Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I just saw that Megan Thee Stallion threw the first pitch at an Astros game, and I must say -- wearing white pants, especially skintight ones, ESPECIALLY on national television, is a risk I am simply not willing to take under any circumstance.

More power to her though, that looked like fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Has anyone here been prescribed Visanne, and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences? I

I have been prescribed it and frankly, the side effects sound worse than my current symptoms!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I swear to gently caress commercial names for birth control and stripper names are a very near total overlap on the Venn diagram

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

that g ova there posted:

My period is only 2 days, I am blessed and have found favor with God. If men bled there would be articles about how to hack your period to the max bro.

If testicular cancer screening was suddenly done like a mammogram, the amount of money spent would dwarf the Manhattan Project.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Pyrtanis posted:

I swear to gently caress commercial names for birth control and stripper names are a very near total overlap on the Venn diagram

Its a treatment for endo, I don't think its also birth control? But otherwise yes, I 100% agree!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Today was the diagnostic d&c. Today was also Surprise!Large Fibroid day, which caught me by surprise. Currently shedding large chunks of me every 20 minutes or so.
The drugs they gave me were great! I wound up being awake for it because the monitor showing the little camera was right by my head and I got to watch the doctor shave it down. Me asking if waxing wouldn't be a more permanent solution was met with, "please don't make me laugh right now!"
Hopefully that'll be it. I have good healthy food and also a quart of Fenton's Rocky Road ice cream, hot packs, lots of ibuprofen, and tea.
Really glad I had the foresight to buy maximum absorbance incontinent pads because I'm going through them pretty quickly.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Is anyone in this thread going through perimenopause? If so, when did it start?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm in postmenopause. Peri started ~46 or 47.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

xcheopis posted:

Today was the diagnostic d&c. Today was also Surprise!Large Fibroid day, which caught me by surprise. Currently shedding large chunks of me every 20 minutes or so.

:gonk: I let out a sympathy "Ahhahhhhhhaaaahhhhaaahhhhhahhhhh no" when I read that

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Powerful Katrinka posted:

:gonk: I let out a sympathy "Ahhahhhhhhaaaahhhhaaahhhhhahhhhh no" when I read that

Thankfully, that stopped after a couple of hours! I'm doing better today (took the day off work), just dealing with muscle aches and stiffness. :)

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

So tired. So hungry for carbs.

I know they say it's the hormones that make you tired but I also can't help but feel like it's also losing blood steadily that takes it outta ya. Mr Ralph speculates that iron supplements may help me feel not so tired, but idk, I already take a multivitamin with iron in it and I've been loving beat all week.

The Russians make that blood chocolate stuff, hematogen, should try to get my hands on that maybe.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Saw a new obgyn today. She had a student shadowing her which I said was fine. Though getting a breast exam and then having the doctor critique her method was…an experience.

But the doctor ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME about all the issues I’ve been having and my family history. I’m scheduled to get an ultrasound to look for fibroids next month. Yay.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

CherryCola posted:

Saw a new obgyn today. She had a student shadowing her which I said was fine. Though getting a breast exam and then having the doctor critique her method was…an experience.

But the doctor ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME about all the issues I’ve been having and my family history. I’m scheduled to get an ultrasound to look for fibroids next month. Yay.

I am blursed to have a student with the lady parts doctor at least three times -

1. When I got my first IUD in
2. The kraamzorg, which is what the Dutch healthcare system sends you to look after you and the baby at home right after delivery. A big part of what she did was to look and see that my labia/vagina was healing up properly after the episiotomy, so she and the teacher kraamzorg were always poking around down there. Also my Dutch isn't fluent and she spoke no English so I had to make do with my limited vocab and say things like "Is everything fine with my downstairs sewing?"
3. Post-delivery checkup at the doctor.

