Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah diva cups are amazing for a lot of reasons but they loving lie.

"Wear it for 12 hours!"

Lady, I am filling this thing in under an hour.

"It's super comfortable!"

Not when you pull it out.

"It's discreet!"

You know what isn't discreet? Coming out of a public toilet stall with your hands covered in blood.

I had to stop wearing it for everything but home use or camping (IT IS PERFECT FOR CAMPING, OMG) because it sucks to take out and put back in in public! I want to be free and open about menstruation but I would rather not look like I murdered someone in the stall.

Also it's hard to clean the blood out of your cuticles 😮‍💨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
You know how I was so happy my period waited a couple days and let me have a nice weekend with my partner? Well I am fuckin paying for that now holy poo poo these are immobilizing cramps. Usually I’m hesitant to call in for something like this. Today I woke up and said absolutely loving not.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Stoca Zola posted:

I love my moon cup but I don't love when I pull the cup out, it's mostly empty, I assume the worst is over and then later a stretchy cup shaped wad of clot stained brown mucus and blood slides half out and I have to yoink the rest out manually.

:catstare:

Get it? Because pussy :v:

edit: For what it's worth, I was never able to use a moon/diva cup. It just never fit right somehow. Maybe my vagina is misshapen or something, I don't know.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 24, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I really wanted to use the diva/moon cup but the drat thing just let me leak all over my underwear. possibly because I was doing a lot of bending and twisting but still.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

I really wanted to use the diva/moon cup but the drat thing just let me leak all over my underwear. possibly because I was doing a lot of bending and twisting but still.

If you can't bend and twist while using a sanitary product, you might as well just use a pad imho

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

it took me a while to learn to position my diva cup so it doesn't leak but i've been using it for nearly my entire menstruating career at this point and i swear by it. it's so nice to feel like my period is completely managed and just forget about it completely for 6-12 hours (even with bending and twisting) and to know i don't create any trash because of it.

also menstruation-adjacent but i got my fallopian tubes removed on Friday and i'd like to stop bleeding a lil every time i cough or sneeze, heal already

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I got pretty lucky because my periods got lighter as i've gotten older so my biggest problem with the diva cup is I could basically leave it in my entire period and never notice which is horrifying and I have to set a reminder. Bodies be weird. It's definitely odd to go from being a "soaks a super in a few hours" to whatever this has become.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Second month in a row I've not actually bled which I'm assuming is due to stress but might as well get a pack of pregnancy tests and see what's up for my own peace of mind

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

coronatae posted:

Second month in a row I've not actually bled which I'm assuming is due to stress but might as well get a pack of pregnancy tests and see what's up for my own peace of mind

As a Florida resident, I’ve been seeing some groups trying to normalize monthly testing since laws are…what they are. Probably not a bad idea, one of the cafes I go to has even started keeping free test strips in the bathroom.

Anyway I know that’s not exactly the theme of this thread, but just something to think about.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Gave myself my first pregnancy scare in a while when I forgot to track last month’s period, then panicked when I saw the supposed month+ “gap” between periods. I’d already decided that this was going to be the year I’m going to get sterilized, but this incident is what’s lighting the fire under my rear end (vadge?).

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Bled through my pants at work, that's great. I'm so glad today I wore light blue pants instead of a dress that could have hidden out, and that it's right in the middle of my rear end where everyone can see. I'm going home

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I use a Lumma disc and I wear it during ballet and contemporary dance classes. It's never leaked during all the squatting and rolling around on the ground. It even does the cool thing where if you bear down a little while peeing, the seal breaks and I can empty like half the volume without getting all up in my crotch in the office bathroom.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't know why, but my hormones are especially...out of control? Or something? So I've been cycling (no pun intended) between :q: and :negative: for the past three days.

I saw a picture of a hot guy holding a bunch of kittens, and my ovaries exploded.

minema
May 31, 2011
Spent my whole teens and 20s thanking the uterus goddess for letting me get off easy with relatively light and painless periods but no it was a horrible lie and I had endometriosis the whole time. Went from normal life to daily chronic pelvic pain and had surgery last week and it was all over my bladder and ovaries and pouch of douglas, and my bowel is stuck to my abdominal wall

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I am FILLED WITH RAGE

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Sterilization consult scheduled… 2 months from now. Here’s hoping it’ll be worth the wait.

