Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Amplified is an interesting effect because it is baked into the subclass, and isn't an aspect or fragment. I don't think there's anything like it for the other elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's very cool, because it gives them a solid, ubiquitous base to design the subclass around. By starting with the assumption that everybody will have access to Amplified, you can use Amplified as a trigger to a bunch of extra effects, THEN you can turn around and give each subclass their own unique alternate paths into Amplified as well. Everything loops into each other and it makes all of the abilities very fun to use. It's also probably the best subclass for just absolutely vomiting out an INSANE amount of orbs because its orb-related fragment is by far the easiest to proc. It's probably my favorite subclass in terms of design and it has two of my favorite supers, which again, makes me very sad about Arc Warlock's supers. How did you let Fornite beat you at making an in-game Kamehameha that's fun to use, Bungie?! :mad:

Kinda maybe sorta kinda think they should've taken a cue from the way they designed Amplified when they were making Grapple, 'cause I don't think making it a grenade has panned out super well.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Thanks for all the Arc advice! I’ve had the Delicate Tomb catalyst quest for months, so I might as well complete it. I’ve never liked Fusion Rifles, and right now it feels pretty weak. I assume I should he going for red/yellow bars with it, juicing it up with Jolt to get my ability energy back? I never liked Trinity Ghoul, I think just because I’ve never jived with bows. Thunder lord was one of the first exotics I ever got, so I need to bust it out again if it’s kind of meta. Feels hard to play with non void/strand Power Weapons right now because the mods give you so much more ammo from the seasonal perks.

A few more questions:

1. With Getaway Artist, I can still only have one Arc Soul active, right? If I do Grenade Charge > Rift, the rift just refreshes my Arc Soul, and if I do Rift > Grenade Charge it refreshes my Arc Soul and buffs it to the “Sentient Arc Soul”?

2. Does Arc Soul damage count as grenade damage for the purpose of mods line Ashes to Ashes?

3. For mods that consume Armor Charge, like Melee Kickstart or Grenade Kickstart, should I only have one per build? Like if I have 3 stacks if armor charge, and both Melee and Grenade Kickstart, which one gets used first if I only have one stack of Armor Charge?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Feels hard to play with non void/strand Power Weapons right now because the mods give you so much more ammo from the seasonal perks.

Of course, the big asterisk to all this is that this season, the artifact is HEAVILY slanted towards Void, Solar and Strand. It's hard to justify not just using a void energy weapon and a strand machine gun or whatever, plus you've got stuff like The Immortal and Quicksilver Storm which are just very strong right now.

I'm hoping/assuming this'll balance out with some juicy Arc and Stasis perks next season.

quote:

1. With Getaway Artist, I can still only have one Arc Soul active, right? If I do Grenade Charge > Rift, the rift just refreshes my Arc Soul, and if I do Rift > Grenade Charge it refreshes my Arc Soul and buffs it to the “Sentient Arc Soul”?

2. Does Arc Soul damage count as grenade damage for the purpose of mods line Ashes to Ashes?

3. For mods that consume Armor Charge, like Melee Kickstart or Grenade Kickstart, should I only have one per build? Like if I have 3 stacks if armor charge, and both Melee and Grenade Kickstart, which one gets used first if I only have one stack of Armor Charge?

1. You can only have one Arc Soul, ever, correct. The only way to do Double Buddies is, as you alluded to before, Arc Soul and No Time To Explain. Sentient Arc Soul is actually the name specifically of the Arc Soul granted by Getaway Artist, which has been in the game for several years and when they made Arc 3.0, they made that buffed Arc Soul behavior a baked in part of the Arc Soul aspect, so you could have access to it without Getaway Artist. As compensation for its entire exotic perk becoming redundant, Getaway Artist was given a buff to automatically grant you Amplified when you consumed your grenade, it gets 20 seconds instead of 15 seconds and the Arc Soul it summons gives you a small bit of grenade energy back, 4.5% per burst if it hits an enemy. Here's a simple way to think of it.

- Anything you do that would give you an Arc Soul while you already have one will refresh the duration.
- Whenever you're Amplified, your Arc Soul will be buffed and fire more shots.
- Sentient Arc Soul is specifically tied to consuming your grenade with Getaway Artist, it lasts a little longer and will give you a little grenade energy back.

If you think you can keep both Amplified and Arc Soul up and buffed well enough without consuming your grenade via Getaway Artist, that's when you can start looking into other exotic armor, like Crown of Tempests or Fallen Sunstar, or as GGGC suggested, Mantle of Battle Harmony, which will give you a pretty consistent buff to your weapon damage.

