Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1650153464897347584
Mighty Russia isn't feared for, or the strongest of that much of anything these days, but you do you, vatnik

everyone the world over knows why they read pushkin

because they pushkin to the frontlines since the circus is in town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/04/23/7399076/

quote:

Oleksii Dmytrashkivskyi, spokesman for the Tavriia Front Defence Forces Joint Press Centre, believes that Russia will soon begin assault operations near the city of Vuhledar in Donetsk Oblast.

Source: Dmytrashkivskyi during the national joint 24/7 newscast

Details: He said the invaders struck Vuhledar six times on Saturday, 22 April using aircraft.

Quote from Dmytrashkivskyi: "The enemy is using the tactics of scorched earth.

This is done to prevent our defenders from holding the line anywhere.

Houses are being destroyed; in the military slang, they call it 'taking houses apart', floor by floor, and this is happening in both [cities of] Bakhmut and Vuhledar."
Here we go again.....

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1650140026838167552
gently caress off and :frogout:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

That poor guy is shivering.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1649836374302834697
Idiot, if it took a war for you to understand how pathetic your country actually is, maybe there's no actual hope of your country or army being salvaged in any reasonable way?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We take this war as a learning experience so we can better our military capabilities civilians way of live and avenues of sacrifice.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They are climbing the mountain of conflict to get to the cherished temple of self reliance at the top

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/dril/status/873264183281889281?s=20

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Prigohzin announces Wagner will take no more POWS.

So I assume this means they will uh catch and release them right guys.....right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Prigohzin announces Wagner will take no more POWS.

So I assume this means they will uh catch and release them right guys.....right?

Seriously why do they announce their war crimes? How does this improve anything?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crab Dad posted:

Seriously why do they announce their war crimes? How does this improve anything?

I mean the Russian population cheers at it because they're tough in Ukraine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Crab Dad posted:

For a sense of pride and accomplishment OP

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

There was a CNN news item saying Prig also declared Dmitry Peskovs son is in Wagner, so maybe it's about making sure everyone goes down with the boat if an attempt to abandon the special operation is made.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

These copes keep getting more and more esoteric for me to keep up with

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone posted:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

America spends 14 million on each Abraham's. The Russians used t-34s to do the same job.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

zone posted:

Are we sure this is a cope and not making fun of how old and out of date the t-55 is to put on a modern battlefield with Abrams shortly deploying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, honestly, Abrams are old and outdated.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

yeah, it's clearly a joke and not cope.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The machine spirit can still take updates.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Negostrike posted:

Come on, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :shrug:

I'm afraid you might be quite misinformed about this.
I mean, ok, maybe Venezuela, but then what else?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hey, I see you missed my questions from last time! No worries, here they are again for you to answer when convenient:

Captain Theron posted:

Hey, genuinely interested, how is NATO making this worse by allowing Ukraine to defend itself, and how is this any different to Lend-Lease in WW2? Should France, Russia, Poland etc have just let Germany in to genocide their populations without resistance? Would this have led to a better, more peaceful multi-polar world?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
That T-55 post is a joke people.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The usa spent millions developing a new tank. The Soviets simply didn't. Thats it thats the joke.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

no, no I don't think it is. This is an oversight and a significant one. Relying on electronics that make the wrong assumptions about what the enemy will field in all likelihood could reduce or threaten combat effectiveness. The US should absolutely spend a couple of trillion dollars at this point to develop a new tank, mr senator. Also how is that yacht of yours, running well I assume?

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 24, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

no, no I don't think it is. This is an oversight and a significant one. Relying on electronics that make the wrong assumptions about what the enemy will field in all likelihood could reduce or threaten combat effectiveness. The US should absolutely spend a couple of trillion dollars at this point to develop a new tank, mr senator. Also how is that yacht of yours, running well I assume?

it took me way too long to realize this was a joke lmao

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

the joke is made of people???

