Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The question that absolutely nobody is loving asking, great job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't even know who that is

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

He’s the lebron James of American football tight end.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

He's the Rubens Barrichello of lacrosse

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

There's someone Manchester City pays way too much money to make these terrible edits and I wish it were me

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq99M6ity-z/

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=setseen&threadid=3896467&index=40753

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wrong thread we all love the permanent MDT ticket closed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

clicking that just made me sad that bse doesn’t post anymore, he was a good lad

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Oh wait that is totally the wrong link. My bad. It forgot what I even wanted to share lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

clicking that just made me sad that bse doesn’t post anymore, he was a good lad

:rip: to BSE, he thought about modding TRP and died

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1647577831516565506

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Thanks for wasting 1:49 of my life waiting for something interesting to happen

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

So what you're saying is right thread

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

That’s kind of the point - virtually none of them actually acknowledged or interacted with the young fan and their social media team still posted this, hth

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/blameaspartame/status/1649548199756189696 (credit to Trem for posting this in Discord)

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Wrong thread.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

at least post the link to the video ffs some of us want to know

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
some truly informative stuff in those videos tbh

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

turn on your monitor

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
From the Wrexham article in the guardian

quote:

…Paul Novielli, from Kentucky, US, on his fourth trip to Wrexham, took a selfie with Rudd and Sandy, a fan from Canada, at the Turf and described the actor as “super nice”.

Novielli told the PA news agency: “I just said: ‘Hi, can you take a picture?’; he said ‘Yeah’ … I asked if he’s having a good time and he said ‘Amazing.’”

The 37-year-old, who runs a podcast called Up the Town dedicated to Wrexham AFC

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paul Rudd being at a football match garnering national headlines in England (and Wales) for some reason

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I think if I were a lifelong Wrexham fan all of these Americans turning up to pile on the bandwagon because they watched funny man in thing once and now funny man buy football club would make me piss blood

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m sure they’re devastated by the millions of tourist dollars and trophies flooding the town

Or maybe they look a few miles down the road at their big historic rival who dissolved in 2010 and are thankful they still have their football club

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 23, 2023

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Folk seem to be generally accepting of new owners and new plastics if it means lots of new money. Just look at Chelsea, Man City, and now Newcastle.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
First I've heard that Ryan Reynolds, the actor, and his actor friend own Wrexham. You'd think they'd have mentioned it once or twice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Butterfly Valley posted:

I think if I were a lifelong Wrexham fan all of these Americans turning up to pile on the bandwagon because they watched funny man in thing once and now funny man buy football club would make me piss blood

a man city fan said this

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

If there's one thing guaranteed to piss off all the fans, it's getting promoted.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

I’m sure they’re devastated by the millions of tourist dollars and trophies flooding the town

Oh yeah I mean the owners have overall been great for the club and community, I just wonder about the randoms turning up because they watched a TV show. I'm sure they'll take it on balance

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Butterfly Valley posted:

aren't you a man city fan? loving lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ah Wrexham, the classic underdog story of a team with 50 times everyone else's resources being marginally better than everyone else.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Dudley posted:

Ah Wrexham, the classic underdog story of a team with 50 times everyone else's resources being marginally better than everyone else.

It rules. Just like playing football manager and taking your poo poo local club up the pyramid. Except the owners seem to actually give a poo poo about the community and club which is a nice bonus. Also it isn't sponsored by unlimited blood money, that's always a good thing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, no problem with it.

Just with the idiots saying "We never thought our little club could achieve this and all it took was someone entirely unconnected with the town and football to give us more money than anyone around us could ever dream of".

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dudley posted:

Yeah, no problem with it.

Just with the idiots saying "We never thought our little club could achieve this and all it took was someone entirely unconnected with the town and football to give us more money than anyone around us could ever dream of".

Turn your monitor on mate

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AGenuineOutlaw/status/1652691491876225029

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
“Totally arbitrary 38 games” is a new level of cope

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol at all of that

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo lol it somehow gets worse further in the thread :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/agenuineoutlaw/status/1652714085190885376

https://twitter.com/agenuineoutlaw/status/1652719204922007554

Weekend Web thread: I’m not suggesting eradicating goals, but I think the idea can be developed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is that the same guy who wrote the whole thing about alex ferguson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

now now now lads let’s hear more about this golden snitch