Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, absolutely liking BotW on this second chance I gave it. Did the main quest stuff and got the camera, wiki and upgraded sensor. And I reached the book for the DLC horse stuff, which on one hand, for the horse brides reins it gave a good hint but the saddle says it's on the Horse Lord Fountain, which I know exists but have no clue where to find it... I also found a Zelda photo by myself, albeit not gone there yet.

There are some things that annoy me, having to either teleport to a stable to get your horse or having to trot on foot, how expensive individual arrows are and how few they drop, and having upgraded my stamina cause every enemy but boboklins feels like it kills me in 2 hits. But I'm still enjoying it! It's a great action adventure open world instead of the action adventure puzzle the other entries are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

If you're having health issues experiment with some food (or just look up the OP combos).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
engage is the best fire emblem

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Postman posted:

If you're having health issues experiment with some food (or just look up the OP combos).

Are there any clear food recipes in game? I did find someone who told me 2 ingredients for one. It's mostly I'm trying to not look up stuff besides what I know from osmosis.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh wow I didn't even realize what Pixel Remaster was, exactly. I didn't realize they remade the whole game from the ground up. Kind of a weird project, is this the first time something has been given a retro-remaking like this? The rearranged music is insane

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Looper posted:

engage is the best fire emblem

This is true, I feel like people are sleeping on it because of the character designs

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

There's usually a recipe poster in the stables. I always forget I can take pictures of them with the slate. If you drop eggs in a hot spring they'll hard boil.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
In AW Reboot the combat background scenes change dynamically to incorporate nearby tiles. Fighting on a woods tile next to a city will show city in the background, etc. Fuckin win

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

hatty posted:

This is true, I feel like people are sleeping on it because of the character designs

Which is why I’m wondering to get it or Advance Wars as a birthday gift to myself…

Arguably leaning Engage, but I’ve heard more positive things being said about AW atm since it just came out.

Octopath 2 is the dark-horse option.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Octopath 2 by miles, having played all of them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

Octopath 2 by miles, having played all of them.

But is it worth replaying? I'm dropping a voucher for it, and I traded in Octopath 1, so I figured 2 would be a similar great game to experience and then trade back for something else.

I'm seeing now that it's not an option for a voucher though so it's not even on the list of possible games unless I just buy it digitally, which wasn't my initial plan for it. Pity though. I am looking forward to getting to it though!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely liking BotW on this second chance I gave it. Did the main quest stuff and got the camera, wiki and upgraded sensor. And I reached the book for the DLC horse stuff, which on one hand, for the horse brides reins it gave a good hint but the saddle says it's on the Horse Lord Fountain, which I know exists but have no clue where to find it... I also found a Zelda photo by myself, albeit not gone there yet.

There are some things that annoy me, having to either teleport to a stable to get your horse or having to trot on foot, how expensive individual arrows are and how few they drop, and having upgraded my stamina cause every enemy but boboklins feels like it kills me in 2 hits. But I'm still enjoying it! It's a great action adventure open world instead of the action adventure puzzle the other entries are.

This is thankfully something that they graciously let you pay to fix. Somewhere in the DLC is a thing to fix that

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Len posted:

This is thankfully something that they graciously let you pay to fix. Somewhere in the DLC is a thing to fix that

Yeah, the DLC stuff I mention in the above paragrph :v: it's a bit annoying still until I get that (and I think I'll need a new horse still since Epona is fixed saddle?)

Also horses feel a bit bad to turn and seem like they go "1 step at the time", "2 step" and "full speed ahead" respectively.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Which is why I’m wondering to get it or Advance Wars as a birthday gift to myself…

My birthday is on Tears' release date so I dont even get this option :unsmith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah, the DLC stuff I mention in the above paragrph :v: it's a bit annoying still until I get that (and I think I'll need a new horse still since Epona is fixed saddle?)