minema posted:

my bowel is stuck to my abdominal wall

Is this something that can be remedied through surgery, or is it a permanent thing now? :stonk:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
First period after having my hormonal BC implant removed went... suspiciously well.
Normally my periods (on the birth control mind you, I was on it for so long I don't remember what my periods were like before other than painful and heavy) last 4-6 days where the first day is awful then the following days are just slowly lessening in pain and intensity. But this one was only 3 days and less painful. I'm gonna feel super blessed if this becomes the new norm, but I'm still gonna stay wary for a while. Keepin' an eye on you, uterus

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

minema posted:

Spent my whole teens and 20s thanking the uterus goddess for letting me get off easy with relatively light and painless periods but no it was a horrible lie and I had endometriosis the whole time. Went from normal life to daily chronic pelvic pain and had surgery last week and it was all over my bladder and ovaries and pouch of douglas, and my bowel is stuck to my abdominal wall

Aaaa! That's horrifying!
Is there anything more that can be done? Are you healing ok?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Turned 50. Still absolutely no sign that menopause is coming for me. WTF.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know why, but my hormones are especially...out of control? Or something? So I've been cycling (no pun intended) between :q: and :negative: for the past three days.

I saw a picture of a hot guy holding a bunch of kittens, and my ovaries exploded.

Quick google:
https://www.boredpanda.com/hot-dudes-with-kittens-instagram

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 27, 2023

minema
May 31, 2011

MACAW.AVI posted:

Is this something that can be remedied through surgery, or is it a permanent thing now? :stonk:

Adhesions can be removed but my surgeon didn't, for unknown reasons as yet but likely due to no bowel prep/no bowel surgeon/he didn't think it necessary. Apparently lots of people have abdominal adhesions and it's asymptomatic so fingers crossed mine are like that!!

I'm doing okay recovery wise just lacking stamina still but it's coming back. He thinks he removed all the endometriosis so expects at least an improvement in symptoms.

Approximately 1 in 10 women have endometriosis but it's massively under recognised. If you have symptoms that are impacting you significantly get checked out! (Symptoms are very painful periods, pain during sex, chronic pelvic pain, pain when pooping/peeing on your period, difficulty conceiving, heavy periods and more - BUT you don't have to have all of these and they can come on later - a lot of endo stories online are people who've always had painful periods but mine came on when I was 30)

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

MACAW.AVI posted:

Sterilization consult scheduled… 2 months from now. Here’s hoping it’ll be worth the wait.

As someone who got sterilized in Jan, in my experience it is very much worth it. I hope you have a good surgeon who listens and explains the risks/rewards like mine did!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
From my time spent typing surgeries, surgeons generally don't want to mess with adhesions unless they're causing pain or mechanical obstruction, because when you break them up they can reform in exciting new ways. If they have to do it they'll use something called Seprafilm to mitigate the chances but it's not a guarantee. Fuckin uterine lining, can't just stay in bounds, gotta go spilling out like creep in StarCraft

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Eh. those guys aren't my type, and also, that page is defunct. :smith: I do appreciate the effort though.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I am currently healing from my sterilization and I am so happy and relieved. They really roughed up my throat with the intubation (they cut off the blood flow to my uvula and part of it died - my Dr had literally never seen such a case) but the actual surgical site is healing like a dream.

strangely my attitude towards children became a lot more positive almost immediately now that they no longer represent a threat to me personally. Seeing a child in public is a lot more ':3: hi!' and a lot less 'oh God oh christ one wrong move and that could be my life'

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
This page works?

https://www.instagram.com/hotdudeswithcats/?hl=en

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Killingyouguy! posted:

I am currently healing from my sterilization and I am so happy and relieved. They really roughed up my throat with the intubation (they cut off the blood flow to my uvula and part of it died - my Dr had literally never seen such a case) but the actual surgical site is healing like a dream.

strangely my attitude towards children became a lot more positive almost immediately now that they no longer represent a threat to me personally. Seeing a child in public is a lot more ':3: hi!' and a lot less 'oh God oh christ one wrong move and that could be my life'

:stonk:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Fwiw the throat is also on its way to being healed it just took a bit longer and more careful care than usual lmao

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

minema posted:

Adhesions can be removed but my surgeon didn't, for unknown reasons as yet but likely due to no bowel prep/no bowel surgeon/he didn't think it necessary. Apparently lots of people have abdominal adhesions and it's asymptomatic so fingers crossed mine are like that!!

I'm doing okay recovery wise just lacking stamina still but it's coming back. He thinks he removed all the endometriosis so expects at least an improvement in symptoms.

