Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The doorbell when rung plays the entire caramelldansen song.

Edit: what a wonderful page snipe for discussing the Elonhaus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
They did have verification for dead people before, that's how Herman Cain was able to tweet from beyond the grave to call covid fake.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I clicked on someone's tweet just now and it was flagged as adult content so it said I needed to be logged in to see it. Which is fine, except the default landing page that it gave me instead was a giant full-screen Andrew Tate video

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Free Sunday Edition paper copy of the Babylon Bee delivered to your door

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do they have enough material to fill an entire side of paper or will it be blank below the fold?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ben shapino posted:

I am also pretty sure Netflix doesn't cost 50 dollars a month.... Honestly, whoever made this image was way off on some of these numbers.... I am continuing to investigate.

Are you.... looking into it!?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Somehow more cringe and pathetic than Notch's "please be my friend, I have a candy wall!" House

I feel like Notch and Elon would be besties.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1650237597967429641?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Lmao I’m assuming it’s fake but this is great:

https://twitter.com/mandolakes/status/1649899586553806849?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 24, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

That is a very real thing that happened Saturday afternoon.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I just wanna know who the gently caress these days has a phone bill that's $10 a month

Mint Mobile is the lowest I've seen at $15 a month, per line. Verizon used to offer a "Basic" phone plan for non-smartphone phones, but they've buried that even deeper into the website and I don't remember how much that was.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

no that really happened

(though when she got the check it was from the roll-out of everyone with >1m followers getting them, just a funny coincidence it happened while she was posting about it)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I just wanna know who the gently caress these days has a phone bill that's $10 a month

If we're going Euro then yes, I pay €9.99 a month for 1000 minutes and 30 GB of LTE data.

e: apparently if I were poor enough to need social subsidy, it would be entirely free. I prefer to pay.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Klyith posted:

no that really happened

(though when she got the check it was from the roll-out of everyone with >1m followers getting them, just a funny coincidence it happened while she was posting about it)

nah, Tiegen got the check before that. It was immediately after she made that first tweet

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My burner twitter account with 0 follow(er)s and almost no tweets was logged into an had retweeted about 500 identical crypto scam posts I noticed

Great secure platform, weird how that never happened before

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
has South Park ever made fun of Musk?

like I know the cishet bros , the creators of South Park Broism "lol bothsides are da same" would probably never say they themselves are or were wrong about anything ever. but surely they can see clown and say "look at that clown"

also it would be great to see other Bros bark "woke"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Was the Elon interview so bad that Tucker got fired???

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1650522358258585602

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

O____________O

Is this fallout from the Dominion lawsuit?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

like I know the cishet bros , the creators of South Park Broism "lol bothsides are da same" would probably never say they themselves are or were wrong about anything ever. but surely they can see clown and say "look at that clown"

I doubt it, because Elon is exactly the type of "CEO bro" they'd probably fawn over. But I don't know.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

steinrokkan posted:

In a month all accounts over 1m followers will be suspended due to missing the payment on their mandatory Blue membership

I know this was from yesterday but I assume this is absolutely happening

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

elon was in four episodes between 2014 and 2016, and voices himself in one of them so he 100% got a veto pass over the script

the wiki notes he's friends with matt and trey IRL so they're not going to dunk on him too hard

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

They did actually walk back the global warming and trans stuff in more recent seasons. But I don't remember Musky ever showing up.

kazil posted:

:tviv:

Seems more likely that it was the turbofucking they're getting from the defamation lawsuits

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

They did actually walk back the global warming and trans stuff in more recent seasons. But I don't remember Musky ever showing up.

i haven't fully kept up but didn't they partially walk back the trans stuff but then do an episode where the whole premise is trans people ruining womens sports

quote:

Heather Swanson, formerly Blade Jaggart, is a character that appeared as the main antagonist in the Season Twenty-Three episode "Board Girls", in which she competes in the "Strong Woman Competition" after identifying as a female two weeks prior to the event.

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 24, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
and yet they did a West episode with fish sticks.

man the cishet bro club sure is a a thing huh

e:the tuck thing is just a temp vacation for the voter machine stuff.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/kevinbacon/status/1650275780776321025?s=61

This is as much a general lament about the state of the world as it is about Twitter specifically, but this tweet is a great barometer of where the hellsite is right now.

