Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rokudou is starting to lose me after ep 2 but Edomae Elf is still great. that is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Ah yes, I see who this show is for now

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1649397292200329217

This movie is gonna rule so much I'm gonna wonder if it's even legal for a movie to be this good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
lost interest in 'The Hero is already dead'
gag series have to be really on top of their game for me nowadays

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's the same jokes repackaged over and over. For some people "Lol your change of clothes is a bikini" is the height of comedy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

It's the same jokes repackaged over and over. For some people "Lol your change of clothes is a bikini" is the height of comedy.

Who is to say they are wrong?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's just boring, imo. I prefer my fantasy comedy in the vein of D&D murderhobos.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Who is to say they are wrong?

A subjective analysis we each have a duty to carefully consider after an exhaustive review of the facts

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1649397292200329217

This movie is gonna rule so much I'm gonna wonder if it's even legal for a movie to be this good.

hell yeah! thank you for outsourcing some of the work so your next movie didn't take 10 years to make, on-gaku guy (unless you just got extremely good at rotoscoping everything by yourself). i should probably catch up on movies that take place in the world of the real because i hadn't heard of drive my car until this tweet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Birdie Wing :stonklol:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

First ep of Beauty and the Beast King is out and it's following the manga pretty well for right now. Cy and Clops are still extremely adorable and we'll see one of the best girls in the series next.

Just saw this one last night. Looks decent enough, so I'll see where the plotline goes.

Meanwhile, "Too Cute Crisis" continues to be (if not the best animated) a silly enough story for me to keep watching.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
u149 was crazy good this week

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

Birdie Wing :stonklol:

Birdie is over the top in all the right ways and I love it. It’s amazing.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Birdie Wing continues to be the most Birdie Wing of shows. I never knew I needed a golf clan soap opera in my life until now.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
dramatic rainy rooftop confrontations ftw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I cackled madly when Amuro stated he'd win the Athens tour with an RX shaft Birdie Wing is the most Birdie Wing thing ever

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

so i only read like the first couple chapters of oshi no ko and didn't stick with it

just watched the first episode and boy did i have the wrong idea about what it was

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

birdie wing is fuckin crazy and i love it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Birdie Wing and Witch From Mercury need to be in the same Super Robot Wars game

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jesus christ Mashle is rrally swinging for the fences.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Birdie Birdie so much everyone

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
starting Otaku Elf 01

the character designs are kind of nostalgic from early 2000

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Picked up Birdie Wing for the three episode test and after just one I'm sold. This is the most batshit anime anime I've watched in years, I love it.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

pointlessone posted:

Picked up Birdie Wing for the three episode test and after just one I'm sold. This is the most batshit anime anime I've watched in years, I love it.

It'll get to be a little less crazy for a few episodes, seemingly just "golf high school", but rest assured, the crazy is back at full strength now on Cour 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people say that but the golf high school still features multiple insane lesbians, expies from kakegurui, a lady who can control her ball by saying IN DA ZONE in english outloud, and the line 'ill kill you in golf.' idk why people think those eps are bland.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
also like half of them have nen powers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah the school arc was great it was just a different type of crazy. Channeling old school sports anime craziness

Plus also Golf New Types

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a transitory arc with lower stakes and the new powers are cool but don't get to be shown off, so I think some cooling of enthusiasm is normal.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also people think the twist and wild plot is the crazy part of Birdie Wing when the actually real wild and innovative part is the fact Eve is the lead character of the series. On the surface she should be the main season ending villain in every other sports anime but here she's our main character and the show doesn't soften her at all. In fact the show had her win out and beat characters that would of been typical leads in the doubles tournament

She very much feels like an action movie lead instead of a sports anime lead and the show is very much better for it. Show would 100% be not as good if everything was the same but if Aoi was our lead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also people think the twist and wild plot is the crazy part of Birdie Wing when the actually real wild and innovative part is the fact Eve is the lead character of the series. On the surface she should be the main season ending villain in every other sports anime but here she's our main character and the show doesn't soften her at all. In fact the show had her win out and beat characters that would of been typical leads in the doubles tournament

She very much feels like an action movie lead instead of a sports anime lead and the show is very much better for it. Show would 100% be not as good if everything was the same but if Aoi was our lead

So you're saying Birdie Wing is the secret Teppu adaptation.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Birdie Wing's greatest failing is that it's about golf, which severely undermines it at the points when it calms the gently caress down and approximates being a normal sports anime.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Between Jigokuraku and Tengoku Daimakyo this has been a banner week for fans of fish with arms.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I did find it mildly amusing that they made it a point for Aoi to use a 48 inch driver right around when the USGA and R&A were shortening the maximum length to 46 inches for pro and elite amateur competition.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haystack posted:

Birdie Wing's greatest failing is that it's about golf, which severely undermines it at the points when it calms the gently caress down and approximates being a normal sports anime.

Even then you still had Eve being Eve and the payoff at the end here.

Also anime golf owns.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Waffleman_ posted:

So you're saying Birdie Wing is the secret Teppu adaptation.
:hmmyes:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I don't know anything about golf, but some years ago when I was in Japan for work the guy picking me up had a little TV in his car where he watched golf and would mime swings (while driving) so I appreciate that it's a matter of life and death.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"Otaku Elf" remains a simple pleasure, and having done the occasional late night run to 7-11 for a snack I can understand Elba's happiness. Next week we get to meet the second elf in the titles. Maybe they're related?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i still don't know if magical destroyers is good or bad but the phrase 'cringemobile' has been stuck in my head all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

i still don't know if magical destroyers is good or bad but the phrase 'cringemobile' has been stuck in my head all day

i think i'm with you - i love parts of it and hate other parts, the second episode had more of the weird creative poo poo i enjoy about the show and the third episode had more of the attempts at low-brow humor that just fall totally flat for me.

also, look up itasha for a fun time

pouring one out for cringemobile driver guy