Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Melee DPS Job that uses Scouting Armor, and straps a Shield on each arm to fight with.

And a Dual Pistol using Ranged DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

bobtheconqueror posted:

I feel like a portion of the community will be up in arms no matter what they do.

it's this

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ranger. High fantasy aesthetic, sword dps with some animal nature magic.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I can't wait to play the new Casting/Scouting job, Juggler.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FuturePastNow posted:

Ranger. High fantasy aesthetic, sword dps with some animal nature magic.

the idea of the second scouting class ALSO being a dual-wielder just in the sense of a melee dnd ranger instead of a ninja is very amusing to me yes

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I can't wait to play the new Casting/Scouting job, Juggler.

It's actually Juggalo and the casting part is magnetism based.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They'll swerve everybody by making the new job Ranger, using scouting gear and HW bow castbars to functionally behave like casters.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

the idea of the second scouting class ALSO being a dual-wielder just in the sense of a melee dnd ranger instead of a ninja is very amusing to me yes

Lean into the dnd, the second sword goes unused until you random proc an off-hand attack

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I want a new crafting/gathering class. 1.0 was supposed to have a „Shepherd” job that met the same fate as Musketeer and I want it back

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Retainer job.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

goblin week posted:

I want a new crafting/gathering class. 1.0 was supposed to have a „Shepherd” job that met the same fate as Musketeer and I want it back

Speaking of crafters over the weekend I finally got all of mine up to 50 (:toot:) and am actually enjoying crafting quite a bit, but do they ever do anything to differentiate the different crafting classes mechanically?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Mentalist job. Rotation is exactly as demanding as any other dps, but there are no animations or vfx, just your character holding a Professor X pose while the target takes damage and occasionally gets a dot or something.

edit: The weapon slot is empty.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So the psychic job from FFX-2 :hmmyes:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I changed my kitchen timer's sound to the hq item creation noise

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

goblin week posted:

my impression was shepherd was meant to be a gathering class for monster drops (wool, fangs, and such). they've sorta "solved" this with bicolored gemstones and the whole fantasy of keeping them on a pasture got picked up by island sanctuary.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Mentalist job. Rotation is exactly as demanding as any other dps, but there are no animations or vfx, just your character holding a Professor X pose while the target takes damage and occasionally gets a dot or something.

That's basically the 1.0 casting animations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

quiggy posted:

Speaking of crafters over the weekend I finally got all of mine up to 50 (:toot:) and am actually enjoying crafting quite a bit, but do they ever do anything to differentiate the different crafting classes mechanically?

used to be that different crafters had different skills, but what that meant in practice was that you had to level all of them to cross-class all the good skills. nowadays they're all literally identical.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

To the point you can set your crossbars on one and literally copy paste them over to your other jobs.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

YggiDee posted:

So the psychic job from FFX-2 :hmmyes:

Wait I got it -- the mascot job from FFX-2. Your power level is proportionate to the power of the costume you are wearing

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
My uncle works for SE and he says they found a way to make Chemist into a workable job. It's dps though. And it uses scouting gear.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bring back crafting/gathering combat abilities

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

no I intentionally didn't include it

berserker

That would be a shirt with bears on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

Wait I got it -- the mascot job from FFX-2. Your power level is proportionate to the power of the costume you are wearing

Everybody goes to Limsa before a raid to get folks to thumbs-up their glam.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wrestler Job that involves tossing your party at bosses too big to grapple.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Add the Lady Luck job from X-2 for the sole purpose of trolling minmaxers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

If they gave us reverse Rescue I'd never play another job

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vitamean posted:

my impression was shepherd was meant to be a gathering class for monster drops (wool, fangs, and such). they've sorta "solved" this with bicolored gemstones and the whole fantasy of keeping them on a pasture got picked up by island sanctuary.

I only have roughly another 300 hours to go until I get there and that's without spending time on the dailies :cripes: aaahhh

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Dual wielding Musketeer. :v:

Selane
May 19, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

twice as many rings
You realize there’s a finite supply of platinum on this planet, right?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bring back crafting/gathering combat abilities

Unironically the number 1 thing I want most on gatherers is hell's ingress/en avant.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Ah, Bowser's party throwing weapon from Super Mario RPG finally makes a return. About time Square remembered they made that game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Golbez and you can see that statement is not true.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

So don't roulette. I don't mean that sarcastically, I'm being 100% straight up that you should stop. If you want the thrill of not knowing what you'll get, just queue for 5 of your favorites. If you want the tomes, then suck it up and play anything that's available to you because the point of the tomes is incentive to HELP OTHER PEOPLE, not yourself

no you can just tank your ilvl and get the tomes and no one can do anything about it lol

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

If they gave us reverse Rescue I'd never play another job

that's a blue mage spell

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

that's a blue mage spell

the contract has been signed

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

squire, selfish scouting dps. yells every minute for a dps window where you spam throw stone on a 1.5s cd, shouts every two minutes for a dps buff on top of that. LB3: ultima

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Valentin posted:

squire, selfish scouting dps. yells every minute for a dps window where you spam throw stone on a 1.5s cd, shouts every two minutes for a dps buff on top of that. LB3: ultima

Yells and shouts provide a small but permanent damage increase, making it secretly the best class in the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The new job is Geomancer and there's a part of the quest line where an npc sneers and says that it's just the same thing as conjury and you Kill them with a gun,

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I think dual swords for a hypothetical Ranger job would be too close to Ninja's daggers, they like to keep the jobs pretty distinct. Dual handaxes on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I changed my kitchen timer's sound to the hq item creation noise

Post the .wav or .mp3, I want that for phone sounds.

Actually, is there a good place/way to extract various sounds from the game? I know WoW had their own file extension they packed everything in that a utility could unzipper and let you browse/extract files from the archive. I assume with all the tpt something similar is possible.