2. A quick google says no. I would assume no, Arc Souls aren't treated as grenades because they're something summoned by your class ability by default. If you want to test, put on the Firepower mod in your arm slot, go into the EDZ, summon your Arc Soul, let it kill a red bar enemy and see if the notice of an orb spawning pops up on your feed. Firepower is bugged, so the orb won't actually spawn, but it will still appear on the feed. If you want to do a loadout that spawns lots of orbs and super energy via stuff like Ashes to Asset, Hands On, Firepower, Heavy Handed, etc., you probably want to do something that makes use of your grenade, your melee and your weapons the most, rather than Arc Souls. Off the top of my head, you could probably do a lot of damage with Lightning Surge and a suite of melee mods.

3. I do not know what the priority is there, that's a good question. But as a general rule, yeah, you pretty much want your Armor Charge focused on one thing, one of the Kickstarts, one of the Fonts or one of the weapon Surges, so you're getting the most out of it for that one purpose. Now, you CAN double up on those mods to make them more powerful. For example, the way Grenade Kickstart works, is each additional of Grenade Kickstart will count as another stack of Armor Charge being consumed. So if you max out as far as you can, with 6 Armor Charge and 3 copies of Grenade Kickstart, you'll get back 49.9% of your grenade. This is, as you may be able to guess, way overkill and there are much more efficient ways throughout your aspects, fragments, perks, exotic armor and other mods to get your abilities back quickly just fine with only one or two copies of a Kickstart mod and one Charged Up mod.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

You can also run a No Time To Explain exotic primary auto rifle which gets you another shoot buddy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kith posted:

four crucible resets later, i got my meme gun that feels like absolute poo poo to shoot

handy for champion content tho

Wyverns too -- two shots and the wyvern's stopped with its weakspot open. This chillclip Riptide hard-carried me through GM Glassway multiple times, up until Strand came out.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Mykel’s Reverence is the best non-exotic primary sidearm in the game and it’s not even close.

It's gettin up there for me for PvE content. I got one with HC / Rewind Rounds / Paracausal Affinity, and once you get that first kill with it, you're off to the races; Paracausal pretty much never falls off. (I'm not convinced that Rewind works well on the tiny magazine; Perpetual Motion would probably be more consistent.) Frenzy is a pretty strong pick on it too.

For PvP, I think the energy beepguns still win for me. Warlock Blink + Fioritura was a hard counter for a lot of close-range play before Immortal came out, and Fool's Remedy before that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Call me crazy but I really like Compulsive Loader on a chill clip Riptide

Autoloading holster is an excellent perk that I always manage to gently caress up with. I'll swap to it a split second too early, over and over and over

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'll gently caress up Auto-loading a ton when Im trying to do a fancy witherhoard & demo RL cycle, but for riptide I'm rarely pulling it back out fast enough to run into issues. I'm running compulsive on Iterative Loop and I don't know if I'm impressed.

Ambitious Assassin on Foreberance gives me the opposite problem - I always end up swapping away and losing the mag overflow.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I recently got a alh/chill riptide (with arrowhead brake ofc, wouldnt consider using one without it), which has been nice, but honestly it hasnt entirely replaced my old feeding frenzy/chill clip one. Its pretty easy to get a whole group of reds with a shot or two, just a great gun. Guns real nice for a double special/all fusion rain of fire thing too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At about what level are you guys finding LLS stop being a complete pain in the rear end?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

MJeff posted:

At about what level are you guys finding LLS stop being a complete pain in the rear end?
1820-ish? Depends on the lost sector.

This season, as long as I'm not doing the Neomuna lost sectors, everything goes quite smoothly.

Morte
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah since legend/master lost sectors don't cap your power, the higher you are the easier they'll be. 1820 is a pretty comfortable spot for them though, depending on the lost sector of course.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Call me crazy but I really like Compulsive Loader on a chill clip Riptide

Autoloading holster is an excellent perk that I always manage to gently caress up with. I'll swap to it a split second too early, over and over and over

Compulsive Reloader is a very good perk. When it first appeared I saw a lot of people look down on it, but I knew in my heart. Then they buffed it to work for the top half of the mag. If it's on any Omolon or Suros weapon with an "on reload" perk it feels amazing.

