Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

iunno, the rapid frame part makes it feel less poo poo to shoot then other fusions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Took another shot at solo flawless master on Perdition after failing to get it last time, but got it third attempt and oh god why haven't I been using strand suspend all along

Also, the talk of the crafting changes reminded me that I should probably hoard away some of those Leviathan class swords for that, since it doesn't really feel worth spending enough engrams on the patterns for all three of those.

Halibut Barn fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 22, 2023

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

iunno, the rapid frame part makes it feel less poo poo to shoot then other fusions

For me something feels a little off about a lot of the rapids, the adaptives feel better. I crafted a voltshot/compulsive Iterative Loop, but I'm finding it underwhelming-feeling.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Rapids are the best PVE fusions in the game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

the recoil bugs me, i feel like i'm trying to keep the gun from jumping right out of my hands

loving NICE to be able to double-tap freeze something though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Fusion talk? You want a riptide with chill clip and auto loading holster. Brilliant for PVE.

PVP? Just get a toaster oven and shoot people who don't know what lateral movement is.

(if you're fighting people who do understand lateral movement then just use whatever rapid with good stability and prefire but not really a lot)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fond memories of that past season with the fusion mod, and melting everything with Cartesian Coordinate.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I have a Glacioclasm (Aggressive) with Subsistence and Reservoir Burst. You carefully line up your shot and then 10 seconds later hopefully there is still something to kill in front of you.

Aggressive are so slow to fire.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

DancingShade posted:

Fusion talk? You want a riptide with chill clip and auto loading holster. Brilliant for PVE.

I just got one!

Kith posted:

four crucible resets later, i got my meme gun that feels like absolute poo poo to shoot

handy for champion content tho

recoils like a mad bastard but is quick to pull and has five shots worth of cold. spiffy little thing

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/TrialsReport/status/1649496227388575762

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Idk, seems legit to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, not even giving him a chance to tell his side of the story, I thought this was America.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I did a bunch of regular cruci last night, an astrocyte, blink + iterative loop build was hilarious.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Kith posted:

the recoil bugs me, i feel like i'm trying to keep the gun from jumping right out of my hands

loving NICE to be able to double-tap freeze something though
unless it has an accuracy/stability perk, i immediately shard any fusion that can't get 90+ recoil direction with counterbalance. it makes a huge difference in how they feel

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
I've been having a good time with a crafted Deliverance, using Compulsive Reloader w/ Chill Clip. Slower charge than Riptide, but not too much of kick, and it does the whole slow/freeze cycle well. And that reload is pretty nice.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Mykel’s Reverence is the best non-exotic primary sidearm in the game and it’s not even close.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

FlapYoJacks posted:

Mykel’s Reverence is the best non-exotic primary sidearm in the game and it’s not even close.

I'm curious what your roll/use case is? There are some amazing sidearms available, my personal favorite is a tap the trigger/rangefinder liminal vigil. Heck, in the rapid fire archetype you can get a rangefinder with harmony or kill clip

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm curious what your roll/use case is? There are some amazing sidearms available, my personal favorite is a tap the trigger/rangefinder liminal vigil. Heck, in the rapid fire archetype you can get a rangefinder with harmony or kill clip

Unrelenting/offhand strike is my crafted roll. It’s fantastic.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
maybe but it looks very silly

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

EVERY DAY I WAKE UP AND PALM SLAM A COCK AND BALLS INTO YOUR FACE

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Hackan Slash posted:

I got s pugilist/swashbuckler on mine. Its a perfect fit for my strand grapple synthoceps titan.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

vibrant medusa makes the gun look like it got slimed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FlapYoJacks posted:

Better than Drang, really?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MJeff posted:

Better than Drang, really?

Drang isn’t a primary?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FlapYoJacks posted:

Drang isn’t a primary?

Yes it is. Any weapon that uses white ammo is primary. Did you mean kinetic slot?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MJeff posted:

Yes it is. Any weapon that uses white ammo is primary. Did you mean kinetic slot?

:rolleyes: OK mr pedantic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah I dunno how I could've possibly been confused by that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

FlapYoJacks posted:

:stare:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I needed a HC to do an Osiris bounty, and remembered that I haven't used it in literal years, but I have a God Roll Fatebringer.

Yes, that thing still fuckin' slaps. It's basically 'What if Ace was just a Legendary?' and it's just delightful to use.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Well you kinetic sidearm wanters better have picked up Banshees Farewell today at least

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

:rolleyes: OK mr pedantic.