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Drone_Fragger posted:

The usa spent millions developing a new tank. The Soviets simply didn't. Thats it thats the joke.
Now now, there was plenty of money spent to people who would design a new tank. Then they kept the money and didn't design a new tank.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

CannonFodder posted:

Now now, there was plenty of money spent to people who would design a new tank. Then they kept the money and didn't design a new tank.
Russians tried to design new tanks, but something mysterious happens and every new multi-billion project ends up producing new giant yacht in Monaco or some villa in Italy.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dwesa posted:

Russians tried to design new tanks, but something mysterious happens and every new multi-billion project ends up producing new giant yacht in Monaco or some villa in Italy.

Russian procurement:
1. 10 billion roubles budgeted for new tank.
2. The design office gets its tender for the 8 billion roubles of new tanks the country needs
3. After many false starts, the designs for the 4 billion roubles of new tanks is approved by the military
4. Production finally starts on the 1 billion roubles of new tanks.
5. Finally, the 4 new tanks, under budget at merely 400 million roubles are delivered.
6. Mobik drives it straight into ditch and it is salvaged by ukraine.
7. Ceo of tank company has to go to hospital after dropping golden toilet on foot while trying to move it into yacht from penthouse.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

They can't charge the leader of a country for war crimes twice. That's double jeopardy

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Just a reminder that the USA is no joke, the most overpowered military.
https://youtu.be/KdzJWciha4A

80 JDAMS. One run. Yowza. We arent even seeing a modern war. Plz B2s and all the jdams.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

They center punched a 50 gallon drum from 40,000 feet holy poo poo

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Drone_Fragger posted:

Russian procurement:
That's too optimistic.

6. New tanks are reserved only for parades on the Red Square. The overall design is some failed Soviet prototype from the 80s with a new paint and St. George ribbons, new pieces are made of plywood.
7. Mobiks get T-62. If they're lucky.
8. Ceo of tank company has to go to hospital after dropping golden toilet on foot while trying to move it into yacht from penthouse.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Drone_Fragger posted:

Russian procurement:
1. 10 billion roubles budgeted for new tank.
2. The design office gets its tender for the 8 billion roubles of new tanks the country needs
3. After many false starts, the designs for the 4 billion roubles of new tanks is approved by the military
4. Production finally starts on the 1 billion roubles of new tanks.
5. Finally, the 4 new tanks, under budget at merely 400 million roubles are delivered.
7. Ceo of tank company has to go to hospital after dropping golden toilet on foot while trying to move it into yacht from penthouse.

"₽10b? How do you expect me to design and produce a fleet of new tanks with only ₽7b? I can't believe you're asking for so much with only ₽3b!"

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Norway has a Red party, glued together from small communist parties in 2007. They do ... ok, with some 4-5% of the national vote, and 8 of 169 members of Parliament at the moment. The current government is a minority coalition (Labour and the farmer/districts Centre party), so their votes are sometimes useful but rarely crucial.

Without diving into Norwegian politics, the relevant part here is that they are against NATO and US led wars and the like, and voted against sending weapons to Ukraine. They just had their annual party congress, and after a lot of debate, they voted to change their position: The new statement is that "Without weapon supplies, Ukraine would have been rolled over and crushed by a chauvinist, right wing-nationalist, Russian regime with declared imperial ambitions. Thus it is right to support Ukraine with weapons in their fight for independence and peace, when they have asked for such help."

Very, very late, and a 104:73 vote, but good on them for actually changing their minds here.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Many choose to double down when presented with evidence contradicting their viewpoints. I find myself pleasantly surprised it didn't happen in this case, and the Red party actually understood the reality of the situation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"I think you will find that they are LIBS actually"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It's funny that they specifically included the reference to right wing chauvinistic nationalism, like they need to keep repeating it to themselves to remember that modern russia is not the ussr.

E: Peskov's extremely brave son joined wagner as an artilleryman, I'm sure this had nothing to do with him getting publicly embarrassed by an opposition activist pretending to be a recruiter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65370222

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 24, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

free hubcaps posted:

It's funny that they specifically included the reference to right wing chauvinistic nationalism, like they need to keep repeating it to themselves to remember that modern russia is not the ussr.

Even moreso when this is something that needs to be shouted across the rooftops on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Thank God that these self-declared materialists FINALLY recognize the material reality!

Dropping the snide tone, though; I'm seriously glad to hear that.