Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

hmm don't like this totem shaman i've been running into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Bless you, Pure Paladin. Finally got a 12 Wins In A Row achievement, rocketing up most of Platinum. Pretty drat good to almost be at Diamond without having any starter stars ( haven’t played Ranked in years)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Somehow I have it stuck in my head that games should be short, ie between 8-10 minutes and when they aren't or look like they aren't I get mad and quit. Anyone else? I just played a Druid who played that card that has you draw two cards every turn. Eventually I would have beaten the druid but it would have taken at least 20 minutes and I just am not up for games that long. I dunno, gonna have to change my framing I guess.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Color Printer posted:

What drives me nuts about this deck is that it always feels like they somehow got 100% perfect draw order every single drat time.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

What drives me nuts about this deck is that it always feels like they somehow got 100% perfect draw order every single drat time.

I played a few games of it today. Can confirm.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mayveena posted:

Somehow I have it stuck in my head that games should be short, ie between 8-10 minutes and when they aren't or look like they aren't I get mad and quit. Anyone else? I just played a Druid who played that card that has you draw two cards every turn. Eventually I would have beaten the druid but it would have taken at least 20 minutes and I just am not up for games that long. I dunno, gonna have to change my framing I guess.

It depends what decks are being played. Even if you play a fast deck, depending on the matchup your opponent playing a slow deck will draw things out a bit. If both players are playing slow control decks 30-40 mins for a match is not uncommon

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Color Printer posted:

Dunno why; Playing it I just watched a Blood DK clear the board for SIX consecutive turns. That’s six turns of filling the board with a Bloodlust in hand, and six turns of one or two card deleting everything. Shaman is not the issue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Totem Shaman is probably one of the best decks to climb ladder with. It’s pretty broadly powerful. It’s just weak vs DK.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Lord Bude posted:

Totem Shaman is probably one of the best decks to climb ladder with. It’s pretty broadly powerful. It’s just weak vs DK.

Whole lot of DKs out there though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Why does dk get a board wipe on a body jfc

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

kater posted:

Why does dk get a board wipe on a body jfc

Body AND resources.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

The Lord Bude posted:

Dunno what backwards ladder you’re in, but I haven’t played a single game that wasn’t Blood DK or Control Priest trying to farm Blood DK in days.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Dunno what backwards ladder you’re in, but I haven’t played a single game that wasn’t Blood DK or Control Priest trying to farm Blood DK in days.

You’re either spectacularly unlucky or experiencing that trick of memory people often get where adverse events stand out more so your mind tricks you into thinking they happen more often than they do. Or you’re just engaging in Hyperbole.

DK decks in total are 28% of the ladder overall; 36% of D1 to 4 and 31% of legend matches. Blood DKs account for about half of all DKs, the rest being frost and unholy (frost is more powerful than blood though).

Control priest is about 5% outside of top legend (where it’s much lower) it’s also unfavoured vs just about everything especially DKs. Undead priest sees less play than control priest but it’s actually good vs DK.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

The Lord Bude posted:

You’re either spectacularly unlucky or experiencing that trick of memory people often get where adverse events stand out more so your mind tricks you into thinking they happen more often than they do. Or you’re just engaging in Hyperbole.

DK decks in total are 28% of the ladder overall; 36% of D1 to 4 and 31% of legend matches. Blood DKs account for about half of all DKs, the rest being frost and unholy (frost is more powerful than blood though).

Control priest is about 5% outside of top legend (where it’s much lower) it’s also unfavoured vs just about everything especially DKs. Undead priest sees less play than control priest but it’s actually good vs DK.

You're right, I had a couple of Pure Paladin, and a singular (literally, one) totem Shaman that misfired. But other than that, no, genuinely, Blood DK as far as the eye can see.

HS players love that durdly lifesteal. (And I genuinely didn't know there even WAS an Unholy DK, might as well be a Unicorn option)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Shockeh posted:

You're right, I had a couple of Pure Paladin, and a singular (literally, one) totem Shaman that misfired. But other than that, no, genuinely, Blood DK as far as the eye can see.

HS players love that durdly lifesteal. (And I genuinely didn't know there even WAS an Unholy DK, might as well be a Unicorn option)

Unholy is the black sheep for sure. The deck has potential but it’s taking longer to optimise.

I also think that totem shaman is Better vs blood DK than the current stats suggest. The original list VS posted had a weird murloc package with clownfish which has been dropped in favour of bloodlust and ancestral knowledge and IMO that makes the deck much better vs blood. I’ve been able to do pretty well vs blood DK with my totem shaman.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Shockeh posted:

I don't like playing against Blood DK either, but if that was the only other thing on ladder I would switch to Tony Druid or Undead Priest and climb.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’ve taken totem shaman on a win streak from diamond 10 to 5 today. I’ve won all my matches vs blood DK.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if you want free pack drops today and tomorrow (and I guess to watch the top 8 players play the meta decks over and over) then hop over to Twitch at 1 eastern noon
https://twitch.tv/playhearthstone

e: woops miscalculated, it starts at noon

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 22, 2023

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Currently farming Mech Mages with my Pure Paladin deck. What streamer thought this deck was a good idea?

