Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Ok, so I just got Gregor's Chicken ID side story and gently caress he looks like Jason or Michael in that shot where he has the person grabbed from behind, cleaver raised. Jason might be a good slasher for him to compared to: He just won't loving die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

welcome to gacha, the true hell dante faces.

in gacha we live, lament

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I still can't believe how wrong we got Ishmael prior to release. Like, yeah, she is broadly one of the more levelheaded Sinners but she's also a relentless snarker and I love her for it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

welcome to gacha, the true hell dante faces.

also god the grinding is real, even with Ryoshu+Lifetime Stew it's gonna take 26 more runs to clear the even. Runs that only give exp tickets as rewards. And if you wanna do dailies for boxes you have only 4 modules per day, meaning only 2 runs a day without losing modules.

this is completely the wrong way to look at it unless your only concern is the funny banner at the end; you're getting wildly, *wildly* more per module than even the various daily things until you complete the event

it's a bonus, not a punishment

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 22, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
(you should still do the daily luxcavations and if you have loads of alt tab time a daily mirror dungeon)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
side note, Dante being able to understand Distortions feels like it's going to be Important with regard to their previous identity and what their powers do/mean.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
The 15-level post-battle levelups in the chicken dungeon means that you could get pretty screwed for the final battle if you get some bad luck on getting EGO post-battle instead. My first attempt on hardmode ended with two characters, my only level 30s, barely standing. Maybe it's there to prevent you from skipping fights whenever possible, but getting an EGO gift instead of a powerup after a fight is really annoying

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Junpei posted:

I still can't believe how wrong we got Ishmael prior to release. Like, yeah, she is broadly one of the more levelheaded Sinners but she's also a relentless snarker and I love her for it.

I'm like 80% sure that her professional attitude is something she deliberately puts on/cultivates in order to keep a lid on her above-city-average amount of trauma. She doesn't like losing control of the situation and being pushed outside her comfort zone by the others' antics. I suppose chapters 4.5 and 5 will be interesting in this regard.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Probably not that hard of a prediction but at least 1 new Mili song for Chapter 4.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
One interesting thing I noticed while rewatching some old cutscenes. Faust says the reason the ch1 abnormalities were so weak was because of the qliphoth deterrence, and that the deterrence will become weaker as we collect more golden boughs. So far the known abilities of the golden boughs seem to be:

1. Qliphoth deterrance (when attached to a lobcorp office? maybe somehow the network of branch offices all work together to power the qd overall?)
2. Letting dante understand what distortions are saying
3. Visualizing scenes from a resonating sinner’s past/mind
4. Physical transformation (kromer)

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 22, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's worth noting that the physical transformation was into a Distortion.

Which absolutely makes sense, since the Boughs are presumably Carmen-elemental.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Quackles posted:

I wonder what part of carmen they are if that’s what they are. We know her nervous system was in that tank in HQ and her consciousness seems to be hanging around in the light. I mean, I guess the golden boughs could still just be the light again, but it kind of seems like the boughs were around before white nights/dark days if they’re responsible for QD

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Quackles posted:

Kromer did NOT turn onto a distortion, and I have no idea why people keep claiming this.

Firstly, the process she went through is completely dissimilar to that of ordinary distortions, with no mental breakdown.

Secondly, the end result is incomparable to that of the distortions previously seen. Every distortion, exceptingthe constant outlier of Bloodfiends, do not have a human face, much less the same face. Observe Kromer closer. She has not transformed into a monstrosity, she is the same human with a monstrous amount of flesh grafted to her, by method of Sinclair's perception of her as a monster. As Sinclair resonated with the Golden Bough to change the environment, Kromer kept on fueling Sinclair's fear and hate of her until he saw her as a complete monster, which then reflected on the local reality.

If she really was a distortion, I personally think that it would have gotten a mention, if not during/after her confrontation, then at least when the concept of distortions were introduced in the game, such as a quick "Like Kromer..." After explaining what a distortion is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kromer the Dreamer of Human Wholeness gets an Abnormality rating and is treated as an Abnormality. She appears to be tapping into the Peccalatum, which are a new-ish phenomenon related to Abnormalities but not the same. She's absolutely doing something funky, since she was resonating with the Golden Bough too, not just Sinclair (the mountain of corpses is Kromer's resonance, not Sinclair's, his stuff is all his past scenario).

