Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pretty poo poo banlist that doesn’t actually do anything tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah either of these are very easily replaced.
its the most minor of hits.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
"Let's find out how Tier 0 we can get" - Master Duel's developers, probably

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Instant Fusion is by far the strongest card you can open in Tear. Hitting it doesn't stop the deck being Tier 0 but it does at least remove its strongest hands.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm prepared to be stuck playing against Tear through the next Duelist Cup, so I had zero expectations and am still disappointed.

Someone at Konami really loving loves Striker. Every time they put out a new banlist Striker gets something.

Tenki to 3 :toot:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I like that they're relaxing legacy hits on old archetypes. Might as well give them back a card at a time as long as they aren't suddenly dominating the ladder.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
For people who don't know, Tyler the Great Warrior is now up for auction, and within hours has already gotten up to $130k.

The most expensive Yu-GI-Oh card ever sold went for $335k USD (another one-of-a-kind card, an alternate art Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon), so that's the milestone to look to. After that, the most expensive Magic card was a $511k Black Lotus, and then the 'most expensive trading card' figures dip into the millions for sports trading cards and Pokemon.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I can finally play earth machines in the new event.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm honestly surprised by the diversity of the new event.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying out Verns with Ishizu and uh telefon but the deck is just not clicking with me. Are there agreed upon ratios for the Vern cards?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
The new event has shown me how out of practice I am at playing Master Duel. But at least I get to crack out Prank Kids again.

Edit: I havent opened any Tearlament packs. I am guessing they will be mostly relevant for a while even if they get nerfed? They seem very powerful. Should I use my gems on it?

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 23, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Salamangreat seems extremely well positioned in the event and close to free if you buy the best structure deck. Currently on a 10-game winning streak with this. Almiraj would be a reasonable inclusion but I'm not sure what I'd cut, double Heatleo has felt good as a way to replace Accesscode's removal duty. Same for Parallel Xceed which lets you go into Bagooska reliably but can be awkward with some hands.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 23, 2023

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Salamangreat seems extremely well positioned in the event and close to free if you buy the best structure deck. Currently on a 10-game winning streak with this. Almiraj would be a reasonable inclusion but I'm not sure what I'd cut, double Heatleo has felt good as a way to replace Accesscode's removal duty. Same for Parallel Xceed which lets you go into Bagooska reliably but can be awkward with some hands.

That being the structure deck explains the number of people summoning Splash mage and then getting stuck behind Miragestallio's fire type lock.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Salamangreat Miragestalio -> Transcode Talker -> Concede is certainly a popular line

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Welp, I think I may be quitting MD.

Been playing on iPad, had repeated crashes today even after a cache clear, so I figured I’d do a full reinstall… not realizing that that would be treated like creating a brand new account, and I forgot to write down my old one’s number.

So now I’m hoping that somehow Konami can restore it from the receipts of some gem packs I bought.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Touchdown Boy posted:

The new event has shown me how out of practice I am at playing Master Duel. But at least I get to crack out Prank Kids again.

Edit: I havent opened any Tearlament packs. I am guessing they will be mostly relevant for a while even if they get nerfed? They seem very powerful. Should I use my gems on it?

They were meta relevant in the ocg even after a banlist that would have ruined any other deck. They survived one list that had kitkallos banned, their field and 2 ishizu monsters to 1 and a semi limit on havnis, it really hurt their consistency but it remained very powerful.

It took until this april where the situation became: all ishizu monsters went to 1, all maindeck tears bar kashtira tearlament to 1, the field to 1 and a banned kitkallos.

That they werent tier 0 (a supermajority of top cut decks in events, though they got very close) is not because they werent powerful enough, but because the power level of the game had a massive bump from POTE (the set with sprights) onwards, and they had (slightly) unfavorable matchups with other meta decks.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 24, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They'll probably be faster to hit it in MD given that we have monthly banlists and very clear play data. It's a fun deck but it is extremely expensive and likely to take a big hit in one to three month's time.

e: I think part of the reason Spright can't compete as well as they did in the paper formats is that they lost some of their truly broken broken non-spright tools (Toadally, Union Carrier, Halq to some degree) before release.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It really can't be stressed enough how much the Melffy package does for Spright in the Tears matchup. Just had a very satisfying game going first, ending on a board of Elf + I:P Masquerena + Spright Carrot. Opponent summoned Havnis on my turn, but didn't hit anything to make plays with. They take their turn, start going through their plays, and at the earliest possible opportunity I make Herald of the Arc Light. They just keep going, using a Foolish Burial that ends up banishing a Kelbek. They end up going into combat, so at the end of their Main 1 I make my Avramax.

