Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Oneiros posted:

i comm dps that beat the tank/healer. it's very far from a sure thing

especially in dungeons because SGE and WHM can deal some serious aoe damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Oneiros posted:

in this case it was a savage raiding static that had been having issues with beating enrage, iirc. the fact that this could be seen as violating the t&c/coc just goes to show how loving garbage they are

as if banning people for running ui qol mods that are then subsequently implemented in the game wasn't clue enough

Eh. Nah. If you sign up for that bar by joining a static then there's an argument that the static can stop inviting you - they don't have to specify why (in game). But I like that there's no justification for bringing that BS into roulettes.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I feel that if you are in a static setting and there's something up with your rotation, you have to be willing to take the criticism and at least try to improve, because otherwise you are wasting people's time. The only way to do that is to check logs, and seeing how their DPS stacks against other DPS for the same job. If you are a little bit behind the curve that's not usually a problem, especially in savage, but if you are struggling against a particular dps check/enrage and it doesn't seem to be getting better, burying your head in the sand because it's technically against TOS to check logs and telling people that they need to pull their weight is not a viable option.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Tamba posted:

especially in dungeons because SGE and WHM can deal some serious aoe damage

all the healers can really. sage benefits from shitloads of paired mit and regen and ogcd heals but any healer can be cranking out 20k+ deeps in exdr mob pulls

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I'm beating the tank on the enmity list that's a tank problem, not a mark of good dps. Use more than body aggro when wallpulling.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

You can get suspended for this poo poo btw. (Going through the log to tell em how to play) It would boil down to telling others how to play their job pretty much. Dont think enough people know about it so they have this weird fear of getting yelled at like its wow in duties that stops them from trying poo poo out

the only time its passable is if you very friendly and kindly remind the tank to put the enemity on if they forget

This sounds more like a savage group with someone actually looking through logs. Those kind of conversations probably happen over discord. And honestly if you’re upset that the “leader” of your static is looking through your logs you should probably find a different static. Savage isn’t EX roulette and getting a PF tank that doesn’t know how to shirk in P7S is a big wtf moment. The SAM in this scenario was probably not doing great dps, which prompts someone to look at why.

Like I have a “casual” group that has done P7S but isn’t going to bother with P8S until after it gets echo, because they know we’re not beating enrage. I don’t need to look at logs to know why and I’ve long accepted that our healers just aren’t going to keep their GCDs rolling.

Like if it isn’t Extremes or Savages I don’t really care, but I will silently judge the gently caress out of people that are noticeably bad in level 90 dungeons. Like the tank that melts on every trash pack or the NIN that runs away with the stack marker.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I kinda feel that Abyssos was a struggle for healers, especially healers in groups that had tanks that didn't understand that there are compelling reasons to both CD and invuln a tank buster sometimes, since Abyssos was the "almost every TB has bleed" tier. I remember talking with another tank and him not realising that the TBs in P8SP2 didn't bleed, cause he was so used to having bleed effects on every single other TB in the tier.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Tekopo posted:

I feel that if you are in a static setting and there's something up with your rotation, you have to be willing to take the criticism and at least try to improve, because otherwise you are wasting people's time. The only way to do that is to check logs, and seeing how their DPS stacks against other DPS for the same job. If you are a little bit behind the curve that's not usually a problem, especially in savage, but if you are struggling against a particular dps check/enrage and it doesn't seem to be getting better, burying your head in the sand because it's technically against TOS to check logs and telling people that they need to pull their weight is not a viable option.

people wonder why the "three wipes = disband" standard exists or why no one (with any experience) joins the "no salt" pf listings but it's entirely because antisocial assholes who think they're entitled to waste everyone else's time hide behind the rules that say that you're not allowed to criticize their dogshit performance

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Tekopo posted:

I kinda feel that Abyssos was a struggle for healers, especially healers in groups that had tanks that didn't understand that there are compelling reasons to both CD and invuln a tank buster sometimes, since Abyssos was the "almost every TB has bleed" tier. I remember talking with another tank and him not realising that the TBs in P8SP2 didn't bleed, cause he was so used to having bleed effects on every single other TB in the tier.

i've healed the entirety of abyssos and the real issue is people who can't find their loving mitigation buttons

and no, tbn is not mitigation

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Oneiros posted:

i've healed the entirety of abyssos and the real issue is people who can't find their loving mitigation buttons

and no, tbn is not mitigation
Yeah that's what I said :v:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i've also run into plenty of healers who play chicken with the raidwide bleeds and whoops, everyone is dead!

i grossly overshield with gcds and that still gets me blue dps parses lmao

and also half the overheal of my cohealers because the whm will never let my regens work

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 22, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man, the Abyssos bleeds were super spicy as hell as a tank. Having to burn a mit along with an invuln so that I didn't get full force bleeds was something, I tell you. Praise my static healers for putting up with that bullshit.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Man, the Abyssos bleeds were super spicy as hell as a tank. Having to burn a mit along with an invuln so that I didn't get full force bleeds was something, I tell you. Praise my static healers for putting up with that bullshit.

