Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Does anyone know what ilvl spine bow is needed to get the div sale one, or the explody totem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

an iksar marauder posted:

no, there were other things. it's just a discord (that you can't join), it's not that important.

that's fine, I lost complete interest knowing yall still harbored that sort of behavior. best of luck

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Stux posted:

its bcos when u get to end game this is what about 4 hours of mapping can look like

a 15~ div day :cool:

I use affinity tabs now and its bougie but a tidy stash feels so good man

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Best thing about sending everything to affinity is how rarely you need to sort your prime dump tab

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I've been trying the Wandering Path map sustain plus exarch altar strat and I've just learned for the first time that you can only fit 72 of one map into the map tab. :shepface: Into the quad tab they go!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Christ doing the final labyrinth for the first time was way too tense for a Saturday morning

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i died to traps on my first uber lab this league. real shameful stuff. had to bring a 2nd life flask and take the flask charge pantheon on my 2nd try.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My angriest Uber lab was when somehow izaro or something killed me right as he died. Dear God, I had such a bad build*

*This is all my builds

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Vanadium posted:

I've been trying the Wandering Path map sustain plus exarch altar strat and I've just learned for the first time that you can only fit 72 of one map into the map tab. :shepface: Into the quad tab they go!

Where do I read more about this?
My most fun last league was doing a wandering path build

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

LeninVS posted:

I'm also curious - I know Harvest pairs well with Wandering Path, but what other league mechanics do? I kinda want to double the "atlas hat" map modifier nodes and see how nutty pack size can get

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Deli mirrors can be insane

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

To those that have done more with the furnaces, how hard exactly is getting an exact node on an unique that can't be chanced? After getting a crucible tree on one, can it be combined further through furnaces?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

NPR Journalizard posted:

Does anyone know what ilvl spine bow is needed to get the div sale one, or the explody totem?

I don't think anyone outside GGG knows for certain - we can extrapolate based on what item level things with those nodes have on the trade site, but the datamined list of nodes doesn't include item level. actually yes it does, just mouse over the 'i' in poedb's weapon passives list

On the trade site the lowest divine orb rare for sale is level 69, so probably 68+ (edit: it's 68, 78 for 3 orbs)

600% totem splode is on items as low as level 1, but it's a very popular node so it's possible you can put nodes on lower levelled items (edit: 600% totem explode is min level 60)

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 22, 2023

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I saw the totem explode mod when I was in the first few acts, so the threshold is very low, if not 1.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

poemdexter posted:

It grows in power as the season goes.

Howdy! I'm the sheriff of loot spam.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
ilvl requirements for all the crucible nodes are on poedb

low tier explode (200% one hand, 400% two hand) needs ilvl 4, iirc the higher tier needs 60 so can be used at level 48

it’s pretty easy to bulk farm a bunch of low level bows by making new characters then check their trees in ossuary in act 10

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Howdy! I'm the sheriff of loot spam.

This is what I’m basing it on but can’t find the original so I’m going off memory

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I'm also curious - I know Harvest pairs well with Wandering Path, but what other league mechanics do? I kinda want to double the "atlas hat" map modifier nodes and see how nutty pack size can get

The only other strat I'm particularly aware of that uses wandering path is vaal temple twist of fate spam, where you mostly use it to get more vaal lock boxes + chance to reuse lockboxes.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Anyone have an explode totem build that works in Ruthless? The one I’ve seen use Pathfinder ascendancy.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I farmed most of my currency in sanctum on a wandering path+deli+harvest tree that looked something like this as the core points. Swap the blue altar nodes for red if you prefer red, they are interchangeable.

Harvest and deli are definitely the 2 best mechanics to go with wandering path. They both have some really good small nodes - chance for deli rewards to give deli orbs and chance for harvest T3 plants. In sanctum the juice color exclusion nodes were good because yellow lifeforce was so much more valuable than the other 2, but this league the prices are a lot closer so I don't see a need to include them. The rest of the points you can throw around as you please. You could fill out the rest of the deli small nodes, or add more map sustain nodes if you really want to go hog wild on excess maps. I messed around a lot last league trying to find a third mechanic to throw in but nothing particularly felt great. The remaining mechanics tend to have really good notables that feel bad to not have. Feel free to experiment with the remaining points.

Spend all but 1 of your favorites on one map, and 1 favorite on an adjacent map. Delirium is particularly map sensitive in that you want a long narrow map for more splinters, like strand. Doing this on strand can pull 50-100 splinters a map if you can clear it. Wandering path top hat with deli on a map like strand will definitely require a certified Good Build™ to clear though. With growing hordes and wandering path top hat, your maps are going to have 50-60% pack size without even trying to roll for pack size, it makes maps that normally have lovely density like strand feel great to play.

