Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ultima weapon going up the list to micro nuke each person one by one, perfect Alexander trapping each person in an eternal time prison, very cool enrages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I'm not even joking about this one, but there should be fights with mandatory DPS or healer LB3s. I think the revamped Ultima fight already has one of these, which rules. Let the non-tanks have big hero moments too!

There's an LB spam phase in The Omega Protocol's last phase, but that's an Ultimate. Everyone has to use their LB3s at the right time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NachtSieger posted:

There's an LB spam phase in The Omega Protocol's last phase, but that's an Ultimate. Everyone has to use their LB3s at the right time.

How does it work with Healers? Was thinking how Healers could have their LB moment when Healers can bring everyone back from even 1HP with their normal toolkit.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Electric Phantasm posted:

How does it work with Healers? Was thinking how Healers could have their LB moment when Healers can bring everyone back from even 1HP with their normal toolkit.

Idk about top, but my group's been progging uwu lately and its healer LB3 moment involves a doom that can't be cleaned otherwise.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Asphodelos 3 Savage also has a mechanic where everyone is reduced to one hp through damage, and gets a healing potency debuff. A few seconds later the boss does a very powerful raidwide AoE.

Astrologians can use Macrocosmos at the right time to clown the mechanic, but manually healing through it is not a good time.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 23, 2023

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I'm not even joking about this one, but there should be fights with mandatory DPS or healer LB3s. I think the revamped Ultima fight already has one of these, which rules. Let the non-tanks have big hero moments too!

Weapons Refrain Ultimate (UWU) has this.
In the first half of the fight, you need to collect buffs that recharge the LB3 after it is used. Then in the middle of the fight, you first have to use Magic LB3 to kill a bunch of adds before they explode, then Healer LB3 to remove doom, then Melee LB3 to kill a single target and finally Tank LB3 to survive the big AoE.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

As far as I know, the boss hits everyone with what is basically a Doom debuff that needs a healer LB3 to cleanse, and both healers need to do it or else everyone dies.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm finally making a real effort at catching a lancetfish now that the end of Big Fish is coming into sight. I was prepping a spot in my house to display it as a trophy, until I just now learned that the difference between the icon and the aquarium appearance of the lancetfish is some Jurassic Park played on kazoo poo poo.

I guess I'll go catch a stonescale or coral manta instead.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

heheh i have a lancetfish in my house (it's one of the few big fish i actually have caught) and lord it's just the derpiest looking thing. i love it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lancetfish jail nearly broke me on my Big Fish grind, good luck.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just got to StB and the Zenos "fight" .

:tviv:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP Proudly Presents Dark Knight 60-70. Fall in love. Fall Apart. Walk the Path.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I caught up on Mandeville bullshit yesterday and the solo duty in the latest quest is a thing of beauty.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We should be getting a 6.4 trailer pretty soon, right?

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

We should be getting a 6.4 trailer pretty soon, right?

Next live letter, yeah. (Don't remember when exactly that is)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Will they also be announcing the next expac and its classes?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

super sweet best pal posted:

Will they also be announcing the next expac and its classes?

The next fan fest is in July. We'll probably get a name and a small teaser trailer then, with more details at the next fest in October.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The moogle tomestone event starts today, which means 6.4 drops in ~30 days, so the next live letter should be in two weeks.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if it works like before, yoship will come out on stage at the NA fanfest wearing a shirt teasing one of the new jobs that'll be formally announced at the EU fanfest.

from past examples:
batman - dark knights
007, "I particularly like the movie The Man with the Golden Gun" - machinist
spiderman, "big fan of the sam rami movies" - samurai
scarlet witch - red mage

this:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So what's the most efficient blu dungeon to do for tomes this time round. Cutters? Or can you cheese one of the Alex raids faster?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vitamean posted:

if it works like before, yoship will come out on stage at the NA fanfest wearing a shirt teasing one of the new jobs that'll be formally announced at the EU fanfest.

from past examples:
batman - dark knights
007, "I particularly like the movie The Man with the Golden Gun" - machinist
spiderman, "big fan of the sam rami movies" - samurai
scarlet witch - red mage

this:

you forgot bugs bunny teasing viera

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What if yoship comes out not wearing a shirt?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Arist posted:

you forgot bugs bunny teasing viera

no I intentionally didn't include it

berserker

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Manderville

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Vitamean posted:

berserker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdfrMO9aaE&pp=ygUfbXkgbG92ZSBmb3IgeW91IGlzIGxpa2UgYSB0cnVjaw%3D%3D

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

But really, something that uses Scouting gear is pretty likely, right? Since NIN is now the only job that still has an armor class all to themselves.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regalingualius posted:

But really, something that uses Scouting gear is pretty likely, right? Since NIN is now the only job that still has an armor class all to themselves.

I'm in agreement, but we have doubters among us who think it'll be Casting.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

I can finally be a level 100 Himbo!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i want a healer that uses scouting gear

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
We will obviously get beast tamer using scouting gear :smuggo:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What would he be wearing to indicate that we're getting twice as many glam plates because I could really use some more.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
twice as many rings

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

geomancer in scouting gear. lock it in louie

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Regalingualius posted:

Based on a couple of things he said when doing interviews after the reaper announcement, yes. But then that could make things funky because we haven't had a new caster since sb but they don't want to double up on new dps because it made queues awful for awhile so then if they do a 2nd job it's probably going to be a tank. It would also mean we got back to back melee dps (probably) which would probably have the non-melees up in arms.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I feel like a portion of the community will be up in arms no matter what they do.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I feel like this NPC with a hammer, and then we got the hammer in the cash shop, is leading the way for a class with a hammer. This is based entirely on the Blackbosom Scythes and Reaper, so my sample size is small.

Also I'm looking at that cash shop hammer and seeing how long its handle is and trying to massage the data into a combat staff user. In Scouting gear.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
If we do get a new tank I hope it is a job based off Halone. Spear and shield that occasionally combine into a great sword like the monster hunter switch weapons would be cool as hell.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the dps queues might be less of an issue than they were in Stormblood now that we have trust runs. Like if that predicted queue timer goes over 20 mins just pop those trusts and run it in the same or less time.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

twice as many rings

does he even have enough room on his fingers to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

We used ranged lb2/lb3 to clear E4S gaols and chip the boss, it's quite good when you have 3 targets to hit (which is sadly not very often with modern ffxiv raid fight design)