Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i'm not supposed to say this but big tony called little tony and told him if they didn't stop doing the high pitched voice he wouldn't let them book any AEW talent and also he'd ruin his deck and instead of sacrifice their artistic integrity they decided to stop reviewing dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they were also too dumb to follow aew and listening to them recap it was painful to me, someone that pays attention.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

they were also too dumb to follow aew and listening to them recap it was painful to me, someone that pays attention.

oh yeah thats the important thing to keep in mind about deadlock, all three of them are very dumb and incapable of following anything

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Suplex Liberace posted:

I remember an episode where they complained about the Youngs Bucks and Jurassic Express having wrestled 900 times when in reality at the time they'd only shared a ring once ever in an 8-man tag or something like that and at that point I was like "aight I'm just skipping to the retro reviews"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

oh yeah thats the important thing to keep in mind about deadlock, all three of them are very dumb and incapable of following anything

Try telling that to The Nature Boy #1

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Their takes on the old Codyverse stuff are a lot of fun. That's the funniest part of letting and old episode run.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Try telling that to The Nature Boy #1

I didnt know Giant Baba's first name was Motoko

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Garrett: Alright Dave, it's time for us to finish.
checks podcast player, the show still has twenty minutes left :allears:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

they are dumb as hell, like adam sandler movies, and constantly get poo poo wrong

and i wouldn't have them any other way

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1650429209955946496

Happy for the boys :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Guy like me, I tag korauken

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You risked it, and now you get a clue, and the operation is OVER

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Despite running Korakuen, the boys have produced An Pod (or maybe not dude)

XWF is back and IN YOUR FACE! On episode number 2 Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart let us know that they tried to create the best storylines with some of the legends of wrestling and the new up and coming future stars of this business. The CEO Rena Mero is having a power struggle with the commissioner Rowdy Roddy Piper who is overstepping his boundaries. AJ Styles cuts a promo saying he is coming for the XWF Cruiserweight Championship. Norman Smiley vs Johnny B Badd have one of the best matches of the night. The Nasty Boys are currently feuding with the Road Warriors and decide to sneak attack them as they are fighting the Shane Twins. In the main event, Curt Hennig beats Buff Bagwell with help from Bobby The Brain Heenan. Vampiro comes down the stooge on them. Hail then comes down to beat up Vampiro, prompting Piper to come with a chair and Rena Mero to follow. The show ends in chaos. Plus, the boys talk about the best tabletop games!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mooseinfants posted:

Flagship is way better with Rich on. Solo Joe was kinda weird this week. He also forced it a bit with his AEW rant I thought. Some decent points but I'll always go to bat for AEW doing 'WWE' things like can they coexist angles not being actually that bad because AEW doesn't do them constantly like WWE does.
Joe's rants are what turn me off from the Flagship, the guy sounds like a massive know it all/I told you so jagoff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apuYq3VIqmU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
His rant a few weeks ago about the softball questions at WWE's fake press conferences was great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Joe's rants are what turn me off from the Flagship, the guy sounds like a massive know it all/I told you so jagoff

I think at the end of the day this is the appeal of and what turns people off of the Flagship.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its very fun when he applies new york sports radio to poo poo i dont watch like the all japan junior tournament and annoying when he does it to poo poo i'm more correct about than him

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MassRafTer posted:

I think at the end of the day this is the appeal of and what turns people off of the Flagship.
Yeah I just find it grating, but understand the appeal

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Despite running Korakuen, the boys have produced An Pod (or maybe not dude)
got a very strange ad in this week's episode. sounded like a temp track for an advertisement for another podcast.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol my sister loved pretty pretty princess when we were kids so Tony unlocked a lot of memories this episode

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

tabletop segment goes off the rail holy. Im dying laughing here

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bryan and Tom watching Strowman/Ricochet botch:
https://streamable.com/5d4b7n

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

tabletop segment goes off the rail holy. Im dying laughing here

i thought johnny and pulse were going to explode

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kennel posted:

Bryan and Tom watching Strowman/Ricochet botch:
https://streamable.com/5d4b7n

Amazing :lol:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Poor Bryan, makes a point of avoiding all CM Punk discussion on podcasts for a week only to have the guy show up backstage at Raw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Arbite posted:

Poor Bryan, makes a point of avoiding all CM Punk discussion on podcasts for a week only to have the guy show up backstage at Raw.

Wait, what? Guess I better catch up on WOR!

Wasn't he supposed to be the headliner for AEW's new show :psyduck:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, what? Guess I better catch up on WOR!

Wasn't he supposed to be the headliner for AEW's new show :psyduck:

Yeah crazy story. Was briefly backstage at Raw before they kicked him out. Have no idea what he was thinking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, was this on air or was he just backstage visiting people before the show or something?

Edit: I'm currently listening to the Filthy Four show and I'm guessing this relates to Bryan saying,"I can't say what I just heard but.... what THE gently caress is going on!?!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just backstage and then apparently Vince made a phonecall to have him kicked out of the building

Dave is being cagey and lame about it because people keep coming for him about stuff so all he was willing to say was “I have my guess why he was there and people close to the situation have told me I’m spot on so my guess is spot on”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just backstage and then apparently Vince made a phonecall to have him kicked out of the building

Dave is being cagey and lame about it because people keep coming for him about stuff so all he was willing to say was “I have my guess why he was there and people close to the situation have told me I’m spot on so my guess is spot on”

That's Rovert levels lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shard posted:

That's Rovert levels lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's because if he says anything else about 20 grown men will have public meltdowns about it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the something awful forums aren’t public really

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's because if he says anything else about 20 grown men will have public meltdowns about it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/gatohmove_jp/status/1650846039971336192
https://twitter.com/ryota95288915/status/1650850609258721281
https://twitter.com/zuppasi_5884/status/1650849504340611073

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd assume Punk was there as a way to put pressure on Khan. "If you don't bring me back, I'll end up here" kind of thing

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I'd assume Punk was there as a way to put pressure on Khan. "If you don't bring me back, I'll end up here" kind of thing

"It worked for Cody, right?

...right?"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gaz-L posted:

The other most likely option is that he knows he's valuable enough to AEW that there's no reason he can't randomly say hello to Triple H or apologize to Miz or w/e if he wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The other most likely option is that he knows he's valuable enough to AEW that there's no reason he can't randomly say hello to Triple H or apologize to Miz or w/e if he wants to.

Tony doesn't really give a poo poo if people go backstage to WWE anyway.