What I really liked about this strategy was that it doesn't require much setup to run, and it doesn't require much trading to liquidate the loot you get. Bulk buy lovely rusted scarabs, sell all the lifeforce for divines, sell your excess maps for divines, spend blue juice rerolling lovely deli orbs. If you hit scarabs, div cards, currency, or maps, stop and pile those up then sell them for divines. Dump tab all the cluster jewels and lower the price over time, you will be surprised at some of the random ones people buy. If you want, you can add in a kirac mod or sextants. Personally I find buying deli and harvest sextants super annoying, especially this league as a few content creators have been promoting the harvest sextants. They are rare sextant rolls so it is hard to get them in bulk. I was rolling 72 maps at a time and if my map didn't spawn the mechanics oh well zoom to the end and go next map, no problem.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
So I took subtractems fire trap build in a different direction and 6 linked frostblink, got a crucible node with reduced cooldown on travel skills, reduceded travel skills cd implicit on boots, etc

Frostblink now does 6m ignite dps and kills pretty much everything instantly, except tanky rares and bosses, for which I still have fire trap.

Considering switching to Bronns Lithe which gives +5 levels to movement skills and 100% more damage from travel skills, which would double the dps.

Feeling pretty tanky as long as I frost blink 3 times a second. Thinking about doing that wandering path atlas tree as well, considering the denser the packs the safer I am.

Anyways, got baited, made the best of it, havin fun

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

J posted:

I farmed most of my currency in sanctum on a wandering path+deli+harvest tree that looked something like this as the core points. Swap the blue altar nodes for red if you prefer red, they are interchangeable.

Harvest and deli are definitely the 2 best mechanics to go with wandering path. They both have some really good small nodes - chance for deli rewards to give deli orbs and chance for harvest T3 plants. In sanctum the juice color exclusion nodes were good because yellow lifeforce was so much more valuable than the other 2, but this league the prices are a lot closer so I don't see a need to include them. The rest of the points you can throw around as you please. You could fill out the rest of the deli small nodes, or add more map sustain nodes if you really want to go hog wild on excess maps. I messed around a lot last league trying to find a third mechanic to throw in but nothing particularly felt great. The remaining mechanics tend to have really good notables that feel bad to not have. Feel free to experiment with the remaining points.

Spend all but 1 of your favorites on one map, and 1 favorite on an adjacent map. Delirium is particularly map sensitive in that you want a long narrow map for more splinters, like strand. Doing this on strand can pull 50-100 splinters a map if you can clear it. Wandering path top hat with deli on a map like strand will definitely require a certified Good Build™ to clear though. With growing hordes and wandering path top hat, your maps are going to have 50-60% pack size without even trying to roll for pack size, it makes maps that normally have lovely density like strand feel great to play.

What I really liked about this strategy was that it doesn't require much setup to run, and it doesn't require much trading to liquidate the loot you get. Bulk buy lovely rusted scarabs, sell all the lifeforce for divines, sell your excess maps for divines, spend blue juice rerolling lovely deli orbs. If you hit scarabs, div cards, currency, or maps, stop and pile those up then sell them for divines. Dump tab all the cluster jewels and lower the price over time, you will be surprised at some of the random ones people buy. If you want, you can add in a kirac mod or sextants. Personally I find buying deli and harvest sextants super annoying, especially this league as a few content creators have been promoting the harvest sextants. They are rare sextant rolls so it is hard to get them in bulk. I was rolling 72 maps at a time and if my map didn't spawn the mechanics oh well zoom to the end and go next map, no problem.

Would you say this is a solid 5D an hour low investment strat? I have my MF guy up and going, and I don't think farming Grand Design Exarch is abusing his quant/rarity bonus like it should.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

i do normally but i wanted to quick scan one tab in exilence to see a rough count of what i made

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
If you're running wandering path, I think you really want to run 8 mod corrupted maps. And those are very dangerous. Keep that in mind.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
How are you guys setting up skills?

Here's what I got so far:

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

DangerDongs posted:

Would you say this is a solid 5D an hour low investment strat? I have my MF guy up and going, and I don't think farming Grand Design Exarch is abusing his quant/rarity bonus like it should.

What MF build are you doing?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I'm looking for some build advice. I'm running Palsteron's Pathfinder Toxic Rain Ballista build, and I'm trying to figure out what I should do next.
Here's my PoB: https://pobb.in/LtjMIlPcKdRX PoB has a bug I guess where it doesn't calculate flasks right? Or I'm not configuring it correctly, but it correctly calculates my flask effect modifier at 60%, and then it multiplies 50% lightning resistance by 1.6 and gives me 65% lightning res. It's 80. I get 80 in game so it's capped there, so I added a custom thing to PoB to fix it.

I'm not totally loving the build. I can currently clear juiced T16s OK, and kill fully charged crucibles..OK. I die a lot though (not every map or anything, but I'm never going to level past 95 without paying for 5ways or whatever.) I do love the fact that all my utility flasks are permanently on though.

