Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

refs want to go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

maybe the oilers just shouldn't loving suck rear end despite having a generational talent on their roster and like six other top three picks

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me of last year when Artturi Lehkonen ended the Oilers season and they spent 10 minutes going over angles to see if there was a high stick involved. It just really ruins the excitement either way.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just don’t see how you overturn off any of the angles the broadcast had. I’m still not sure and I don’t care who wins

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
That's fine. Even if it was a high stick I don't care

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the kings are really bad and will get steamrolled by whoever they play next. the oilers just loving suck

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The Oilers are back baby

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm just glad Will Ferrel is happy.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

really bad is an exaggeration but they're not particularly good

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oilers are beating themselves. Props to the Kings for taking advantage but this is 75% self inflicted.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
mcdavid is soft and now the kings know it, series over. byeeee

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
More angles of Nurse being a loving dumbass lmao

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

That's the weirdest review I ever saw. Like 6 players touch the puck after that maybe possibly high stick moment. What are you gonna do, watch the whole game back?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I never complain about the refs but that call on nuge is awful after all the poo poo that was going on

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Definitely tapped the stick. If you see this video, the puck kinda spins on the stick for .75 seconds. But then it drops back down hits the Oilers on the back. So does that put the puck back into play?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I never complain about the refs but that call on nuge is awful after all the poo poo that was going on
He broke the stick and stopped a scoring opportunity.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maybe if he just knocks the stick out of his hands, but when the result is a broken stick in front of everyone, that's pretty close to puck over the glass for an automatic call regardless of "letting them play".

Jadus
Sep 11, 2003

triple sulk posted:

maybe the oilers just shouldn't loving suck rear end despite having a generational talent on their roster and like six other top three picks

Propaganda Hour posted:

More angles of Nurse being a loving dumbass lmao

Maybe confirmation bias, but every time I see the Oilers lose in OT, it seems to be Nurse's fault.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Maybe if he just knocks the stick out of his hands, but when the result is a broken stick in front of everyone, that's pretty close to puck over the glass for an automatic call regardless of "letting them play".

I get that and again I don't like complaining about the refs but they did a really bad job in this game oberall and let all kinds of poo poo go the last 10 minutes of the third and through overtime on both sides.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I mean, they have to call a broken stick like that, but that’s the issue with game management is that you let a dozen things slide and then you arbitrarily have that “judgement” taken away for certain infractions

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

I mean, they have to call a broken stick like that, but that’s the issue with game management is that you let a dozen things slide and then you arbitrarily have that “judgement” taken away for certain infractions

Ya this is what I mean. It's a penalty in a vacuum but not after that game the way they reffed it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr. Kite posted:

Definitely tapped the stick. If you see this video, the puck kinda spins on the stick for .75 seconds. But then it drops back down hits the Oilers on the back. So does that put the puck back into play?

The puck just touching Ekholm doesn't count as possession, so the play should have been blown dead. However, the refs have to make the call based on video replays shown on tablets at the timekeeper's bench, so pulling out a single frame is pretty much impossible.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
trying to remember why I don't like darnell nurse, did he do something goony against the avs last year?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I don't hate Darnell Nurse, I think we should all aspire to be him ie. massively overpaid for the work we do because we're somebody's friend.

Well, as long as he isn't on any team I cheer for, that is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving deadly

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It'd be cool if vgk scored first this game.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

lmao at doing a flyover of a closed roof arena

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Well that was quick

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

lmao at doing a flyover of a closed roof arena

That was Batmans plane, downtown Winnipeg is basically Gotham

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress em up jets 👊🏻

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

It'd be cool if vgk scored first this game.

:)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m assuming everyone thought that Howden was gonna get that puck

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Scheifele with the gloved punch after the whistle