Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lmao my grandmother's watching an Ancient Aliens marathon

gamgam getting j'rooti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

gamgam getting j'rooti

Honestly this is all a result of the Navy videos, she's been interested in birds ever since they showed them on Fox. So now she watches every crank show she can find on the History channel and tells me about them. She's 93 and harmless so I go ahead and let her believe in the moon nazis.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Honestly this is all a result of the Navy videos, she's been interested in birds ever since they showed them on Fox. So now she watches every crank show she can find on the History channel and tells me about them. She's 93 and harmless so I go ahead and let her believe in the moon nazis.

it's all part of the MJ12 plan
to what end I don't know

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I'm pretty sure we do, in fact, understand how they work

They understand how Chat GPT works at a high level but no, even the creators don't understand what is actually going on inside. These larg language models are pretty much a black box as far as the details of getting from A to B go.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

These guys think of AI like a digital YHWH. AI as a being that has always been and has (retroactively) orchestrated human development to give rise to itself

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

need a new aitee directly into my veins. lues clues dont give me the fix i need.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

helta posted:

need a new aitee directly into my veins. lues clues dont give me the fix i need.

Coulthart and Nolan have both said "by the end of the year"

but various weirdos have been saying "in a few months" for decades so...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Here's a probably fake video of a uso. The fact that the squid doesn't even flinch makes me skeptical along with everything else about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpNL3eBETlQ

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Here's a probably fake video of a uso. The fact that the squid doesn't even flinch makes me skeptical along with everything else about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpNL3eBETlQ

I was like "IDGI the squid is nice and all WTF WAS THAT"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

squids like waddup you seen my new trick?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Squid: No I'm not sure what it is. Its shining a light on my eye? Ensign, fire a warning shot across their field of view

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/six-cattle-died-mysteriously-texas-tongues-removed-authorities-say-rcna80957

NBC reporting on cattle mutilations for no apparent reason.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Happens all the time at Skinwalker Ranch, OP.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Horseshoe theory posted:

Happens all the time at Skinwalker Ranch, OP.

like rich people the aliens eat the garbage parts of the cow

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Happens all the time cause cows drop dead a lot and scavengers will eat the softest stuff first like the tongue

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yes, the point wasn't that I think it's aliens, the point was that for some reason NBC is reporting it, and an absolutely classic description of it too, and specifically without any mention of the historical connection with UFOs / high strangeness.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what's the woo explanation for the cattle coring
are the greys building flesh golems out of tongues and anuses

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Azathoth posted:

Yes, the point wasn't that I think it's aliens, the point was that for some reason NBC is reporting it, and an absolutely classic description of it too, and specifically without any mention of the historical connection with UFOs / high strangeness.

Mhmm it's surprisingly missable as an explanation tho, it's an easy mystery for a knowledge haver to sell at an idiot hence it gets the clicks

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

chupacabras are getting them imo. they're very precise

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the Linda Howe/Richard Doty narrative is that the greys are dying from a genetic disorder that can only be reversed with DNA from cows and people. It's real bad scifi schlock.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

we are those flesh golems op

im 80% anus

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

land hagfish, eating cows from the inside

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

there's DNA in every part of the cow though

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

woah are we doing the satanic panic again already?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

yes but this time the role of satan is being played by radar

Comes with a nice hat

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Satan: loves our bread

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

and cow anuses

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

the Linda Howe/Richard Doty narrative is that the greys are dying from a genetic disorder that can only be reversed with DNA from cows and people. It's real bad scifi schlock.

They can reverse their genetic disorder but not figure out how to farm cattle. Makes sense.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I have no doubt that predation has been mistaken for cattle mutilation by inexperienced people many times, but ranchers know what predation looks like and when they say what they found isn't something they've ever seen before and no predator does I tend to believe them.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I mean if they just need DNA they should get themselves a nice big greyhound, bleed it from time to time*, pat it and take it for walks the rest of the time :3:

(*this is done by some veterinary practices, its safe and humane. And greyhounds are like but sleepy cats unless they see a rabbit)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

personally i believe anything a rancher tells me, jolly or otherwise

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

blatman posted:

personally i believe anything a rancher tells me, jolly or otherwise

MOTHERFUCKER

Sorry, minor Epstein thread moment got triggered by your post

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

D-Pad posted:

I have no doubt that predation has been mistaken for cattle mutilation by inexperienced people many times, but ranchers know what predation looks like and when they say what they found isn't something they've ever seen before and no predator does I tend to believe them.

I mean I've also read quotes from ranchers saying they didn't see anything suspicious but reported the deaths "just to be sure" based on rumors of mutilations going around, I fully believe 99.9% of "mutilations" are predator action with the minute percentage left over being regular criminal mischief. After the fact creeps like Doty jump on board for psy-op purposes.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

D-Pad posted:

Yeah, there's two competing things going on.

On one hand, cattle dying is a normal part of ranching. I dunno what the normal number is but I seem to remember Hunt for the Skinwalker saying something like 5-10% of the herd dying per year is normal. Sometimes they die and are noticed immediately, sometimes they go missing and don't get found for a while because they died in some weird spot, so seeing dead cattle in all stages of decomposition is just a part of the job. When something weird happens and they aren't decaying normally or aren't being eaten by scavengers in the normal way, I trust them at least to the point of saying "that's not normal".

Now on the other hand, something not being normal doesn't mean its paranormal. So if there's a weird bacterial infection, perhaps what contributed to the death or even just something that takes hold in the corpse after death, it could cause some poo poo that a rancher hasn't seen before but if it was carted off for a necropsy that a doctor could figure out. I don't necessarily buy the "ranchers don't know how scavengers eat" argument, but infection by some weird poo poo makes a lot of sense, including potentially keeping scavengers away because something literally doesn't smell right.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

The only thing that would give me doubt on a ranchers assessment of scavenger behavior is that the insurgent coyote is a little unpredictable and I could see there being a lot of variation in how they leave a corpse esp since at some point the rancher is interrupting the process

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

there was an article or blog post or something somewhere that presented a case for cattle mutilations being a secret government operation to test for and prevent novel transmissible prion diseases along the lines of mad cow from emerging and potentially wreaking havoc on both bovine and human populations

stealth helicopters were involved

if anyone knows what i'm talking about i would love a link

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

is covert testing on isolated sample groups by corporations woo?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

why wouldn't a corporation just use the government and military it owns to do covert testing?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I don't know why they'd need to do anything covert, at least unless it's covert because they just don't want to pay for cattle. Ranchers will sell you cattle, it's kinda their whole thing.

I can see how someone new in an area popping up and buying cattle might make people notice but the whole abduction thing only makes sense if they need really specific cattle from a herd for some reason and they're concerned the rancher won't let them buy the specific one for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

pancake rabbit posted:

there was an article or blog post or something somewhere that presented a case for cattle mutilations being a secret government operation to test for and prevent novel transmissible prion diseases along the lines of mad cow from emerging and potentially wreaking havoc on both bovine and human populations

stealth helicopters were involved

if anyone knows what i'm talking about i would love a link

very funny if the art bell black helicopters were just the secret FDA cow disease commandos