I'm wondering if I should keep investing into this build. My main concern is that I bought empower, swapped off of lifetap and crafted -mana cost onto both my rings, and tried to run around spending 20 mana to cast summon ballista with a mana pool of 80 and holy gently caress it was miserable. It worked, mainly because quillrain has +mana on hit so I could just hold down ensaring arrow to fill my mana bar if I needed to, but man it was not fun to play. With empower 3 the DPS difference between it and lifetap is basically 0, so I swapped back to lifetap and it's fine. But all the improvements to the build from here revolve around swapping to empower.

What I think I would need to do to make it feel good is drop bloodgrip and get an amulet that I could put -mana cost on (probably a +1 or +2 skill amulet with crafted -mana cost) and then get veiled modifiers on the rings so I'm at like -20+ mana instead of -12. At least be able to crap out all 6 ballista without going OOM and I guess it'd be ok.

I think it's probably ~15 divine to get it all done including finishing my bow, maybe more but not a ton more.

I have 15 divines if I bulk sell crap, but should I just swap to something else? I really want a more defensive build so would it be better to just farm up and put my money in a pile and try to swap to poison SRS or something involving a champion? I've quit the other 2 leagues I played by this point, so I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do after the league starter part, but I do want a stronger build and to try to finish more challenges and stuff.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

scourge arrow ballista PF seems really nutty this league with vengeant cascade so that is an option, there's a forum dude with a good guide, he was doing deli mirror wandering path T16s and stuff earlier in the league, i was following him to see if i wanted to roll it, i still might:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

There's also poison artillery ballista which should dot cap with your current gear and 15div.

J
Jun 10, 2001

DangerDongs posted:

I wouldn't really recommend it for an MF character, wandering strand with the top hat and delirium makes the maps way, way more difficult. You'd have to have a really big MF character to clear that and if you had that I would recommend some other strategy around farming a map that has a premium div card drop instead of the good deli maps like strand.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I know that a league has me in its grasp when I multimod an item.

After hitting the wall playing Rain of Arrows I rolled a new toon for RF Inq and I just got a significantly improved Scepter online and omg things are great.

Also, shout out to Rog. :respek: Because I didn't play Expedition, I didn't know how powerful he could be. I was annoyed with trying to determine how best to replace my rings and Rog was there to the rescue. :glomp:

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

nexous posted:

So I took subtractems fire trap build in a different direction and 6 linked frostblink, got a crucible node with reduced cooldown on travel skills, reduceded travel skills cd implicit on boots, etc

Frostblink now does 6m ignite dps and kills pretty much everything instantly, except tanky rares and bosses, for which I still have fire trap.

Considering switching to Bronns Lithe which gives +5 levels to movement skills and 100% more damage from travel skills, which would double the dps.

Feeling pretty tanky as long as I frost blink 3 times a second. Thinking about doing that wandering path atlas tree as well, considering the denser the packs the safer I am.

Anyways, got baited, made the best of it, havin fun

Got a PoB? I'm also running his build.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
someone with a big twitter account plz tweet this @ bex

it desperately needs to exist

poemdexter posted:

new world of warcraft raid boss looking good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
doryani's jumpscare

https://i.imgur.com/CYLA6iX.mp4

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

LeninVS posted:

I didn't have a real plan, I saw this video and figured I'd give it a shot because it said zero investment. I didn't get this guy's results but I also didn't chain-run 100 maps with a magic find build. Being able to just throw in map after map without having to worry about whether I'm adding enough mods and scarabs and sextants to break even on maps is really compelling to me, even though I'm for sure leaving money on the table. Trying to actually focus on a few league mechanics always starts feeling like a chore to me a dozen maps in.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

pork never goes bad posted:

There's also poison artillery ballista which should dot cap with your current gear and 15div.

I saw the zizaran thing on it, it looks really good, similar to TR ballista but better. Don't suppose you know of a guide or video of someone running it on PF cause I'm pretty new at figuring poo poo out on my own. Probably going to give it a shot regardless though, I have a thicket bow with the crucible passive stashed already.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

poemdexter posted:

I am a coward and always go with that flayed monkey head unique for my stash people

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

neurotech posted:

What MF build are you doing?

Poison Tornado shot. Just abusing Soul Eater / Ramage to blow through Jungle Valleys currently.

https://pastebin.com/seZpb6dz

Big things I am working towards is getting mana reservation on the helmet, so I can run double curse with Despair on hit corrupted onto the gloves.
Then it's getting a 3 notable for the cluster.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

M. Night Skymall posted:

I saw the zizaran thing on it, it looks really good, similar to TR ballista but better. Don't suppose you know of a guide or video of someone running it on PF cause I'm pretty new at figuring poo poo out on my own. Probably going to give it a shot regardless though, I have a thicket bow with the crucible passive stashed already.

I don't know of a detailed guide, but there was a post on the builds Reddit with a lot of good info: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/12m0o6r/poison_artillery_ballista_on_pf_is_insane_hitting/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Anyone know the efficiency of stacking bloody savagery for a corrupting fever user, one node good enough or do you grab another one nearby if the glorious vanity seed gives another one