Approximately 1 in 10 women have endometriosis but it's massively under recognised. If you have symptoms that are impacting you significantly get checked out! (Symptoms are very painful periods, pain during sex, chronic pelvic pain, pain when pooping/peeing on your period, difficulty conceiving, heavy periods and more - BUT you don't have to have all of these and they can come on later - a lot of endo stories online are people who've always had painful periods but mine came on when I was 30)

My sister had endo and only got diagnosed after she started trying to get pregnant and it was taking a long time. This is after 30 years of agony every month, of missing school and work constantly, of the worst kind of bullshit that no doctor was even slightly interested in.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Not pregnant :toot: guess we'll see what happens on my next round of iron pills

Accidentally bought a 5pack of tests but that's comforting in its own way

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Anyone ITT have experience with progesterone for period regulation? I had a really heavy period in late January, then nothing in February or March, then started another really heavy period this month. I miss when it was regular and not a completely unpredictable pain in the hole :smith:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I take progesterone to regulate periods in the opposite direction: I don't naturally menstruate so I take it for a week every other month to force a bleed upon withdrawal.

It suuuuuucks I get SO SAD when I'm on it
But I'm more comfortable with this scenario than the alternative which is being on estrogen pills all the time

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Killingyouguy! posted:

My friend has PCOS and it took her years to conceive (we actually lost touch about 2 years in because of all the stress). We've since reconnected and had a good friendship, but tonight she told me she's spent an hour trying to get her four year old to STAY IN BED. Kid is overexcited because the usual night routine was changed with phone call from grandma, so now kid is bouncing all over and melting down screaming she doesn't want to go to bed.

I can't imagine dealing with that with a cool head. I for poo poo can't imagine dealing with that with a cool head and riding the crimson tide at the same time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My horniness levels dropped off so quickly after my period ended that I almost wondered if it was some kind of placebo effect thing, if I just heard it was a thing from somewhere so my body decided that's what it would do next. It's perplexing, and I hope it doesn't become part of the routine, because it is very uncomfortable.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I have my follow up today to see if there's actually something wrong with the ol' uterus. My last period I went through a super capacity tampon literally every hour for three days. So like I hope nothing is wrong but I would really like an explanation and way forward re: how loving bad things have been every month.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CherryCola posted:

I have my follow up today to see if there's actually something wrong with the ol' uterus. My last period I went through a super capacity tampon literally every hour for three days. So like I hope nothing is wrong but I would really like an explanation and way forward re: how loving bad things have been every month.

Ugh, that sounds incredibly exhausting :(

I've always had a day where I have to constantly change a megatampon plus wear a nighttime pad, but it's never been worse than changing tampons every couple of hours.
I cant imagine having to change one every hour for 72 hours.
From the way you phrase it, it sounds like this is nowhere near your normal situation?
Fingers crossed it's just fixable hormone fuckery.

I take a multivitamin plus iron, but I always worry that my iron levels are fecked because of the heavy days.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Pookah posted:

Ugh, that sounds incredibly exhausting :(

I've always had a day where I have to constantly change a megatampon plus wear a nighttime pad, but it's never been worse than changing tampons every couple of hours.
I cant imagine having to change one every hour for 72 hours.
From the way you phrase it, it sounds like this is nowhere near your normal situation?
Fingers crossed it's just fixable hormone fuckery.

I take a multivitamin plus iron, but I always worry that my iron levels are fecked because of the heavy days.

Well it’s definitely been worsening over the last couple years. It’s not necessarily abnormal for me but I’m trying to figure out if what is “normal” for me is abnormal on the whole.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CherryCola posted:

Well it’s definitely been worsening over the last couple years. It’s not necessarily abnormal for me but I’m trying to figure out if what is “normal” for me is abnormal on the whole.

Could you be approaching perimenopause?
I'm at that age myself, and I have noticed some weirdnesses in my last two periods, and this is after 30 years of very regular, tiresome, heavy periods.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

CherryCola posted:

Lmao my appointment was yesterday and I burned the rest of my sick leave to come here today. Time to sob in the lobby of the obgyn. Sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Neat. So my sister did some genetic testing because her bio dad's family - all the women died of breast cancer and ovarian cancer and found she had this thing call the BRIP1 gene but it turns out, it came from our mom! woo. So I just got my test back and I officially have it.

The realistic side of it is I have something like a 10% chance of getting a pretty sneaky and vicious kind of ovarian cancer after menopause so the plan is that I have to have my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed then. FUN! So im 35 now and the guess is that maybe 10 ish years before I gotta pop those fuckers out. Sister is 8 years older than me and already has hers scheduled.

Garbage fuckin organs man. just garbage. Honestly though since i've had horrible ovarian cysts most of my life im looking forward to removing righty. i'd like to just step on it and squash it