They outright say she's resonating with the Bough at one point, since she's close to claiming it. She's probably distorting in a way that isn't standard because she's connecting with Lust Peccalatum rather than her inner EGO/Abnormality. Since Distortions are basically personal EGO corrosion in terms of what is actually going on I would say.

Also if you don't think Kromer isn't having some sort of mental issues I don't know what to say. Just because she seems stable doesn't mean she is at all stable, since she's at minimum delusional about Sinclair and her future.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
In what reading does Kromer of all the characters in Limbus seem stable :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

still standing by my theory that Nothing There, or whatever fragments or Aberrations were in that facility, is a Kromer cultist

It thinks she's teaching it to be human so it's doing... whatever it's doing; I further suspect it's involved in the main-timeline Inquisitor process. I might get catatrophically disproven there when we get to N Corp though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm almost certain Kromer and Sinclair found Nothing There when they went down into the L-Corp Facility connected to his house. But there's also the beastly monster that the other inquisitors on all fours are.

The Inquisitors are ego corroding from two different abnormalities, Nothing There and some unknown beastly thing. I don't think it's likely that Nothing There is going to be a cultist of anything, that's not quite how Abnormalities work.

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

Kromer the Dreamer of Human Wholeness gets an Abnormality rating and is treated as an Abnormality. She appears to be tapping into the Peccalatum, which are a new-ish phenomenon related to Abnormalities but not the same. She's absolutely doing something funky, since she was resonating with the Golden Bough too, not just Sinclair (the mountain of corpses is Kromer's resonance, not Sinclair's, his stuff is all his past scenario).
Ordinary Kromer also gets an Abnormality Rating, and is also treated as an abnormality. Corroded Inquisitors get the same treatment, despite explicitly not being distortions. Is Kromer Distorting during her first battle as well? If you read the Abnormality Story for the Lust Peccatulum, written by Sinclair, he gets reminded by (presumably) Kromer. Since that is written before chapter 3, It's more likely that he imposed this similarity unto Kromer. Who is resonating with what when is completely up to interpretation. At the start it gives the impression that Kromer is resonating, Having Faust say things like "The only way to retrieve a Bough that's begun resonating" and the narration saying stuff like, Sinclair, who should have been the owner of the fathoms. However, at the end it calls the fleshy mounds of bodies Sinclair's world. My best guess is some form of joint ownership, the mountains of bodies belonging to both, representing different things for each, worship for Kromer and Guilt for Sinclair.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They outright say she's resonating with the Bough at one point, since she's close to claiming it. She's probably distorting in a way that isn't standard because she's connecting with Lust Peccalatum rather than her inner EGO/Abnormality. Since Distortions are basically personal EGO corrosion in terms of what is actually going on I would say.
Becoming monstrous is not unique to distorting. Monsters existed before The white nights and dark days, and every monstrous entity after them aren't necessarily distortions. If she's doing what you claim she's doing, then she's not a distortion.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also if you don't think Kromer isn't having some sort of mental issues I don't know what to say. Just because she seems stable doesn't mean she is at all stable, since she's at minimum delusional about Sinclair and her future.
Having mental issues does not a distortion make. It requires a mental break or shock, not someone loudly proclaiming their victory, or that everything is going according to keikaku. She is nuts, without question, but she did not suffer a mental break to her ego during any point in chapter 3.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

She's fusing with what we know is a weird Abnormality in a way reminiscent of EGO Corrosion and Distortion (which is arguably just a different form of EGO Corrosion, where your personal EGO transforms you into a monster rather than the EGO of a collective unconsciousnes abnormality), whilst in communion with what is clearly related to the Light that Carmen is and Carmen's pre-Light body (the boughs look like her tree/nervous system in Lob Corp).

It might as well be a distortion, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm not talking about general monsters, I'm talking specifically the way Kromer becomes Monstrous is clearly heavily related to Abnormalities as well as the Light and thus Distortion.

Also for the record, Mania is a form of mental breakdown, which is the one Kromer would be going through. Distortion just involves negative emotions, and frankly Kromer's obsessive insanity and "happiness" is not positive. It's about emotional control, and Kromer pretty much isn't in control of her emotions I would say, she lets them guide her, her lustful desires (in the context of how the game is treating lust as a general form of maddened desire for anything) and maniac passion is why she's distorting.

Oswald and his Circus might have a similar "type" of Distortion as Kromer. We never know where that one came from but he's a lot more positive/loopy than depressed/maddened like the others.