The deck

### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Funkfin
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (4) Jitterbug
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Lightray
#
AAECAZ3DAwSG4gSh4gSElgWFpQUN658EyaAE4tMEv+IE8u0Eq5MFgZYFg5YFwMQFwcQFysQFuscFtZ4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
it really depends what bracket you're in, but dk is all over ranked. unfort. it worse as you climb, quick snapshot of just the last day in americas region:

it's gotten better only slightly, with dk dropping off by a few points but it's still dkstone (except at the lowest and highest ranks). ymmv depending on where you play, but safe to say, it's still dkstone until they figure out a way to unfuck the other decks or take a big bat to dk. to me, the bs with dks is the same as the brain damage and frustration with control priest, just wrapped up in a slightly different package. basically this:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Yeah until yesterday that's all I was running into, and then three games in a row this AM with Mech Mage. I don't see how that deck is good against DK?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's funny how much I can feel the blood dk fall off within 24 hrs of the VS report. DKs I'm facing are overwhelmingly frost aggro now lmao

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was able to climb back to diamond 5 months after not getting there with the Relic DH deck. That photographer card is so fun to create chaotic bullshit to end games.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

LIneups and deck discussion for the Spring Championship from ESSports GG. A few surprises in there :)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Totem shaman seems much better vs DK than the VS repot suggests. I suspect their data is skewed by people playing the bad version of the deck with the clownfish they initially theorycrafted. I don’t mind facing DKs at all.

I’m also seeing them much less than the data would suggest for some reason.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2023

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What’s the good totem deck list?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What’s the good totem deck list?

This is the one VS posted:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/bloodlust-totem-shaman/

AAECAaoIBLHZBLbcBPSgBcKeBg36tATgtQSywQSG1ASq2QTy3QS95QS27QS88ASVqgXBngbmngbXogYAAA==

but I’m actually playing the deck that someone posted in this thread a few days ago; which is identical except the party favor totem is cut to make room for Jive Insect.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I'm back in Standard for a bit, enjoying it a lot more than the MotLK meta. I think UiS and Alterac rotating out helped a lot.

My main complaint is that the decks I like to play don't do well against blood or frost DK, and there are a lot of them. Most of my non-DK matches are pretty fun though. I had to try Overload Shaman since my son opened a signature Inzah for me, and it's probably not Tier 1, but fun and competitive. I managed to live the dream and get a board of 7 Ragnaroses to finish off a DK once.

### Overloadnaros
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Azsharan Scroll
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Overdraft
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 2x (3) Jazz Bass
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Prescience
# 2x (5) Altered Chord
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Inzah
# 1x (5) JIVE, INSECT!
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 2x (7) Pack the House
# 2x (8) Criminal Lineup
#
AAECAejwBATptgTbuQTI0AWy0QUN+Z8E/Z8E4LUEvLYExs4EmdsEq+0EhqEFncUFvtAFr9EFv54G5p4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

The Lord Bude posted:

This is the one VS posted:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/bloodlust-totem-shaman/

AAECAaoIBLHZBLbcBPSgBcKeBg36tATgtQSywQSG1ASq2QTy3QS95QS27QS88ASVqgXBngbmngbXogYAAA==

but I’m actually playing the deck that someone posted in this thread a few days ago; which is identical except the party favor totem is cut to make room for Jive Insect.
Ironically after the disagreement on Blood DK - that was my list. :)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Ironically after the disagreement on Blood DK - that was my list. :)

Well it does pretty god drat well in general so go out there and harvest them.

Edit: tried undead priest last night and I definitely like that deck too. If most of your matches are blood DKs it would do really well. So far just playing the ‘burn’ list not the swarm list.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm enjoying board flood shadow priest but it kind of struggles with blood dk

Hopefully now that everyone is moving away from blood to frost with the VS report it can pick up some more wins

Losing voidtouched attendant sucks rear end tho

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Meta is rear end, druid is fun tho

More people should be playing rogue, that deck is unbeatable

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

What Druid are you playing?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Control Priest mirrors are very weird when both players are running 2x Whirlpool(and can get more)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What's the menagerie Rogue deck VS talked about in their podcast?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

What Druid are you playing?

Tony Druid, the only one that’s any good

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Firebert posted:

I suppose if you’re in the legend bracket and facing mostly DKs it is. Personally I’m really happy when I queue into a Tony druid because it’s a free win

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Firebert posted:

Meta is rear end, druid is fun tho

More people should be playing rogue, that deck is unbeatable

doing god's work i see. more dks to put into the ground (until all the priest players come out again).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firebert posted:

What list? There are a bunch of variations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
### tonee
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 1x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Free Spirit
# 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Attorney-at-Maw
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (7) Underking
# 1x (7) Zok Fogsnout
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 2x (8) Mish-Mash Mosher
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAZICBq6fBKbvBL6YBeKkBc3QBargBQzanwSuwATB3wSN7wS8mAXuowXWxgX83wX93wWK4AWR4AWp4AUAAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Crushes FFF DK, feels like 80-20 matchup (the players might also be bad, it is mega FOTM in diamond/low legend ranks), good vs. BBB, Unholy matchup is really bad though - you pretty much need a big Anub, 2x Underking, Zok turn to stabilize. Rogue matchup abysmal. People were also playing a healing lifesteal heavy deck in diamond 1 ranks to counter the aggro decks and this farms that deck super hard obviously.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 23, 2023