Also horses feel a bit bad to turn and seem like they go "1 step at the time", "2 step" and "full speed ahead" respectively.

i honestly couldn't remember which part of the dlc it was to know if it was the reins or not

hopefully they fix the pathing in the new one because the horse is supposed to follow the road but on more than one occasion i had it just randomly decide to not

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

precision posted:

Oh wow I didn't even realize what Pixel Remaster was, exactly. I didn't realize they remade the whole game from the ground up.
It's not even the first time they've remade Final Fantasy. There's at least four remakes (WS/DoS, Origins, 25th Anniversary, Pixel Remaster) depending on whether you consider the WonderSwan/GBA separate or not.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Small White Dragon posted:

Upgraded to an OLED. Any recommendations for a good case to carry it in (inside my backpack) along with a bunch of games?

tomtoc: https://www.amazon.com/tomtoc-Ninte...177&sr=8-3&th=1

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Acula posted:

My birthday is on Tears' release date so I dont even get this option :unsmith:

Nice! I still had a spare voucher which went to that.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Advance wars on switch is good. Please spend money and time on it. Thank you.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i have neither so i will respectfully decline. i will play kirby since i havent finished that yet

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Once again pokemon has ruined my life

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Geo Fixer posted:

Advance wars on switch is good. Please spend money and time on it. Thank you.

Maybe if enough people buy it they'll patch in decent online support....

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's not even the first time they've remade Final Fantasy. There's at least four remakes (WS/DoS, Origins, 25th Anniversary, Pixel Remaster) depending on whether you consider the WonderSwan/GBA separate or not.

Indeed. Yeah I've played, I think, all of them now lol

All the little tiny tweaks add up to an amazing whole and the new pixel font rules. And, it can't be overstated, at least in 4, the music is off the drat chain. Every tune is solid gold and literally better than most movie scores.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mainwaring posted:

Maybe if enough people buy it they'll patch in decent online support....

Lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm personally blown away by 3. Actually fun, unlike the DS remake which was sluggish. And I can freely switch jobs!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The game gates how many arrows you can have. Or at least, it tries very hard to limit how many you can get. In any case, you can get free arrows west of Kakariko village. Take the road west out of the village that heads to Sahasra slope. There Bokoblins with bows (Bowkoblins if you will). Get aggro from them and then run in circles. They will shoot arrows that you can conveniently pick up.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Indeed. Yeah I've played, I think, all of them now lol

All the little tiny tweaks add up to an amazing whole and the new pixel font rules. And, it can't be overstated, at least in 4, the music is off the drat chain. Every tune is solid gold and literally better than most movie scores.

Oh man you are in for a treat with FF6.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

precision posted:

The music is by far the best part of the remasters. They went WAY above and beyond what they needed to here.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dont know i like the sfc music better lol

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One question about Advance Wars Remastered; Does the enemy AI still lust for APC's?

In my experience they still do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just doing the last boss fight of Prime and tbh this playthrough has kind of skewed perception of this game a bit. The entire endgame is absolutely loathsome. Basically everything up until the last upgrade is excellent and everything after that is pretty much the worst thing I have experienced in a game in years. I sort of hate the game atm (not really. but atm very much so).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vandar posted:

The music is by far the best part of the remasters. They went WAY above and beyond what they needed to here.

Before I tried it, I thought the price was a bit high. Now I think it's just right. The lower price for 1 and 2 is appropriate but sub 20 for this level of effort is actually fine

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That said, they really need to drop dragon quest builders price, at least the first one. And they're never on sale ):

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
metroid prime is flawless from front to back

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I'm in the hospital and finally get to use the Switch in tabletop mode.

God's perfect console.

I was in the hospital for five days in 2020 and playing BOTW and a few other games was the only thing that kept me sane being in a hospital in the middle of a pandemic

veni veni veni posted:

The music in the most recent TOTK trailer is off the charts.

:hmmyes:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

veni veni veni posted:

The music in the most recent TOTK trailer is off the charts.

I am both anticipating and dreading when the OST CD box set eventually gets released, the BotW one came out 5 years ago (about a year after the game) and the 5-disc deluxe edition was about $80 shipped from Japan. I shudder to imagine what a similar set would cost in this 2023 hellscape world. Gonna have to start saving.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This tracks

https://twitter.com/anne_theriault/status/1649951819076861954?s=46&t=EdcrR5gNtvGhprFQKf8Bmg

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Advance Wars 1+2 trip report

- Oh that's nice, I'm being asked if I've played an Advance Wars already - yup, sure have!
- "Great! Well just think of this unskippable tutorial as a refresher!"

:ughh:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Expert trolling by WayForward. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Commander Keene posted:

Expert trolling by WayForward. :newlol:

it's to stop people from saying "yes i have" when really they haven't and then they go online and say THIS GAME IS TRASH but it's because they opted to skip the tutorial