She definitely resonates with the Golden Bough before she transforms at least. Also, one of the quotes going on in the background during her fight is "What do I have left to lose". Oh, because it's got the Mili lyrics being placed around the background neat.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 22, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
There's also the whole "true form of humanity" spiel she gives, which is worryingly close to what Carmen's trying to achieve with getting people to Distort. Add that to the golden boughs being almost certainly bits of Carmen's body and...

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The story doesn't have the characters stop and go, "whoa, what is that, that's not a Distortion!", which would be important to do if it wasn't and that mattered. It's not all done and dusted so no one can be sure, but I feel comfortable applying the Razor here.

Plus I think the part two Mili song is fairly unambiguously about Distortion, so there's that.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

watchedclock posted:

One interesting thing I noticed while rewatching some old cutscenes. Faust says the reason the ch1 abnormalities were so weak was because of the qliphoth deterrence, and that the deterrence will become weaker as we collect more golden boughs. So far the known abilities of the golden boughs seem to be:

1. Qliphoth deterrance (when attached to a lobcorp office? maybe somehow the network of branch offices all work together to power the qd overall?)
2. Letting dante understand what distortions are saying
3. Visualizing scenes from a resonating sinner’s past/mind
4. Physical transformation (kromer)

Point 2 and 3 might be related to the deal he made with Faust and the Sinner by becoming their manager. I mean, they literally understand his clock ticking and he can resurrect people from the dead so it's probably linked to that more than simply the brought.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm almost certain Kromer and Sinclair found Nothing There when they went down into the L-Corp Facility connected to his house. But there's also the beastly monster that the other inquisitors on all fours are.

The Inquisitors are ego corroding from two different abnormalities, Nothing There and some unknown beastly thing. I don't think it's likely that Nothing There is going to be a cultist of anything, that's not quite how Abnormalities work.

If I remeber correctly, Nothing There has three form, a humanoid looking thing made of flesh, an egg and him being on all four. Never do we see any tentacule.
But then again, it could be a copy similar to what WonderLab had

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

Ordinary Kromer also gets an Abnormality Rating, and is also treated as an abnormality. Corroded Inquisitors get the same treatment, despite explicitly not being distortions. Is Kromer Distorting during her first battle as well? If you read the Abnormality Story for the Lust Peccatulum, written by Sinclair, he gets reminded by (presumably) Kromer.

Do you know where we can get the name of the Golden Thingy? The animation is so quick that I can't see it

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

Becoming monstrous is not unique to distorting. Monsters existed before The white nights and dark days, and every monstrous entity after them aren't necessarily distortions. If she's doing what you claim she's doing, then she's not a distortion.

EGO existed before Cogito and abnormalities were invented. That's how Kali/Gebura managed to become a Color. Nothing There also originated from the OldLab funnily enough.

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

Having mental issues does not a distortion make. It requires a mental break or shock, not someone loudly proclaiming their victory, or that everything is going according to keikaku. She is nuts, without question, but she did not suffer a mental break to her ego during any point in chapter 3.

Yeah, Faust even elaborate on that in 3.5. You need to have a strong belief that maintain part of your identity, your ego of sort (In 3.5, it was chicken) and have that identities shattered by something external that force you under some sort of meltdown. (I'm not even sure it has to be external and I might say some bs since I don't have the quote under my hand)

Either way, Faust could also be completely wrong on that subject even though the game consider to be a genius and she has never been wrong up to date.

I also wonder if the Sinner can become Distortion or if their contract with Dante doesn't allow them that.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

still standing by my theory that Nothing There, or whatever fragments or Aberrations were in that facility, is a Kromer cultist

It thinks she's teaching it to be human so it's doing... whatever it's doing; I further suspect it's involved in the main-timeline Inquisitor process. I might get catatrophically disproven there when we get to N Corp though.

That depend since Nothing There came from the OldLab since Kali wielded his EGO in order to become a color. The Inquisitor are indirectly shown to be related to the Nest of N Corp so having Ayin team capture/convince a guy that work for a nest is unlikely. They could get in serious trouble with a Nest and they are in the Outskirt. It would make more sense (Narratively and practically) for them to convince people to work for them/experiment on them. I mean, that's what were shown in kali flashback about the OldLab.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 22, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
My opinion as to Kromer Distorting is that she definitely Distorted.

How it probably happened be like posted:

Ms. Sun: "Hey you know if you showed Sinclair the TRUE form of humanity then I'm sure he'd get it."

Kromer: HELL YEAH LETS DO IT TRUEMANITY BABYYYY!!

