Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

bluechecks are now literally a protected class in the town square, the marketplace of ideas

thank you again based elon sir

this is real and concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon got 400 people to subscribe to twitter blue how many of you detractors have gotten 400 subscribers?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it would have gone much better for elon at twitter if he had changed nothing and just set up a gofundme

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

This mf sells the Fortnite battle pass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Woke Mind Virus posted:

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that mf paid!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Slim Peeney

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I get that a lot of people just don't got the spoons for this, but one funny thought I had regarding this back the blue business:

What happens if a lot, and I mean a LOT of people sign up for Twitter specifically to block blue checks? What happens to the cat turds ego if he's got more people blocking him than following him? Twitter's staff couldn't possibly stamp out every digital flash mob that pops up to block people, and they'll keep hemorrhaging legitimate users along the way until nothing is left but a fetid pit of chuds and trolls.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

this motherfucker is all about pressure campaigning to have kids buy skins

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that a man with the twitter handle catturd has the ear of musk

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol that a man with the twitter handle catturd has the ear of musk

I feel like we are living in an episode of sliders. We're the alternate earth where some divorced guy living in a Florida swamp has the richest man on the planet on virtual speed dial when not enough people see his attack helicopter joke.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its divorce all the way down

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

tim's weeney

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shut up Tim.

Still play fortnite.

But shut up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Woke Mind Virus posted:

The only good battlepass. :haibrow:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Let me get this straight - twitter had a feature that certain people would be marked to confirm their identity to everyone else called "verification". They removed that feature, and added one where anyone with 8 bucks can get the same mark that says they're "verified" even though it is not the same thing at all, and now those idiots paying are mad that the people who used to have the removed feature don't want this new useless one?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I can assure you Tim I was not the cool kid in junior high

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Tim made one game and now is just a game dealer

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

dril got forcibly blued

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1649865374954061824?s=20

e: got pulled but

LGD has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Apr 22, 2023

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Let me get this straight - twitter had a feature that certain people would be marked to confirm their identity to everyone else called "verification". They removed that feature, and added one where anyone with 8 bucks can get the same mark that says they're "verified" even though it is not the same thing at all, and now those idiots paying are mad that the people who used to have the removed feature don't want this new useless one?

yes, they're incredibly stupid

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol this guy got bullied so hard hes still crying about it when hes 50 and a ceo of epic or w/e

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Did anything funny happen in the last 40 pages

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

We didn't own a mine per se, we were mearly colonials plundering natural resources via surface extraction, there weren't mine shafts or proof of ownership or anything.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

loving :lmao: lots of gems ( :v: ) here, but i think i like "the killing floor isn't technically a floor, billy" part the best

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

antipattern posted:

yes, they're incredibly stupid

this is actually a key point, because blue puts them at the top of the reply list so, as it stands currently, the first thing you see following any sizeable post is the output of the dumbest and most repellent members of the Twitter userbase, which worsens the experience for absolutely everyone and creates a feedback loop of brand toxicity

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

lol this guy got bullied so hard hes still crying about it when hes 50 and a ceo of epic or w/e

i mean elon musk got bullied and his bike got stolen so hard his dad cashed in some emerald profits to try and make him happy and he's still trying to work through that damage

bullying is cool, funny, and works

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Did anything funny happen in the last 40 pages

Only one tiny explosion. Not much

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i mean elon musk got bullied and his bike got stolen so hard his dad cashed in some emerald profits to try and make him happy and he's still trying to work through that damage

fun fact: he got bullied cause he made fun of some kid's dad dying

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The whole point (in their minds) of the blue mark was to show you were part of the elite. So you pay 8 dollars to be part of that group but instead of getting the same recognition from both the plebs and the elite you're getting mocked by the plebs and the elites have left the club.

That seems like a good reason to be mad.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1649834249539788801
:sad:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tim Epic real mad still no one uses his garbage digital store front and people like Gabe Newell more than him. He’s another billionaire desperate for adoration so it makes sense he’d swoop in to defend Musk. He senses a kindred soul

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hosed up

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
haha

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1649879817662382080?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tim sweeny sucks luckily I assume his game also sucks so I don't have to pay a subscription or loot crates or whatever to that dork

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1649799938006728706

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

fun fact: he got bullied cause he made fun of some kid's dad dying

and that kid threw him down a flight of stairs and Elon is still a sniveling little poo poo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lmao and now he's gotten rid of his check mark with a name change

i wonder how many tesla engineers elon is going to assign to making dril's check permanent as he outsmarts them at every turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

hmm this is concerning since i thought he was just revealing watergate 3: watergate to the max because he loves free speech and hates censorship

a personal relationship with a source and making decisions based on that instead of getting the story out to not stop the signal doesn't seem like good journalism imo

otoh censorship and letting intelligence agencies control the discourse is cool and fun as long as it's not the us doing it so who can truly say what right and wrong is

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Apr 22, 2023