQ&s=19

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Never thought I'd say this but this is too much loving dracula.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
And Chloe Zhao just doesn't seem like she has the sensibility to make a good horror movie

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You’d think Pattinson would be hesitant to play another vampire

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I say, Vampires as social outcasts! What a novel idea, it's high time someone plowed this creative field.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The headline says he's STARRING in Dracula, not that he's going to PLAY Dracula. :smug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

When are they going to make a movie about that one variety of vampire that only sucks blood out of your feet, so the only way to defeat it is for two people to sleep in the same sleeping bag but pointed in opposite directions so that when the vampire tries to suck feet they discover a head so when they go to the other end of the bag they discover another head and they have a divide by zero error thinking the person in the sleeping bag has heads at either end and no feet and dies. Tarantino would love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean if I could follow in the career footsteps of Christopher Lee I would.