as a healer, they're legit not that bad assuming the tank actually hits their mits

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i'm still burning addersgall on nothing to avoid overcapping in fuckin' p8sp2

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

tanks got way too comfortable just ignoring/trivializing what is supposed to be a significant threat

short of ramping up tb frequency to sophia levels this was pretty much the only way to make them relevant again

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oneiros posted:

as a healer, they're legit not that bad assuming the tank actually hits their mits

Yeah, it was actually a pretty cool raid wing because I really had to plan my mit rotation out properly so that I didn't get caught with my pants down and die by like 500 hp in p8sp2.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

there's one tb in p8sp1 and another in p8sp2 where you're gonna want to make sure you hit your mits early on the previous so they're back up in time or milk your invuln for all it's worth

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The worst thing is I haven't done any Abyssos in months because I got BIS ages ago so I probably don't remember any of the timings by now, not to mention the whole PLD rework.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think I only had to have a strict mit rotation in P8SP2 in the tier, for the other floors as long as I had one of my mits up (either the 30% or rampart) along with my BW (for WAR), it was fine to more or less wing it, especially in P6S where it's unclear most of the time how many TBs you are actually going to take.

When I tanked UCOB though I had a strict mit rotation that I 100% stuck to or I would die once I got to Bahamut phase.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

when i first ran healer in p8sp1 the only mechanic i had people go down to unavoidable damage was centaur1. now i push out so much mit and shields that i can literally solo it with no/little other mit and it barely effects my ability to handle later mechs

similarly in p2 it was just making sure everyone catches heals during natural allignment(s). during high concepts i'm just pumping out gcd heals/shields because why the gently caress not. and yet if i'm not healing i'll regularly be standing in my loving tower for ages and not recieve a single loving heal and die

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

actually thinking back on it i don't think i've ever hosed up a high concept while healing. actually having to do something keeps me from completely checking out

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

If I'm beating the tank on the enmity list that's a tank problem, not a mark of good dps. Use more than body aggro when wallpulling.

whenever i get emerald in tdr my mission is to take the p2 opening tankbuster as dps

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sentient Data posted:

As funny as it may seem, this is exactly the kind of post that stops self conscious casuals from playing in goon groups

Naw I don't even know what that post means. I just slam my buttons whenever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Not even the most self-conscious person will feel about the kinda callout when it proves that the other guy is an excel spreadsheet maker

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lmao at the sexual assault person. Christ almighty

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you press a button and it makes the border around another button light up, press that next and you will be an expert by the standards of expert roulette

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I don't use third party tools to work out dps, just work everything out using an abacus, so when I call out random people in Leveling roulette for their bad dps, it's not against TOS.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I simply read the combat log and do the math in real time

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I watch when each player land their attacks and measure how many pixels are removed from the boss health bar when they do.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just use my Gamer Eye

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah but did you see how short her skirt was?!

This is an offensively inappropriate comparison. You're talking about being self conscious about videogame damage charts.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah but did you see how short her skirt was?!

oh my god

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I might look at the threat meters and wonder why the melee DPS is lower than ranged, but I've also been that DPS cause I'm awful at DRG. That doesn't matter so much.

It just stands out when people are seemingly not trying, like not even doing combos despite the buttons glowing, or yeah staying dead or resetting in alliance raids when the fight is ongoing. Strikes me as inconsiderate, even if there may be some extenuating circumstance I'm not aware of.

I don't use parsers personally because that stuff actually ticks me off, but I do understand why it's useful in like high end content. Specifically, I don't like how it became like defacto required in other mmos because the devs end up balancing fights around certain common add-ons, not that players use them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

are you seriously trying to say that getting your dogshit rotation made fun of is the same as sexual harassment

This loving website rules lmao

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You know what's worse than the person who's half-assing a dungeon so much that they aren't even reliably doing a 1-2 combo?

The person that gets morally offended when people call that out as lovely behavior.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm absolutely not lumping people with performance anxiety in with this style of person but I absolutely loathe individuals who just think that they don't HAVE to even attempt to try and that it's everyone elses responsibility to drag their rear end thru queued content.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have performance anxiety in any fight with an active time event because my old keyboard used to suck too much to get past seat of sacrifice and i have yet to internalize that my new keyboard can properly key mash

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
I judge people that don't do savage/extremes because they're afraid of being judged way harder than I do people that just kinda suck at the game. I've cleared a bunch of fights with absolutely atrocious players (because my monitor was off, and I'm signing my own posts) and y'know what ultimately I'm way too occupied paying attention to my own rotation or alternatively the netflix window on the other monitor to give a poo poo about whatever the hell it is you're doing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Any mechanic involving numbers makes my brain short circuit. Some are simple enough that it's fine, like the EX Ruby 1-8 mechanic in the second phase, some confuse the heck out of me for some reason, like EX Diamond's 1-8 mechanic where he shoots a lazer at every one, and some just absolutely loving baffle me, like the 1-4 + shapes and colors mechanic in Savage Omega. I don't know why but I find those kinds of mechanics so much harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I don't do savage/extreme because I am incapable of not judging myself.