Unfortunately it doesn't show in the replay, but I can actually see one of their other Kelbek lift up, ready to attack, only for my opponent to realise they can only attack Avramax and promptly scoop.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Yeah, MD keep the power level tight and won’t hesitate to hit them down after the sales are over.

You might as well wait for Kash if you want to play the next best meta and not force yourself to play timeouttear.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Good to know, thanks everyone. I was looking at what else is in the packs and is Amazon a fun rogue deck or just bad? Some of the replays on youtube make it seen pretty good, but its very easy to give that impression if you are 1- a good player and 2 - play long enough to get some wins.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am disappointed Amazoness was made like a generic combat strategy deck than Mikanko.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Even with all of their hits, Tear are still seeing notable meta play in the OCG.

Behold, goons, the future that awaits you!

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Vandar posted:

Even with all of their hits, Tear are still seeing notable meta play in the OCG.

wittle guy turbo supremacy

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Widdle Guy is about to break the game with it's DUNE support.

They keep giving the deck more and more powerful support meanwhile the other decks from it's pack are just left to rot on the vine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vandar posted:

SUPERHEAVY SAMURAI LET'S FUCKIN GO

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gong Strong is proud

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I spent up all my UR to finally craft dinomorphia and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Dinos go brr.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sadly the new support has been picked apart for an essentially resource free 1 card L8 that can extend into L10 synchro engine.

Think adventurer but a little more resilient to interaction and can feed into other plays if it doesnt pan out
(And also sets your pendulum scales 1-8)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 25, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sadly the new support has been picked apart for an essentially resource free 1 card L8 that can extend into L10 synchro engine.

Think adventurer but a little more resilient to interaction and can feed into other plays if it doesnt pan out
(And also sets your pendulum scales 1-8)

Don't care will play superheated.

Also oh no I get to use one of my favorite archetypes as a powerful engine in other decks I like.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
And that's the event. I'm somehow not annoyed that nearly every deck I played against in my last minute grind was a long combo deck like Prank or Adamancipator, so I suppose I'd call Attribute 4 a success.

I did have a really funny game against Adamancipator where I went through the motions of my AW combo and then sacked their entire board with a phat 6000 atk Kurikara. Managed to get the OTK in before they could disconnect.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And like that SHS is gone from the OCG charts:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Flair posted:

It's still there it's just broken up into hybrid decks.

https://roadoftheking.com/ocg-2023-04-metagame-report-4/

quote:

3 Grass Superheavy Samurai Ishizu Vernusylph Adamancipator
3 Superheavy Samurai (2 Superheavy Samurai, 1 Bystial Superheavy Samurai)
1 Grass Superheavy Samurai Bystial Ishizu Lightsworn P.U.N.K. Necroface
1 Superheavy Samurai Orcust
1 Superheavy Samurai Raidrapter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah I did say it was broken down into an engine.
Still funny how tears are still being played a decent bit even after the most harsh of banlists barring a full deck ban ala Dragon Rulers.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 2, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flair posted:

It's an engine in...a lot of those decks and there's still pure builds being played in the other section lol.

Yeah I did say it was broken down into an engine.
Still funny how tears are still being played a decent bit even after the most harsh of banlists barring a full deck ban ala Dragon Rulers.

It's still a form of consistent interactions that most other decks cannot reply to every single one even with the hard limits to them. There's just so many good archetypes that play with them well that also like to be milled.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 2, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Meanwhile, DKayed had a best of three Master Duel tournament where all Ishizu cards were banned. The end result was a top 16 with thirteen different decks - Two Adamancipator, two Spright, two Swordsoul Tenyi, Despia Shaddoll, Eldlich, Exosister, Flowandereeze, Live Twin Spright, Madolche, Marincess, P.U.N.K., pure Swordsoul and Tearlaments. Exosister, Eldlich, Branded Shaddoll and Live Twin Spright were the top four.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah if konami should put anything on the forever banned list its the ishizu cards.
Or errata them to a pre-emptively lock you into EARTH Fairy

(cannot use its effect the same turn you summon a non-Earth Fairy/cant activate any effect except EARTH Fairy)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 3, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Or errata them to a pre-emptively lock you into EARTH Fairy

(cannot use its effect the same turn you summon a non-Earth Fairy/cant activate any effect except EARTH Fairy)
The new sleeper hit of the meta: Ishizu Madolche

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tear is still very good without the Ishizu cards. They're really the problem.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The ishizu cards are an immense force multiplier, and not just for tears! Theres a lot of decks that appreciate the mill and d.d. crow effects. Its also entirely what lets tears play on the opponents turn.

The deck was neck and neck with sprights but when ishizu released it was absolutely no contest.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sorry I meant the ishizu ones are really the problem because it's not like tears need them to be good but with them it's tear 0