Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

lollontee posted:

the war nerd mentioned it briefly, but it is to be expected, as none of the empires have real interest in Sudan anymore. all the news i've read are just saying "ok so these two warlords are fighting and we're weirdly not backing either of them"

Declining American hegemony confirmed, fighting is happening somewhere and the media hasn't told me yet who are the good guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

sum posted:

Something else for the "it was so obvious in hindsight" pile. These guys are ARVN. C'mon.
https://twitter.com/alopeki/status/1649729051609780225

holy poo poo it is true :eyepop:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hey shouldnt let you be a world leader if youure shorter than 6'0

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

no no, I said we were playing Dark Sun. DARK Sun

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Delta-Wye posted:

holy poo poo it is true :eyepop:

wait the shovel thing is just projection as well?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Assad's hung on in Syria remarkably tenaciously, dude must be a lot tougher than he looks. Most people would've bottled it when a bunch of their top government ministers were nixed by a suicide bomber and NATO was openly discussing doing a Gaddafi on him.

you're just saying that cause of the curse

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so what do yall make of william spaniels credibility is he a more serious or less serious commentator than lazerpig

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

so what do yall make of william spaniels credibility is he a more serious or less serious commentator than lazerpig

it looks like he's actually studied history so that's something but i'd also be wary of any western 'commentator' because they're all just parroting a narrative whether they know it or not

you notice patterns like all the military youtubers suddenly deciding to all make videos hyping the Abrams and Leopard 2 at the same time as each other. While the media environment is like this i don't think there's any real possibility to get a non-compromised viewpoint. No one is allowed to speak freely even if they wanted to. Can you imagine how many subscribers you'd lose if you went off script? Do you want a load of doges in your comments?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Those 3 extra inches protected him from many a CIA plot

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Some Guy TT posted:

the guy with the book? i prefer to not invite the cia into my home.

Check out his accepted but not yet published articles - probably a coincidence the parallels lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
looks typeset with latex. font's a dead giveaway. trustworthy

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hey shouldnt let you be a world leader if youure shorter than 6'0

This is what I don't understand. When we were meddling in Ukraine politics we had a choice of who was going to be our pawn and we chose a short dude. Just a complete failure of empire building by the fail sons in Washington.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

looks typeset with latex. font's a dead giveaway. trustworthy

its on his website! its supposed to be there!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

here's a few of his articles returned for revision

Calming the Markets: When Technocratic Appointments Signal Credibility. With Despina Alexi- adou and Hakan Gunaydin. Revise and resubmit, Comparative Political Studies.
Cornering the Market: Optimal Governmental Responses to Competitive Political Violence.
Outbidding as Deterrence: Endogenous Demands in the Shadow of Group Competition.
Bribery and Fair Representation on the United Nations Security Council.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I would trust an economist before I listened to a “Political Scientist”

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zelensky was absolutely picked by the wealthy Ukrainian ruling class that thought they were clever and sly enough to not get crushed between two powers with competing interests.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the funniest Ukraine TTRPG thing is this guy who is living in Odessa but even when rockets explode down the block he’s much more concerned about getting Zak Smith’s rapist rear end uncancelled than he is about his country being systematically dismantled by the US and BlackRock

https://profesnpc.blogspot.com/

see how many posts he can go without mentioning Zak, lmao. he was banned from most RPG forums for picking fights about the guy whereas if he’d just stayed playing Brave Ukraine Guy he could’ve gotten sucked off by liberals for the next ten years

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i bet these idiots go on giant anti-kobolds genocides instead of seducing them

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Regarde Aduck posted:

i bet these idiots go on giant anti-kobolds genocides instead of seducing them

make love (to kobolds)
not war (with kobolds)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

red alert made me who I am

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

glenn stoltenberg

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The soviet campaign for yuri's revenge ended with the Soviet Army parading down times square while the news broadcast says wall street is shut down forever. The game frames it as something bad.

I know better now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

why does Ukraine have a rainbow flag instead of a Syrian flag?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
because ukraine is fruity while syria is stoic.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Please end this war, I went on a date and this ukr girl didn't stop talking about boss zelensky.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

globohomo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

well you see, while most of the content was pretty good, the image was made by a very political person

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Honest Thief posted:

Please end this war, I went on a date and this ukr girl didn't stop talking about boss zelensky.

she was wishing she could be with him and not you!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fell Mood posted:

This is what I don't understand. When we were meddling in Ukraine politics we had a choice of who was going to be our pawn and we chose a short dude. Just a complete failure of empire building by the fail sons in Washington.

Putin's also 5'7" tbf.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Putin's also 5'7" tbf.

well that explains why no one is going anywhere

tiny shoe'd idiots!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Majorian posted:

Putin's also 5'7" tbf.

Maybe if he was taller he wouldn't have gone in halfcocked.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Maybe if he was taller he wouldn't have gone in halfcocked.

Lukashenko wouldn't have hosed up like that.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
yeah putins short but he’s a judo master or something and has probably killed multiple people with his bare hands
ladies love a killer

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DoaUyMGPWI&t=710s

pretend this is actually clipped to just Putin, since that wouldn't embed

The337th has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Apr 23, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Putin hasn't killed anybody. almost anyone in this thread could probably just pick him up and hold him.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

genericnick posted:

Lukashenko wouldn't have hosed up like that.

He's too busy carrying Belarus to put Russia on his back too.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zedhe Khoja posted:

yeah putins short but he’s a judo master or something and has probably killed multiple people with his bare hands

When he isn’t crying and throwing his diaper!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

should have dated a belarusian girl then

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
You take what you can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Honest Thief posted:

down horrendous