Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

PunkBoy posted:

One of the achievements reveals that "Refresher" is canon for bathroom again. That's a huge confirmation.

I’m pretty sure they said that in the first episode of Mandalorian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RatHat posted:

Partial trophy list is out. No main story spoilers but still read at your own risk.

There seems to be quite a lot more side content this time. Also the Road house trophy :v:

Cobra Cal is sending me into space

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
139.08GB on Xbox Series X
147.57GB on PS5

Is there much detail on the Deluxe and pre-order content?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PunkBoy posted:

One of the achievements reveals that "Refresher" is canon for bathroom again. That's a huge confirmation.

The spirit of West End Games' Star Wars RPG lives on.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

WattsvilleBlues posted:

147.57GB on PS5

Deluxe is BD-1 skins, Han and Luke outfits and weapons (DL-44/lightsaber)
Pre-order is Obi-Wan's outfit and weapons (Combustion blaster/lightsaber)

Clocks in at $97 on Steam ($89.99) for Deluxe

Standard is $69.99

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
$20 extra for two sets of cosmetics that don't even look that good sure made it the easiest skip ever.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

$20 extra for two sets of cosmetics that don't even look that good sure made it the easiest skip ever.

Yeah, to hell with that.

Is there any info available the Star Wars game being developed by Massive Entertainment, other than it being an open world and built with Snowdrop?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yeah, to hell with that.

Is there any info available the Star Wars game being developed by Massive Entertainment, other than it being an open world and built with Snowdrop?

We don't know poo poo. I'm really excited for it because Division 1 and 2 are like crack cocaine for me.

From what I understand, the primary team for the Avatar game is working Star Wars. Avatar keeps getting delayed. It was supposed to be released last year but now it FY 2023. So I have no idea how much work has been put into the Star Wars game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The original game locked some lightsaber colors behind the deluxe edition, I’m glad they don’t seem to be doing that this time. Also they added the white saber color. Hopefully there’s an unlockable black too

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

147.57GB on PS5

The proves that the PS5 version is a better deal. You get more GB/$, which is the best measure of a game's value.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

The original game locked some lightsaber colors behind the deluxe edition, I’m glad they don’t seem to be doing that this time. Also they added the white saber color. Hopefully there’s an unlockable black too

Just orange, I think (for deluxe in the first game). Or that might have even been preorder content?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dogen posted:

Just orange, I think (for deluxe in the first game). Or that might have even been preorder content?

Yeah you’re right. I thought Purple was deluxe too but I guess not

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

We don't know poo poo. I'm really excited for it because Division 1 and 2 are like crack cocaine for me.

From what I understand, the primary team for the Avatar game is working Star Wars. Avatar keeps getting delayed. It was supposed to be released last year but now it FY 2023. So I have no idea how much work has been put into the Star Wars game.

The Division games are cracker, which is why I'm so looking forward to the Star Wars game. The Snowdrop engine is a masterpiece. I didn't know the same team was working on the Avatar piece of poo poo and Star Wars. Doesn't bode well.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Now, This Isn't Podracing and thank the force for that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

The Division games are cracker, which is why I'm so looking forward to the Star Wars game. The Snowdrop engine is a masterpiece. I didn't know the same team was working on the Avatar piece of poo poo and Star Wars. Doesn't bode well.

So here's the thing with the Avatar game and Star Wars game.

Massive got the deal for the Star Wars because the suits at Disney took a look at their Avatar game (the game was in the works prior to the Fox acquisition) and were impressed enough to ask them to make a Star Wars. This could be a case of execs being stupid, Avatar being a turd, and thus SW will suck, or the Avatar game is good actually and SW will be good.

I think all we have seen of the Avatar game is some pre-rendered cutscene type poo poo. I don't think we really know anything about the gameplay itself.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC to play as Merrin when?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lets wait to see if she survives the game first

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
it's called jedi survivor not nightsister die-er

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

More like Je-die survivor

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

Lets wait to see if the devs remembered to put her in the game first

FTFY

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

She shows up as a combat partner in one of the trailers, so at the very least we'll be able to make her skills better

Playable...probably not out of the gate, but maybe in DLC or the meditation arena?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
She's 100% in the game. She's in the trailer with the combat companions, and she had a big model overhaul. You don't invest that kind of resources in one of the few characters (like 4? Cal, Cere, Greez & Merrin) of the previous game for you to then cut them from the sequel. Not to mention the stuff that happens to Merrin in the book that takes place between Fallen Order and Survivor.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I just wanted to continue the meme :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

WattsvilleBlues posted:

147.57GB on PS5

God loving drat!