You've got a household name Hollywood celeb, now posting unverified, making a daft yet fun little video supporting drag performers, and the replies and quote tweets are full of blue check verifieds calling him a pedophile and groomer.

On the plus side, for those of us who need to keep an account there (read only mode for me right now, I just need the site to not die until I finish my own project that requires it not die just yet) it's a great honeypot tweet for drawing in all the chuds to block. With them now all at the top of the replies crowding out the normals it makes blocking them like shooting fish in a barrel. But imagine spending $44 BILLION for a website where you have international movie stars creating content for you, which brings in people to see those celebs and therefore creates an audience you can sell to advertisers, and you turn it into a nuclear wasteland of mutants screaming that those celebs are child rapists for the first few hundred replies under their tweet.

I can't believe I'm about to obliquely praise FaceBook here, but in FB if you block a troll the all their garbage replies are deleted off the post they replied to. On Twitter, you can remove the person throwing poo poo at you, but you still get covered in poo poo.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

My working assumption would be that Tuckers ego has gotten so swollen that when Fox told him "Hey, could you tone it down on the poo poo that's costing us the best part of a billion dollars?" he threw a hissy fit so epic that it ended up with them parting ways

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

gschmidl posted:

If we're going Euro then yes, I pay €9.99 a month for 1000 minutes and 30 GB of LTE data.

e: apparently if I were poor enough to need social subsidy, it would be entirely free. I prefer to pay.

Ok, that's the $10 phone bill somewhat answered, now what about the $19,000 for skulls, is there a subsidy for that? Asking for a skeletal friend

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Just go to the graveyard and get some free skulls jeez lol

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Deptfordx posted:

My working assumption would be that Tuckers ego has gotten so swollen that when Fox told him "Hey, could you tone it down on the poo poo that's costing us the best part of a billion dollars?" he threw a hissy fit so epic that it ended up with them parting ways

Did Tucker actually write his own scripts? I assumed he was just a mouthpiece for Fox's team of writers and the most he could do on his own would be to improvise during an interview.

I've never actually watched his show though, I've just scrolled past screenshots of him looking dumbfounded (apparently he always looked dumbfounded, constantly)

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

aluminumonkey posted:

Like vertical or swing out towards the person waiting for the door to open?

Swing out like the dumb car doors.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Surprised at the lack of a $10 banana on that image

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Seth Pecksniff posted:

O____________O

Is this fallout from the Dominion lawsuit?

Yeah. Probably the Murdochs ghouls are scapegoating him to stay in control.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

repiv posted:

i haven't fully kept up but didn't they partially walk back the trans stuff but then do an episode where the whole premise is trans people ruining womens sports
It's been years since I originally saw that episode, the character is definitely there but I remember thinking that in the whole context he was just an insecure rear end in a top hat trying to get back at Strong Woman and not a trans athlete. Who then gets beaten by actual little girls no less. But considering the real controversy the chuds are stirring up about the sports, it's probably at best very clumsy in that aspect.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

It's been years since I originally saw that episode, the character is definitely there but I remember thinking that in the whole context he was just an insecure rear end in a top hat trying to get back at Strong Woman and not a trans athlete. Who then gets beaten by actual little girls no less. But considering the real controversy the chuds are stirring up about the sports, it's probably at best very clumsy in that aspect.

regardless of their intent, if chuds go around hooting and hollering about how based your take on trans people is then you've probably not handled it well

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Tucker Carlson will be Twitter CEO by the end of the week

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Ok, that's the $10 phone bill somewhat answered, now what about the $19,000 for skulls, is there a subsidy for that? Asking for a skeletal friend

The skull represents child support.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tucker twitter files

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

You know he was a huge prima donna behind the scenes. I bet every producer/executive who worked with him was just looking for an excuse.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

MasterSitsu posted:

Tucker Carlson will be Twitter CEO by the end of the week

Hahahaha... eh.. oh gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

repiv posted:

regardless of their intent, if chuds go around hooting and hollering about how based your take on trans people is then you've probably not handled it well

There is literally one non binary athlete that competes at a high level in strongman and no one cares so not sure why South Park gave a poo poo

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 24, 2023