Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You used to be able to find those in every goodwill back in the late 00s. The bun warmer sucked but it was a solid buy for our dorm kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Len posted:

You used to be able to find those in every goodwill back in the late 00s. The bun warmer sucked but it was a solid buy for our dorm kitchen

Has anyone said ‘your username’ in this thread yet? Hell, I may have already, I love that band

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Grassy Knowles posted:

Has anyone said ‘your username’ in this thread yet? Hell, I may have already, I love that band

They had some bangers. I was always too lazy to make it fit for a profile but a gif of Kirby killing the sun boss with the text Kirby stole my sunshine was something I wanted for a bit

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This just came up on SAD, and will be a cross post in several threads of pyf. If you have items that are on imgur you want to keep, now would be a good time.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Never realized how powerfully furry that DARE cat was

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

The power rangers got around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Heath posted:

Never realized how powerfully furry that DARE cat was

He looks like he got real into my chemical romance in 2005

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAu5bEu4pRU

Bloopsy has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Apr 27, 2023

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFXuJqcaJY

e: there's some sort of non-Newton PDA I don't recognize at 2:50 followed by a Videophone cameo.

Porfiriato has a new favorite as of 10:49 on Apr 28, 2023

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Porfiriato posted:

e: there's some sort of non-Newton PDA I don't recognize at 2:50 followed by a Videophone cameo.

I believe that's a tandy zoomer https://lunduke.substack.com/p/the-tandy-zoomer-the-x86-pda-before

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-11-04-fi-53001-story.html

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Porfiriato posted:

Ah gently caress people I knew are in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38T8oxedTQ

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Apr 28, 2023

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

"A tandy zoomer" sounds like a member of a very specific subculture of vaporwave.

My grandfather was a regional manager of McDuff, which got bought out by radioshack. They had a dog named tandy. His entire retirement fund was in ratshack stock and he rode it down to zero.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
"a tandy zoomer" is a pretty solid username honestly

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/yG7WiLl.mp4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

90s.mp4

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Where did you get a video of my first roommate in college?

I remember he'd play Diablo all night long on his speakers that'd I'd have dreams about Diablo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

that cd probably skipped like crazy

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Maybe not, from the glimpses of it in the clip, it looks like it might have been one of these:

And those really were skip-resistant. You could shake it like a soda can while it was playing without any skips resulting.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
WHY DOES HE NEED A SECOND PAIR OF ROLLERBLADES IN HIS POCKETS :chloe:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

He's Xtreme.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pasketti posted:

Street skates and indoor skates of course.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pasketti posted:

If it’s anything like rollerskating it’s good to have street wheels and flat wheels of different size and density, but even without those differences it’s nice to have a set of wheels you don’t gently caress up as bad with gravel and uneven surface.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

But also I roller skate nearly everywhere at times and don’t carry an extra pair, it’s a pretty douchebag move outside of a few specific circumstances.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grassy Knowles posted:

But also I roller skate nearly everywhere at times and don’t carry an extra pair, it’s a pretty douchebag move outside of a few specific circumstances.

What about that man doesn’t yell “douchebag”?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
'eat a dick, rollerskate boy!'

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

fartknocker posted:

What about that man doesn’t yell “douchebag”?

Oh absolutely all of it, but he’s unfortunately fairly decent on wheels so some fuckin ramp tramps will fall for it and he can, pardon the pun, skate by some of the douchebag alarms by being able to do things others can’t or won’t.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Grassy Knowles posted:

some fuckin ramp tramps

I've learned a delightful new term today

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
that guy is cooler than anyone posting in this thread

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Gone Fashing posted:

He'd be cooler if he wasn't ganking Guy Fieri's style.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

owns

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

What can be more 90s than 90s mall store decor?

Here's an entire collage of them: https://imgur.com/gallery/Ak4r16D

Trabant posted:

I think these are the general types of pen grips:

so this:

would be a Dynamic Quadrupod meets Lateral Tripod... sort of?

(the Dynamic Tripod is the One True God's Own Pen Grip)

Pen grip chat: Mine is none of these. Think "Dynamic Tripod" but with the pen resting between the index and middle finger, right in the V. Still weirds out a lot of people when they actually stop and look at how I write.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I actually really like that Muji's décor.

Did anyone else have a barneys coffee shop or was that a regional thing. I liked that décor too

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gone Fashing posted:

Nobody who lived through the 90s would say that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
imagine looking down at a bussin’ zoomer who imprinted on Crazy Taxi-core, smdh

like getting mad at an eagle for building a nest on a warm transformer box

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How did that guy survive the end of the nineties.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Alhazred posted:

It appears he's just now leaving the high school

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Alhazred posted:

He didn’t. September 11, 2001 was harder on him than it was for most people (victims and those related to them notwithstanding), not for what went down that morning, but more for what would go down afterward. By 2002, nobody saw him again; he only ever bladed and he forgot how to walk.

Nah, he was just a bellwether of style and zeitgeist, and he really got into butt rock, fleurs-de-lis, and Von Dutch trucker hats.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Alhazred posted:

He slept through 9/11, so no one told him it was over.

e: I did not refresh page. My joke is not original. My new prison is shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

90s Solo Cup posted:

What can be more 90s than 90s mall store decor?

Here's an entire collage of them: https://imgur.com/gallery/Ak4r16D

I know this list is selecting for the wild designs, but I'm impressed at how bold and complicated the designs are. In the 90's even the K-Mart had some neon lights on the wall, and Walmart had the smileys up around. The GTE Contact Center reminded me of an office I worked in that was last remodeled in the 90s.

I feel like most stores today have minimal design. They have some shelves and racks and they might be nice shelves but that's it. However, Stew Leonard's has their animatronic funscape. I can think of one Banana Republic that has this train station design to it, but their other stores don't have much design interest. Wegman's has the fake streetscape in the Cafe/Bakery/Deli section of their flagship stores, but most have the "is brown" aesthetic.

Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate some of the design?