Holy lol

"I shot him with my heavy weapon!" "Which one?" "Bottom Dollar!" "... because it's purple, right?" "Because it's purple :v:"

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Excuse me but it’s “Glock and Balls.” :v:

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Kith posted:

four crucible resets later, i got my meme gun that feels like absolute poo poo to shoot

handy for champion content tho

I've rolled like a hundred engrams and never gotten anything even close to this.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pioneer42 posted:

I've rolled like a hundred engrams and never gotten anything even close to this.

the trick is to play a fun mode (momentum control, mayhem, fortress if you're a bubble boy) during a double valor week and save all of your engrams. once you get a bunch of resets under your belt (ideally four since that's the cap chance for extra perks), focus all of your engrams into riptides and hope for the best

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I haven't opened any engrams from the war table this season, have about 90 right now.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Oh my god Regnant is so much fun to add clear with, it's so god damned good in the Fetor rooms in battlegrounds, too

Who needs Balefires when you have 100% uptime on Devour?????

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

regnant is good against all enemies

smashing yellow bars? it's a heavy weapon, it's good at that by default. also autoloading holster so it's always ready when you need it
clearing adds? it's a grenade launcher. and it's the season of Volatile Rounds.
boss dps? explosive light.

the only thing it's bad at is long-range combat unless you're good at trigonometry

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I tried a Warlock Arc Soul/Getaway Artist build for the first time ever, and it’s…crazy strong? It’s probably that I’ve been doing lower level content, but it feels like I always have an arc buddy up and he absolutely shreds red and lots of yellow bars?

I don’t really understand Arc 3.0 though. It’s just tons of ability regen with Ionic Traces and occasionally I just start running really fast for some reason? Both supers kind of suck though.

I’m using Outbreak Perfected, but maybe NTTE for double buddies?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So I tried a Warlock Arc Soul/Getaway Artist build for the first time ever, and it’s…crazy strong? It’s probably that I’ve been doing lower level content, but it feels like I always have an arc buddy up and he absolutely shreds red and lots of yellow bars?

I don’t really understand Arc 3.0 though. It’s just tons of ability regen with Ionic Traces and occasionally I just start running really fast for some reason? Both supers kind of suck though.

I’m using Outbreak Perfected, but maybe NTTE for double buddies?

So. Whenever you're on an Arc subclass and you get enough kills with Arc damage of some kind within a certain amount of time, you'll become Amplified. The stronger the enemies you kill, the more progress they give you towards becoming Amplified. Amplified grants mobility, slide distance and handling. If you sprint for long enough while Amplified, you'll activate Speed Booster, which further increases your sprint speed, slide distance and jump height, and also grants you some damage resistance. You have to be Amplified to start Speed Booster, but as long as you're still running, Speed Booster will continue indefinitely, even if you're no longer Amplified. You can also become Amplified by meeting some other condition dictated by an aspect, fragment or exotic. For example, Getaway Artist, in addition to summoning an Arc Soul, will automatically make you Amplified by consuming your arc grenade. Amplified will also enhance certain abilities, again, for example with your build, Arc Souls become Sentient Arc Souls while you're Amplified, shooting 5 shots per burst instead of 3, increasing their RPM from 100 to 225, which is obviously a pretty significant bump in damage.

And Ionic Traces are unique among the subclass pickups. Firesprites grant grenade energy, Void Breeches grant class energy, Stasis Shards grand melee energy, Ionic Traces are the only one that charge every ability. And Warlock has a lot of ways to interact with Ionic Traces in their aspects and exotic armor. If you combine this with the other Arc debuffs, Jolt, which does tons of AoE damage and Blind, which stuns enemies, Arc 3.0 can be extremely, extremely potent. When you're using it to its maximum potential, the sheer amount of ability uptime and power with Arc 3.0 is crazy.

Unfortunately, you accurately picked out the thing holding Arc Warlock back, its supers are very bad. They just don't do any damage, don't interact with the Arc 3.0 keywords in any meaningful way, don't do anything to Champions or bosses and in general, just take you out of all of the powerful things Arc can do for too long. Chaos Reach was a very problematic super in both PvP and PvE a long time ago because of an interaction with its main exotic, Geomag Stabilizers, and ever since, Bungie has just let it languish and exist in a far weaker state than other one-off supers. And Stormtrance is a roaming super and most roaming supers are just useless in PvE right now.

If you want some weapon recommendations, NTTE for double buddies is certainly viable, but you also might consider a primary with the Voltshot perk for spreading Jolt, Coldheart for team shotting with your Arc Buddies, Trinity Ghoul for its very powerful AoE or Delicate Tomb, a weapon that was practically designed for Arc Warlocks with its Ionic Trace synergy. Thunderlord is also very, VERY strong right now, especially with its catalyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mantle of Battle Harmony or Agers Scepter are two great ways to spend your super as an arc warlock without having to actually use the bad supers. Recommend!!