Compulsive Reloader and Kill Clip is an amazingly reliable combo. Kill Clip got nerfed yeah, but also now it's refreshable, and if you shoot like it's a 90s/00s shooter you'll feel good with it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

What do you guys do with all the extra spots in your ship vault?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have dozens, scores even, of empty slots in my vault

You just havent met them because they go to a different tower

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stravag posted:

What do you guys do with all the extra spots in your ship vault?

Alkane dust, Calus tokens, an ascendant lens, and a used toothbrush

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've gotten one red bar iterative loop all season. Is there a trick or a grind for this? Because, drat.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I have bad news about how long the grind will take lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
- complete the Neomuna "From Zero..." on 3 characters for 3x guaranteed redbar Loops

- do heroic patrols over and over and over until you get your last one, it took me about 50 or 60

- multiply the above number by 4x or 5x if you don't complete the quests on 3 characters

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
:staredog: i've seen two heroic patrols all season, i am definitely not doing 50-60

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the trick is to load into the terminal Overload and either immediately reload if you don't see a heroic patrol on spawn in (again, over and over), or do a loop through all three zones and reload if you don't see one.

yes, it's extremely tedious. it's not even guaranteed to be a redbar if you get the loop to drop

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I will say that even having an adept plug one and several other great fusions jn the slot, being able to craft the loop is worth it. arc Cartesian coordinate with better sight profile imo

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ex post facho posted:

the trick is to load into the terminal Overload and either immediately reload if you don't see a heroic patrol on spawn in (again, over and over), or do a loop through all three zones and reload if you don't see one.

yes, it's extremely tedious. it's not even guaranteed to be a redbar if you get the loop to drop

It works best when TO is in Zephyr Concourse. Fly into the TO instance, pull out ghost to check for heroic patrols, if none then fast travel to Liming harbor, check again, sparrow to Ahimsa Park, check, load new TO instance, etc. It's quite tedious even though a loop where you don't find any takes 45 sec - 1 min not counting the instance load time, especially once you're down to your last pattern to finish, but it will get you there eventually. It's just something low-intensity to do when you're done with your higher-priority activities for the week or just feel like shooting some stuff without thinking too hard.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

I just got one!

recoils like a mad bastard but is quick to pull and has five shots worth of cold. spiffy little thing

I'm a day or two late but: Nice!

edit - had to jump into game to grab a screencap of mine:

Yes I lock it to 60 FPS because of thresher PTSD. Should probably unlock that sometime to see if it fixed.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 24, 2023

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

- complete the Neomuna "From Zero..." on 3 characters for 3x guaranteed redbar Loops

I didn’t get red weapons while doing the campaign, gently caress

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The redbars are guaranteed when you do the "From Zero..." and "...To Hero" quests. It's a quest line post-campajgn that takes you to various spots around Neomuna.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Don't you have to do those quests to get Iterative Loop and the hand cannon to start dropping in the first place?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ya

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sometimes i think i'm bad at this game but i'm apparently only one task away from rank 11 and someone pointed out that's exceptionally rare

is it really that big of a deal???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

sometimes i think i'm bad at this game but i'm apparently only one task away from rank 11 and someone pointed out that's exceptionally rare

is it really that big of a deal???

It’s annoying more than anything but yeah I don’t think a whole lot of people are actually chasing the guardian rank grind.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's more engaging than the seasonal plotline :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What plot line lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Guardian Ranks require me to run the Lightfall Story Campaigns again so I shall be Rank 7 (as god intended) forever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rank 11 means you have done basically all PVE challenges in the game. High difficulty campaign, master-level everything, solo dungeons and LLS, Conqueror, and so on. It means there are not a lot of D2 players with more build quality, thumb skill, and time than you

I’m at 10 right now but I never played very many GMs so unlocking and gilding Conqueror is a bridge too far

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the only things i have to do to get to 11 are gild conqueror (sigh) and master root (also sigh)

i have not done either due to a severe lack of give a poo poo but there's still a month left in the season and there's nothing else to do so gently caress it why not

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Guardian Ranks require me to run the Lightfall Story Campaigns again so I shall be Rank 7 (as god intended) forever

Same

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

i was like "oh boy a unique challenge to make the story not a total snoozefest!!!"

several hours well spent plinking away at big wigglies that successfully convinced me that i never want to see neomuna ever again, for any reason

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think I'm stuck at 8 because I'm struggling to bring myself to do a master nightfall, since it'd probably just be easier to find people who'd bring me through a GM. (But that's still daunting enough for me for whatever reason)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’m stuck at 8 because I need a pinnacle pair of pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm never going to click on the things and raise my rank above 6