Ms. Sun: :thumbsup:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also yeah doesn't Argalia willingly distort as part of his plan fully knowing what's happened with zero meltdown at the time? He flat out wants to Distort and invites it, it could be like that.

They're both sickos after all.

The entire Ensemble (minus Philip) are pretty similar in how Kromer is happening, they're still aware of themselves not just freaking out nightmare creatures. Maybe Kromer started distorting long ago and only now is finishing it.

Edit: Distortion is just Persona style stuff where you choose between your Shadow and your Persona but they're the same thing in different ways (Personal EGO/Distortion).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 22, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also yeah doesn't Argalia willingly distort as part of his plan fully knowing what's happened with zero meltdown at the time? He flat out wants to Distort and invites it, it could be like that.

They're both sickos after all.

The entire Ensemble (minus Philip) are pretty similar in how Kromer is happening, they're still aware of themselves not just freaking out nightmare creatures. Maybe Kromer started distorting long ago and only now is finishing it.

It probably related to the Golden Brought, since they both resonate with it. As with Argalia, it's probably a lot more easier for him to Distort considering the full Light was very very close. In fact, part of the Ensemble who were not already distorted (Note: Eileen) did distorted alongside Argalia, despite being stable mentally. Also, considering you just need to say YES to Ms.Sun, it would be pretty easy. Kromer is not shown to have a dialogue of any kind with someone that isn't there. That would be Sinclair in his flashback and even then, Dante see Tyler Durden Blue scarf kid

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
The story explicitly calls out the entire rigmarole around chapter 3 as a false façade created by Kromer to install terror and fear in Sinclair, I don't think she distorted because the point was that Sinclair was the one who 'owned' the golden bough, but because he feared Kromer so hard and was intimated by her he gave her power over him and she usurped the golden bough from him.

So she didn't distort, but rather she transformed because of how she was perceived by Sinclair (and why she was beaten by Demian Sinclair's true crush the one person Sinclair had full faith that could stand up to Kromer).

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

She's fusing with what we know is a weird Abnormality in a way reminiscent of EGO Corrosion and Distortion (which is arguably just a different form of EGO Corrosion, where your personal EGO transforms you into a monster rather than the EGO of a collective unconsciousnes abnormality), whilst in communion with what is clearly related to the Light that Carmen is and Carmen's pre-Light body (the boughs look like her tree/nervous system in Lob Corp).

It might as well be a distortion, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm not talking about general monsters, I'm talking specifically the way Kromer becomes Monstrous is clearly heavily related to Abnormalities as well as the Light and thus Distortion.

Also for the record, Mania is a form of mental breakdown, which is the one Kromer would be going through. Distortion just involves negative emotions, and frankly Kromer's obsessive insanity and "happiness" is not positive. It's about emotional control, and Kromer pretty much isn't in control of her emotions I would say, she lets them guide her, her lustful desires (in the context of how the game is treating lust as a general form of maddened desire for anything) and maniac passion is why she's distorting.

Oswald and his Circus might have a similar "type" of Distortion as Kromer. We never know where that one came from but he's a lot more positive/loopy than depressed/maddened like the others.

She definitely resonates with the Golden Bough before she transforms at least. Also, one of the quotes going on in the background during her fight is "What do I have left to lose". Oh, because it's got the Mili lyrics being placed around the background neat.

The point is that a Distortion is partly defined by the process of distorting. You need to have a mental break. Even if the end result is similair, if the process differs, then it isn't really a distortion. Kromers mania is a constant through the chapter, and not something that suddenly happened during the final confrontation. In fact, she was much the same in the flashback. This would beg the question, if Kromer was a distortion, why didn't she distort earlier? The answer is, as you pointed out, that the transformation is started by using the Golden Bough. Already there is a difference in method. There exists no sign of any conversation with Carmen at all, and the transformation seems completely and voluntarily self-inflicted.

Demian sheds some light on her whole plan after the battle, about how Kromer wanted to link everything to the previous time she traumatized Sinclair, and how she wanted to use him as a stepping stone in order to achieve great power. From this one can suppose that the great power is linked to the form she takes. But how does re-traumatizing Sinclair inlfuence this at all? We know that the sinners are chosen because of their ability to resonate with the boughs. This implies that being able to resonate with the boughs are a rare trait not everyone can. But that's fine, Kromer can probably do that as well, right? What if she can't. As Demian says after the battle, fearing someone gives them power over you. By traumatizing Sinclair, and then going out of her way to remind Sinclair of it, she spikes his fear of her, giving her the ability to use Sinclairs resonance as a stepping stone towards her ideal fleshy form, influenced by Sinclairs perception of her. There is no fusing happenning, she simply grows to resemble the Peccatulum that Sinclair specificaly associates with her.

