Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I was confused and then disappointed that this wasn't a sausage in a latke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or a bong in a blintz

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1650312165545394176

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1647767012725215232
https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1650101559642947588
https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1650504504263991299

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Data Graham posted:

Or a bong in a blintz

Then there ish no pleashink you!

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Captain Hygiene posted:

I absolutely love cheeseburger pie, although my recipe is a bit different. Mustard and diced pickles to add some sharpness and no tomatoes, for a start.

I'd say with some onion in the meat and relish either in or on it, then mustard on top and I'd chomp a cheeseburger pie.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I really hate how the ketchup is leaking onto his sleeve

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Otana posted:

I really hate how the ketchup is leaking onto his sleeve

Speaking of which, I just learned yesterday that some people have very strong opinions that ketchup should not go on hot dogs. Are they insane?? Or am I insane?

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

thehoodie posted:

Speaking of which, I just learned yesterday that some people have very strong opinions that ketchup should not go on hot dogs. Are they insane?? Or am I insane?

Mustard, onion, relish. That's it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Necrobama posted:

Mustard, onion, relish. That's it.

imagine not putting sport peppers and celery salt on a dog

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

thehoodie posted:

Yes.

Specifically, apparently the city of Chicago decided that ketchup on a hot dog is Not To Be Done.

Except for those who have fallen to this dangerous meme, no one particularly cares about whether you like ketchup on your hot dog.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

more falafel please posted:

imagine not putting sport peppers and celery salt on a dog

ok celery salt was an omission you got me there

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

FFT posted:

Yes.

Specifically, apparently the city of Chicago decided that ketchup on a hot dog is Not To Be Done.

Except for those who have fallen to this dangerous meme, no one particularly cares about whether you like ketchup on your hot dog.

with a good hot dog and good toppings, ketchup just overpowers what's there and makes it taste like ketchup.

like you shouldn't put ketchup on a lot of things that my old roommate used to put ketchup on. no one really cares if you do but you can't get mad about a hot dog place not having ketchup when putting ketchup on their product would gently caress up their product. if you wanna slake the thirst of your dark passenger that's fine but do it with your own ketchup

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Hotdogs are just poo poo bratwurst and putting ketchup on bratwurst would probably make Germany do a world war again so I think mustard is king

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Chicago hot dogs take a bun that is three times as deep as normal and fill it with ketchup.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The weird thing is, Joey D's, a Chicago cuisine for expats place in Florida, has a giant standup figure of a ketchup dispenser with a smiley cartoon face right inside the front door to greet you.

They make a good Chicago dog but they also make ketchup part of their brand somehow. I don't get it

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hotdogs are just poo poo bratwurst and putting ketchup on bratwurst would probably make Germany do a world war again so I think mustard is king

Germany's favorite food is currywurst which is bratwurst in curry ketchup. Ketchup is gross but to each their own I guess.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ketchup is a mid condiment, and that's being generous. I'm kinda 50/50 on ketchup actually improving even a lovely hot dog.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think ketchup complements a hot dog's flavor well, but I am neither a fan of hot dogs or ketchup.

Definitely doesn't really work well with a burger either. Too sweet. A1 sauce however...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/ZdmNrZr.mp4

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Ok, I'm fine with ketchup over viral SEMEN

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Whooping Crabs posted:

Germany's favorite food is currywurst which is bratwurst in curry ketchup. Ketchup is gross but to each their own I guess.

safe to say they're into it.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 00:54 on Apr 25, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why does Volkswagen make ketchup

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
From the wiki page

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They should have a Wurstwagen, like the Weinermobile but extremely German

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

FFT posted:

Yes.

Actually the guy who brought it up is from Chicago so this makes sense!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Aside from Michelin and Volkswagen, are there any other European car companies with weird food sides? Does Ferrari have a brand of spaghetti?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

more falafel please posted:

with a good hot dog and good toppings, ketchup just overpowers what's there and makes it taste like ketchup.
Ketchup tastes good.

But adding an overpowering amount is entirely upon the ketchup enjoyer. Or, eventually, within.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Aside from Michelin and Volkswagen, are there any other European car companies with weird food sides? Does Ferrari have a brand of spaghetti?

Audi

Au deez nuts

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not quite the same, but Mercedes Benz in Tokyo has a restaurant at their Roppongi store selling yakisoba.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I loving LOVE yakisoba

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Of course you do, it's spaghetti, everyone loves spaghetti.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

You’re just describing the Pz. Kpfw. IV

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Every Volkswagen car is the wurst car.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Brawnfire posted:

I think there used to be a Wienerwald wagon. It served rotisserie chicken.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Would, as long as I don't have to watch the footy after

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Dareon posted:

Would, as long as I don't have to watch the footy after

Unfortunately you are now trapped in the stadium until the match ends, it is a gruelling 312 minute match that ends in 1-nil

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Unfortunately you are now trapped in the stadium until the match ends, it is a gruelling 312 minute match that ends in 1-nil

I've only been to 1 footy match in which they played for 3 hours in a cold rain (St. Pauli vs. ???). The match ended in a 1-1 tie. We don't have ties in most American sports, except in a few rare cases (NFL football can end in a tie if the overtime period ends in a tie but there aren't ties in the MLB, NHL, or NBA). Would not recommend.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
As a non-supporter of any specific sport let alone team, (non-0) ties are best value as mathematically the most points and exciting rebuttals possible for a given total score.

Some games have pacing that a small overtime also is exciting. But soccer otherwise has a baseball or cricket like pacing which when they keep playing while tied result in experiences that feel like sex without climax. Just hours of grinding with no further interesting results cause everyone is exhausted already and there's nothing to do but laugh at the deflating sausage covered in cheeseburgers.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've only been to 1 footy match in which they played for 3 hours in a cold rain (St. Pauli vs. ???). The match ended in a 1-1 tie. We don't have ties in most American sports, except in a few rare cases (NFL football can end in a tie if the overtime period ends in a tie but there aren't ties in the MLB, NHL, or NBA). Would not recommend.

:eng101: there are actually ties in MLB, they're just rare. I think it only happens when a game is postponed after at least 5 innings have been played with the score tied, and the outcome of the game cannot affect standings. The last time it happened was in 2016, a Cubs/Pirates game got rained out in late September, the Cubs had clinched home field advantage through the NLCS, and the Pirates had clinched exactly a third place finish in the NL Central, so nothing would have been affected by the outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/0xgaut/status/1650867275103174660?s=20