Did they do any optimization at all? Pretty sure that's the largest PS5 install size I've ever seen and I've seen some loving gigantic ones. There's no telling what I'm gonna have to delete to make room. :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I saw articles popping up yesterday noting that even the disc editions will require substantial downloads since the game discs hold about 100 GB of data. I know a lot of games still install substantially from the disc, but I haven't paid close attention to the larger installs to know if they're just uncompressing stuff or if it's common to have large additional downloads.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think that install size is the PS4 + PS5 installs combined. I would be very surprised if the game is really 147GB. Cyberpunk is a massive game and the PS5 install size is only around 56GB. The PS5 port of Fallen Order is around 47GB. I'm sure Survivor has more content, but not THAT much.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's probably 100+ GB of cosmetics

Dogen
May 5, 2002

All cut Merrin content

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Torrannor posted:

She's 100% in the game. She's in the trailer with the combat companions, and she had a big model overhaul. You don't invest that kind of resources in one of the few characters (like 4? Cal, Cere, Greez & Merrin) of the previous game for you to then cut them from the sequel. Not to mention the stuff that happens to Merrin in the book that takes place between Fallen Order and Survivor.

I will not stand for this BD-1 erasure.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

...! posted:

It's probably 100+ GB of cosmetics
8k beards to make DRG players weep.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think that install size is the PS4 + PS5 installs combined. I would be very surprised if the game is really 147GB. Cyberpunk is a massive game and the PS5 install size is only around 56GB. The PS5 port of Fallen Order is around 47GB. I'm sure Survivor has more content, but not THAT much.

steam requirements are 155GB as well so it seems to really be that large

it's likely a bigger game than fallen order but it's probably mostly 8k photogrammetric textures and uncompressed audio files

Dogen
May 5, 2002

MMAgCh posted:

8k beards to make DRG players weep.

Hand over the beards, leaf-lover

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Hello beautiful goons, just started Fallen Order and had a question. I'm a sucker for customization and are there any big things I could easily miss that'd gently caress up my Space Cowboy Dressup in any major way? The reason I'm asking instead of googling is I was hoping to avoid spoilers.

:tipshat:

I'm 100% fine with location/light spoilers if it'll nab me a sweet cape or something.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The costumes are all dogshit wet weather ponchos, sorry.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

fennesz posted:

Hello beautiful goons, just started Fallen Order and had a question. I'm a sucker for customization and are there any big things I could easily miss that'd gently caress up my Space Cowboy Dressup in any major way? The reason I'm asking instead of googling is I was hoping to avoid spoilers.

:tipshat:

I'm 100% fine with location/light spoilers if it'll nab me a sweet cape or something.

lightsaber stuff are in chests all over the place, pretty much everything else is just a re-color IIRC.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

JBP posted:

The costumes are all dogshit wet weather ponchos, sorry.

Don't listen to this clown, there's a pink poncho somewhere in there

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My most sincere apologies. Yes there is a pink poncho that is good.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't listen to this clown, there's a pink poncho somewhere in there

I was going to check where you get the pink poncho because it is very good and then instead I found the most wookiepedia article of all time.

Wookiepedia posted:

Sumi was a pink poncho with a white panel on the front and a ribbed white section around the neck. The fugitive Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis found the material to create the Sumi poncho in a chest inside the cave of a Oggdo Bogdo in the Bogdo Sinkholes on the planet Zeffo in 14 BBY. Kestis then wore the pink poncho for a period of time, but would later look back on his use of it as a poor fashion choice when judging the armor of the Imperial Inquisitor known as the Fifth Brothe at some point between 12 and 10 BBY.

loving shameful.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Thanks everybody! I won't stress too much then :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Will there be any save game bonuses in Survivor from completing Fallen Order?