By the third time I was okay with it, cause by the time you have a baby you're so used to people poking around down there gently caress, let's let the whole hospital come and have a gander if you think it advance medical knowledge, but the first time I was pretty nervous about it. Still let it happen, they asked for consent, because if they don't have practice patients how will they learn? :shrug:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I am blursed to have a student with the lady parts doctor at least three times -

2. The kraamzorg, which is what the Dutch healthcare system sends you to look after you and the baby at home right after delivery. A big part of what she did was to look and see that my labia/vagina was healing up properly after the episiotomy, so she and the teacher kraamzorg were always poking around down there. Also my Dutch isn't fluent and she spoke no English so I had to make do with my limited vocab and say things like "Is everything fine with my downstairs sewing?"

By the third time I was okay with it, cause by the time you have a baby you're so used to people poking around down there gently caress, let's let the whole hospital come and have a gander if you think it advance medical knowledge, but the first time I was pretty nervous about it. Still let it happen, they asked for consent, because if they don't have practice patients how will they learn? :shrug:

kraamzorg is the best word. god I love dutch.

Also apparently my thyroid and hormone levels are normal. SO I DUNNO WHAT THE DEAL IS! Guess we'll find out if the ultrasound shows anything.

I'm a week out from my period and I'm already getting body aches and sad brains.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

CherryCola posted:

kraamzorg is the best word. god I love dutch.

Also apparently my thyroid and hormone levels are normal. SO I DUNNO WHAT THE DEAL IS! Guess we'll find out if the ultrasound shows anything.

I'm a week out from my period and I'm already getting body aches and sad brains.

I hope they sort out what's wrong :sympathy: And I really hope whatever is wrong is an easy fix.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Best post/user name combo of the thread

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

YeahTubaMike posted:

Apparently yeah. I'm 44 and it's been going on for a year or two. Periods all higgledy-piggledy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

Apparently yeah. I'm 44 and it's been going on for a year or two. Periods all higgledy-piggledy.

What are the signs to look for overall? drat I want this poo poo over but I hear menopause can be worse.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Cowslips Warren posted:

What are the signs to look for overall? drat I want this poo poo over but I hear menopause can be worse.

Oh man was menopause bad bad for me

There is no telling tho, how it will affect you. I had easy periods no real discomfort no real bad pms and then WHAMMO

I'm all hosed up
Also the weird thing is my periods just stopped. From completely normal to one day me realizing I hadn't had one in months and either I was done or going to start the Church of Spinster

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm 45 and stuff got a little weird last January- period splutter-started and then completely gave up for the first time in 30 years ( I got the normal old blood starter, and nothing else).
Next period showed up pretty normally and behaved as it usually does.
Watch out for heart palpitations, I started getting a load of delayed heartbeats a couple of years ago, at various stages when hormones were on steep inclines. I wore a halter monitor for 24 hours to check I wasn't dying and it found nothing.
Turns out when hormones get a bit unbalanced in perimenopause, your heart might start being a bit weird.
Always get heart stuff checked out, but do be reassured that heart palpitations are a very common side-effect of hormone fluctuations.

Off topic, but I can't think where to put it, but I just had another fecking lucid dream.
This morning, I dreamt that I found a part of my bedroom wallpaper was badly torn.
I spent quite a lot of time and money on this paper, so I really hate the idea of it being damaged.
So, in the dream, I looked at the damage, and at first was angry about it, then realised that there was no way it could happen without me knowing, therefore it was a stupid dream. So dream-me sat down on the ground and said, "I'm done, this is all fake, I'm not moving til I wake up"
I eventually woke up, and went to tell other family members about the dream, except I realised after a couple of minutes that that situation was wrong too, and I was still bloody asleep.
Finally woke up properly at that point.
I have no idea why people try to get this to happen, it's so incredibly annoying.

I've had this happen 2 -3 times at this point, and I always find it extremely irritating.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

For me the main signs are just my periods becoming kinda irregular and a lot heavier, my PMDD getting a bit worse, and some hot flashes and heart palpitations here and there. Nothing I can't deal with.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I literally made sure my new car had split climate zones so I could have heat on my side as the other side was "A/C max plus car window wide open in January at 100 km/h" because of her hot flashing.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

CherryCola posted:

🙂

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Starting to feel like the greeks were onto something with this wandering womb thing, idk what's going on but she's restless and it's making me restlesse

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

My week

Monday to Thursday - Extra large sad with a side of crying

Friday morning - horny?

