Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aware posted:

I like the blue checks there I said it

Thought you could hide at the bottom of a page, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

After hearing the nebulous phrase "citizen journalism" tossed about by Musk for ages now as an alternative to legacy and traditional media, are you all finally ready to see a prime example?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650010133651496962?cxt=HHwWhIC9wa7egeYtAAAA

Spoiler: It's bootlicking horseshit!

Also, I don't know what it is, but there's something so aesthetically unappealing about long Tweets.

Ex-NASA engineer being interviewed posted:

“NASA has been hamstrung by politics, but Elon Musk is not, for the most part. Fred shared with me that he knows Elon Musk is an incredibly amazing and kind person, and if his mission is to get people living on the moon that’s going to happen.”

As I watched Fred walk away, I thought about how he explained to me that he had played a big role in designing and developing the space shuttle for NASA. Fred came alive when he explained to me his admiration for what Elon Musk is doing. I saw a spark light up in his eye.

There were a lot of NASA folks present at the Starship launch. SpaceX is opening up hope again to them that we will have people living on the moon and beyond!

Let's interview one of the thousands of smart people who over the decades has helped make space missions real from behind the scenes and have him only talk about how great Elon is and Elon did this and everything is from the hand of ELON. Please notice me, Elon!

And it worked.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

hes mad about a federally regulated muscle relaxer because some dumb gently caress named it after a brave new world? lol

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-12153/soma-oral/details

also huxley didnt think the population had to be drugged he thought you would have to basically use insane conditioning from birth plus free opiates to the massess to have a functioning happy society.

orwell didnt believe you needed mind control just facism.

and ann rand is mad her parents tricked her and wont grow the gently caress up. much like elon mad his dads emerald mine :checks notes: made him rich enough to invest in paypal

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ayn Rand's dystopian social outcomes: all the rich people gently caress off to a secret valley and need to create mechanical replacements for labour because even she knows that the rich are only rich off the back of unpaid labour.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

snergle posted:

hes mad about a federally regulated muscle relaxer because some dumb gently caress named it after a brave new world? lol

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-12153/soma-oral/details

also huxley didnt think the population had to be drugged he thought you would have to basically use insane conditioning from birth plus free opiates to the massess to have a functioning happy society.

orwell didnt believe you needed mind control just facism.

and ann rand is mad her parents tricked her and wont grow the gently caress up. much like elon mad his dads emerald mine :checks notes: made him rich enough to invest in paypal

Jesus Christ. Every time I think Elmo cannot possibly be any more dumb and pathetic he manages to plunge through the floor and find new levels of obnoxious stupidity.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I don't even think reality will let Elon get married even if he wanted to.

That man is the most divorced. From common sense, Grimes, whatever you name it

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Let's interview one of the thousands of smart people who over the decades has helped make space missions real from behind the scenes and have him only talk about how great Elon is and Elon did this and everything is from the hand of ELON. Please notice me, Elon!

And it worked.

It's why SpaceX has been so successful, NASA has spent the last 50 years getting absolutely hosed by being forced to abandon/drastically change/make stupid decisions about poo poo based on the whims of whoever's in charge of the government at the time. Elon said "here's a virtually unlimited budget, build me rockets" and picked up the cream of the crop in terms of rocket engineers who didn't want their life's work thrown in the bin because the house went red/blue this election cycle.

This is in no way an endorsement of melon.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Yes, and?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I don't even think reality will let Elon get married even if he wanted to.

That man is the most divorced. From common sense, Grimes, whatever you name it

Honestly seeing how vindictive and petty ol musky has been of late, you just know he'd be a poo poo tier partner. Good on Grimes for getting the gently caress away from that.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The kicker is all the blue checks replying to this tweet that are proving its point.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
This mf below this post paid $8 for Twitter

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thought you could hide at the bottom of a page, huh

Never has so much been said about so little

:okpos:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I wish Buzz Aldrin would punch Musk in the face like he did that moon landing truther idiot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw that Elon Musk picked a fight with Dril, and of course like everyone else he picks a fight with over twitter, he lost and embarrassed himself even further.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Buzz Aldrin's 93, I'd let him punch me in the face just for the secondhand notoriety.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I just want to clarify, I did not pay for Twitter blue and I did not request it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

But the fax machine has had a massive, incalculably huge impact on business and the economy :psyduck:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But the fax machine has had a massive, incalculably huge impact on business and the economy :psyduck:

It's a dumb quote on multiple levels!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
By 1980 or so, it will become clear that the facsimile machine's impact on the economy has been no greater than the invention of written language.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The day we started saying "fax" instead of "facsimile" was the day civilization began its decline.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elviscat posted:

I wish Buzz Aldrin would punch Musk in the face like he did that moon landing truther idiot.

Neil Armstrong made E. Lon Hubbard cry.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Jelly posted:

I've legitimately never been exposed to a less funny human being than Elon Musk. I honestly don't believe it's a possible accomplishment for the remainder of human history. For one, I don't think most people have the privilege to invest that kind of time toward misunderstanding humor.

My current bad joke is this:

What is the most dangerous type of canoes? Volcanoes!

My husband will not let me forget the fact that this joke is terrible verbally. I am still funnier than Musk.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If the fax machine is so great why can't it fax me a pizza?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ad by Khad posted:

I'm not saying it was the most dominant opinion in 95. But it was a thing. The simpsons was still making fun of e-commerce being a do-nothing get rich quick scheme in 1998.

compu global hyper mega net

Hackers came out in 1995 and the guy who goes on a computer date with President Roslin tells her to "net me" and it's presented as the most pathetic dweeby thing you could possibly do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If the fax machine was so great then why did we need to invent the telephone

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

elon musk denies the emerald mine ever since they dug up the chaos emeralds

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If the fax machine is so great why can't it fax me a pizza?

You need one of those scanner/fax combo machines for that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

elon musk denies the emerald mine ever since they dug up the chaos emeralds

Its been hilarious to see how he can't even get his own dad to deny the emerald mine business.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

To be fair to that 1990s economist etc., predicting the future is easy with hindsight.

However I think we can safely predict that Musk will continue to create nothing of value, and will try to diss and destroy anything of value he encounters.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

________________________________________BRING ME THE HEAD OF SONIC THE HEDGEFUND
________________________________________/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I said come in! posted:

Its been hilarious to see how he can't even get his own dad to deny the emerald mine business.

IIRC his dad also sucks and they don’t get along, so he probably enjoyed getting to undercut his son’s public statements.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

IIRC his dad also sucks and they don’t get along, so he probably enjoyed getting to undercut his son’s public statements.

Ooh absolutely, Elon's entire family is pure garbage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Ooh absolutely, Elon's entire family is pure garbage.

I wouldn't say that. His trans kid that hates him is probably okay.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pyrtanis posted:

Honestly seeing how vindictive and petty ol musky has been of late, you just know he'd be a poo poo tier partner. Good on Grimes for getting the gently caress away from that.

that mf had a child with elon

and, following that, another one

I understand the urge to credit Grimes with dumping Elon and hooking up with a trans lady, but we should not forget how many bad decisions she made beforehand.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Elon Dad sucks for creating Elon, but Elon dad is also cool for saying Elon deserves being pushed down some stairs in school.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Wasting my money on 20 bux of savings and 1 dollar of loose change on a monthly basis

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Holy poo poo, Xbox uberfanboy klobrille has a new job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016