Einander posted:

The story doesn't have the characters stop and go, "whoa, what is that, that's not a Distortion!", which would be important to do if it wasn't and that mattered. It's not all done and dusted so no one can be sure, but I feel comfortable applying the Razor here.

Plus I think the part two Mili song is fairly unambiguously about Distortion, so there's that.

You've got it the other way around. The story doesn't go out of it's way to say "oh, that's a distortion", introducing a rather important concept. Instead, distortions are introduced afterwards with Papa Bongy, with nothing linking it to what happened with Kromer. Something that would've been important to do if it was. Occams Razor isn't that Kromer became something that wasn't explained or introduced in the game up to that point, but rather that Demians explanation immediately after the fight is the truth. The Mili song carries many motifs directly from Demian (the book), and can be interpreted through such a lens.

I'd like to bring up abnormality codes for a moment. Kromer is annoying in that her 'codes' doesn't exist, being a 0-00-00 and ??-??-??-?? for her respective phases. I interpret that as her not having a code, as she doesn't fall under any specific classification. Up until recently, we didn't have a distortion to compare that to, so it could have been argued that that's just a distortion thing. But now we have Papa Bongy, and he has a code. There is even a part of the code specifically to distinguish Abnormalities, Corrosions and Distortions. Abnos have a code as always, Corrosions end in -TE, and Distortions have an apostrophe after the first letter, such as O'-.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hey this is an unholy amount of grinding

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

lets hang out posted:

hey this is an unholy amount of grinding

EoS in 2 days

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

yeah it's definitely closer to a marathon than a sprint, but it's not unreasonable if you've got at least one of the gacha boosters. remember the events three weeks long, so at least personally I just have to run the hard floor twice a day and I'm set to get the bonus banner.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, Shi Don is... actually good for the event dungeon? S2 and S3 have high values which are amazing for clashing against papa, and Wrath/Envy/Lust is perfect in terms of sin weaknesses/synergy with the rest of event characters. Just don't expect to get her to 50% HP, human battles suck for that, chickes do no damage and Papa will kill you.

Bringing her only reduces the number of runs by 2 but god knows that's 2 runs less.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I was lucky enough to get event ryoshu and am about one third of the way finished from autoing up to the spicy boss while i watch/do other stuff. not really fond of the "event character boost" strat for events, but I can see it as a useful way to tempt people into using their shard boxes instead of hoarding forever.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

R Heathcliff winning on damage every time in this dungeon full of pierce resistant enemies 😩

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
#heathsweep is real and eternal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that loving chicken's multi bonk attack is like the deadliest move in the entire game if it lands

"stop bonking" i cry as he just deletes heathcliff who decided he didn't feel like evading today

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:hmmyes:

There is nothing like losing clash against it without reducing it by a single coin, despite the game telling me that the power balance is "Dominating" in my favor and then having Ryoshu or Outis take like 160 damage and being immediately splattered.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Never trust predictions. They don't take into account EGO gifts and some buffs.

Next surprising unit: LCCB Ishmael. Feels better as a Bash unit than Reindeer, same low damage but at least she has Fragile and canb actually use Tremor :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yinlock posted:

that loving chicken's multi bonk attack is like the deadliest move in the entire game if it lands

"stop bonking" i cry as he just deletes heathcliff who decided he didn't feel like evading today

I made the mistake of trying to clash it with lifetime stew, realized that lifetime stew can't clash, and watched Sinclair get completely obliterated. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Next surprising unit: LCCB Ishmael. Feels better as a Bash unit than Reindeer, same low damage but at least she has Fragile and canb actually use Tremor :v:

The fragile isn't as great as you'd think since it's same-turn and she's kinda slow. Being able to actually use Tremor is a plus though, until she runs out of ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

If you think she has low damage you have never used her 3rd coin: Suppress can absolutely wipe people out and sets up a gruesome amount of Rupture damage on top.

Speaking of Rupture, has anybody ever gotten the 50% chance EGO gift for giving a subtle hint in the 'saucy' Bongy event? I am 6 for 6 on whiffing it so far, and everyone I have spoken to has tried 3+ times and never seen it either. Given the alternatives you're giving up I dunno if it's worth it to keep trying just for the sake of spading.