Friday afternoon - CRAMPS

Friday night - horny!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

My cramps must be at least a little psychosomatic, because I was fine until I saw some blood and now I'm in agony. At least I know why I was fiending so much for dark chocolate and skipped over the leftover milk chocolate from Easter

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
This is definitely the latest in the day that I've started my period. Interesting.

edit: 11pm, for those of you who don't know what time zone I live in

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

This is definitely the latest in the day that I've started my period. Interesting.

edit: 11pm, for those of you who don't know what time zone I live in

That's weird as hell, I always start either when I wake up or around 10am

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ralph Crammed In posted:

That's weird as hell, I always start either when I wake up or around 10am

Same! This is definitely an anomaly. I don't know what to think.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Thank you to my period for actually hold off two days so I could have a nice weekend with my partner. And now it’s time to be in pain.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It feels like I'm wearing two pairs of too-small Spanx. :negative:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I assume it starts at night all the time but just like - not much falls out until I get up and go to the bathroom.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Everything from my belly button to my knees just feels sore as hell. I keep trying to stretch out my hips and just owwwww.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CherryCola posted:

Everything from my belly button to my knees just feels sore as hell. I keep trying to stretch out my hips and just owwwww.

Why is it like this? It's like someone sledgehammered me in the pelvis.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

mine always seem to start just a little while before I wake up, as though to make absolutely sure I awake to as many unpleasant surprises and sensations as it can arrange. really keeps me on my toes, I guess :catstare:

that said, the whole business clocks in at roughly 72-96 hours tops, which I appreciate greatly

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I helped host a small convention yesterday and thank every god ever that it didn't come, but I could feel it building. I snapped yesterday at two attendees. In my defense, one lady came to my registration table, when a guest speaker was on, and loudly announced HIIIII I'm here!, and only realized after I hissed at her to be quiet did she realize that the lights were dim, someone was giving a presentation, and maybe to not act like you're the main star when the event started three hours ago. The other lady didn't preregister and there was no talk when she came in, but she did start chatting with the other person running registration about numbers (Oh what number are you? 106, 107, 108? no maybe you're in the 90s, 91, 92, 94?) when I was trying to count the till, and I slammed the box closed when I lost count and told them to knock it off.

We had 30 loving walk-ins yesterday, and 4 of those people realized they actually had registered AFTER I got them set with new numbers and new attendee poo poo. I think the last two dudes realized that it was 8 hours after the event had started and I was at the end of my rope when they showed up with only 2 hours left to go, and realized that the registration table was closed, they really had already registered, and I was done with being a babysitter to people older than I am. They at least apologized and shook my hand and thanked me before scurrying the gently caress off.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

The joys of womanhood: period shits, period acne, period cramps, period massive blood clot that slipped out when I wasn't wearing anything and had to catch it with a tissue so it wouldn't stain the floor

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

The joys of womanhood: period shits, period acne, period cramps, period massive blood clot that slipped out when I wasn't wearing anything and had to catch it with a tissue so it wouldn't stain the floor

drat good catch

I hate sometimes I'll stand up from the toilet, get everything situated, and then turn to check and it's done that thing where a line of blood has tracked down to the floor and now I have to spend several minutes of my finite life trying to track it all down, with my big round self in our tiny toilet room just swiping hopefully. Beats that one time I went through the whole process in the dark (I have awful eyesight and sometimes can't handle light) and then the next time I went in there I saw a big ole red handprint on the wall. At least nobody else was home, lmao

why is it like this!

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I love my moon cup but I don't love when I pull the cup out, it's mostly empty, I assume the worst is over and then later a stretchy cup shaped wad of clot stained brown mucus and blood slides half out and I have to yoink the rest out manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Stoca Zola posted:

I love my moon cup but I don't love when I pull the cup out, it's mostly empty, I assume the worst is over and then later a stretchy cup shaped wad of clot stained brown mucus and blood slides half out and I have to yoink the rest out manually.

I'm sorry but your av + this post is sublime