Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Surely you guys know about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLbV07eVls

"We can land a booster on a barge so landing the largest booster ever made back on the pad and squeezing it with giant barbeque tongs ought to be an easy next step" oops looks like it came in about 5 meters too far to the right and now the site looks like someone dropped a JDAM on it

no loving way. people believe those nothing pinball paddles will "catch" the rocket and slide it into place ever so smoothly like that?! what!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022

Mr Interweb posted:

yeah there was some kerfuffle a few weeks ago

i forget what it was about, but she pissed off the righties in some way regarding one of them being involved in sex trafficking/child molestation or something (i wanna say Andrew Tate, but not completely sure)

someone posted a rap video she modeled in from a time she claimed to be traffic'd and she used her clout on twitter to make some suspensions and/or takedowns happen to rightwing accounts over it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

The venn diagram for those two groups is a loving circle, they're not opposing in the least

absolutely false, there is a group of right wingers who believe that premarital sex is destroying the fabric of society and a group of right wingers who believe that free premarital sex on demand is the birthright of all men

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

absolutely false, there is a group of right wingers who believe that premarital sex is destroying the fabric of society and a group of right wingers who believe that free premarital sex on demand is the birthright of all men

and those groups are still overlapping a lot tho

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Mr Interweb posted:

yeah there was some kerfuffle a few weeks ago

i forget what it was about, but she pissed off the righties in some way regarding one of them being involved in sex trafficking/child molestation or something (i wanna say Andrew Tate, but not completely sure)

Claiming you can't talk about the case because you're representing one of the victims is a bad idea when the right wing narrative is that there are no victims.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

*looking at the vegas loop* i want me some of that

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1650513245742964736?s=19

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Eight-Six posted:

no loving way. people believe those nothing pinball paddles will "catch" the rocket and slide it into place ever so smoothly like that?! what!?

I don't know what you're talking about, just watch that rendered video, it seems to work perfectly fine

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

And this is how I find out the A's are moving to Vegas????!!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they should just make a really big version of the tesla robot that can use its human-like hands to gently catch the rocket and cradle it like a baby

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nikosoft posted:

oh lol please catch up on this it’s a loving poo poo show

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

nikosoft posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol that tunnel is only going to be for VIPs like musicians going to play there. and drugs

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nikosoft posted:

haha just caught that. did alameda county build them a new stadium before they dipped?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Eight-Six posted:

Be sad the rocket failed not because youre (generic you) an elon stan, but because it deprived us of the most lmao "attempt" since that flat earther died riding a steam rocket

"Everything past launch was icing on the cake, the fact the booster hit the launch tower like a tactical ballistic missile destroying the launch site provides VALUABLE engineering ~dAtA~, that's science!!!!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

haha just caught that. did alameda county build them a new stadium before they dipped?

the city has been saying all the new stadium negotiations were just a ploy by the owners to buy time/bargaining power in Vegas

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

the city has been saying all the new stadium negotiations were just a ploy by the owners to buy time/bargaining power in Vegas

lol. first the raiders now this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anything funny happen

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

elon musk

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

Elon Musk's most recent interviewer got fired.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
elon musk sat down for his first interview with tucker carlson last week and now carlson has been fired

concerning

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk goes on tucker carlson and then carlson gets fired... interesting

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the media is out to get him

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tucker is too mainstream Media

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it’s the deep state

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

musk is good??? hosed up if true

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol I saw Tucker was trending on Twitter and I figured it was some Musk forced algorithm engagement change

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/tuckercarlson/status/134046087139950592?s=46&t=6Q05E9cp_ar9ql-5Jy81HQ

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

absolutely

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Be sad the rocket failed not because youre (generic you) an elon stan, but because it deprived us of the most lmao "attempt" since that flat earther died riding a steam rocket

"Everything past launch was icing on the cake, the fact the booster hit the launch tower like a tactical ballistic missile destroying the launch site provides VALUABLE engineering ~dAtA~, that's science!!!!"

i would consider it a goddamn miracle if starship managed to lawndart itself within half a mile of the launch pad but i also would have a much much much higher standard for success than just throwing $2 billion into the sky and going 'let's keep doing that until we bullseye the launchpad'

but god yes i do want to see a complete lack of physics absolutely pummel the ground while idiots cheer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thats right

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what the gently caress? I know this isn't on topic for this thread but I don't know what thread is appropriate to talk about this in. why on earth would fox fire tucker, isn't he like their biggest star? like the biggest "news-entertainment" program on television? did something happen?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

what the gently caress? I know this isn't on topic for this thread but I don't know what thread is appropriate to talk about this in. why on earth would fox fire tucker, isn't he like their biggest star? like the biggest "news-entertainment" program on television? did something happen?

he cost them a billion dollars with the dominion lawsuit, it seems like that's what this is about as far as anyone knows

selec
Sep 6, 2003

it seems like something very bad happened because he wasn’t given a goodbye show and Fox was apparently running promos for what would’ve been tonight’s episode as recently as this morning

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tucker is insane even by fox news standards and is becoming radioactive

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

selec posted:

it seems like something very bad happened because he wasn’t given a goodbye show and Fox was apparently running promos for what would’ve been tonight’s episode as recently as this morning

:kstare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you can talk about it here i dont care

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

he did just help cost the network at least $787 million and potentially a lot more depending on how the smartmatic lawsuit turns out, plus a bunch of sexual harassment lawsuits from producers.

but I think the real reason is that he’s actively bad for republicans’ electoral chances. he’s fixated on election conspiracy theories, woke beer and trans kids, which means the base is fixated on that stuff, which forces Republican candidates to fixate on that stuff. outside of Florida, candidates who ran on the “tucker suite” of issues have done very badly in the past few cycles.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Tbh Elon Musk was right after all.

The Woke Mind Virus keep on spreading and it even infected Fox News. Imagine, Fox News got woke now and they just ejected their biggest star because he's the most anti-woke person possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

me reading d&d