Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

adaz posted:

Sure, great glad they got a pick swap and a couple 2nds for a guy who likely? will only play a year or two but also equally as likely with the RAGE will probably win the loving MVP knowing him.

Otoh gently caress the entire packer's FO for so thoroughly loving up this entire situation up you talentless hacks.

The second next year is pretty much guaranteed to become a first unless he misses a bunch of time due to injury. This is a great trade for GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

Maybe the Packers can tank Rodgers' value so much that they wind up having to throw in 15 overall to get the Jets to take him. :v:

Holy poo poo!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

The second next year is pretty much guaranteed to become a first unless he misses a bunch of time due to injury. This is a great trade for GB.

I mean that solely depends on how good Jordan Love is and or how you feel about aaron hoisting a superbowl trophy for the stupid jets but i'm not inclined to believe in anything this FO does wrt is aaron is particularly good considering they've hosed up literally everything about handling him over the last 5 years.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

adaz posted:

I mean that solely depends on how good Jordan Love is and or how you feel about aaron hoisting a superbowl trophy for the stupid jets but i'm not inclined to believe in anything this FO does wrt is aaron is particularly good considering they've hosed up literally everything about handling him over the last 5 years.

packers could go 1-16 and this is still a great trade

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

he's gone
it's over

we both know Jordan Love will be a Hall of Fame QB for the next 15 years

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Seems like a decent trade for both teams. Jets don't completely cripple themselves for a guy who will likely only play 1-2 more years. If they think Rodgers was their last piece to make a serious Super Bowl run, then they have their piece. If he doesn't work out, then they can reset in a couple years and try again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just me and 869 friends waiting for Tom Grossi’s stream to start in five minutes.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I think this is a win for the Packers. But I also think Rodgers' 40 year old body is gonna dive off a cliff this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jets made a mistake not doing the swap on next years' Packers first rounder. Coulda gone from Rodgers straight into Caleb.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

xbilkis posted:

Now I just need Aaron to fake an injury that keeps him out 36% of the season as one final act of spite against Green Bay's front office

If Rodgers is missing more than 1/3 of the season then that 2nd rounder next year is likely a high second.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is so loving funny that his career is an exact mirror of favre

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

It's official!! https://twitter.com/erikschlitt/status/1650599482734551048?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is so loving funny that his career is an exact mirror of favre

Kirk will leave the Vikings just in time for Aaron to get one last year in purple.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fishing with the fam posted:

I think this is a win for the Packers. But I also think Rodgers' 40 year old body is gonna dive off a cliff this year.

:agreed:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rodgers is going to wear number 8 with the Jets. :laffo:

He’s doomed. :sickos:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People were making GBS threads in the Packers but it seems like they got everything they wanted

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Kirk will leave the Vikings just in time for Aaron to get one last year in purple.

I want the Niners to trade for Kirk so the thread title can be changed to Kirk & Aaron Gone

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Schuster_Elias/status/1353488439832936454

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/1650604379659968534

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

R.D. Mangles posted:

he's gone
it's over

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So to complete the timeline he just needs to send dick pics to someone in the media and then defraud his home state.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
and lose a game for the vikings

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

R.D. Mangles posted:

well if there's one thing i can say about aaron rodgers it's that he is extremely annoying

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
FINALLY. Rot in hell New York you jackass

Alright, here were my pick predictions:

- March 7: "I'm guessing the return is pick #13 this year and a conditional fourth-rounder next year that can escalate up to the second-round based on performance."
- March 7: "I'm going to revise my earlier prediction: GB will only get #13 and a conditional 2024 mid-rounder if they also agree to keep a bunch of Rodgers' salary."
- March 14: "Elijah Moore, 3rd-rounder"

And a prediction from beat writer Tom Silverstein on March 15: "I'm thinking a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd that could be as high as a 1st next year depending on play-time or achievement in '23. Maybe a player thrown in."

And estimates from a survey of four league personnel execs by the Journal Sentinel on March 17:

- 2023 second or third-rounder and a 2024 conditional dependent on Rodgers not retiring
- 2023 second-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, and a player
- 2023 first-rounder and 2024 conditional dependent on making the playoffs
- 2023 third-rounder, better if the Packers take some of the cap hit

----------------

So, looking at the actual trade, it's a little tough to compare because we don't know if the Packers are keeping any of the Rodgers salary. Assuming they're not because that hasn't been mentioned in the reporting, though, I think this is a little worse for Green Bay than my first prediction and the second league personnel prediction, but better than the others. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this, and especially with the 2024 pick not being contingent on performance.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think the Packers did very well in the trade considering they did not want him back.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah they did better than I thought they would, considering the Jets had the leverage in being able to wait, knowing the Packers have to get rid of him, with no other team giving offers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Gonna get my jets’ Love jersey a few years early.

Also gonna need a new av.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

yeah they did better than I thought they would, considering the Jets had the leverage in being able to wait, knowing the Packers have to get rid of him, with no other team giving offers.

The jets not having a competent QB on their roster kind of killed any of that so called leverage they had

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How many times has Woody said that Rodgers was gonna be on the Jets?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Dexo posted:

Well, it was such a goofy situation because neither team gave themselves an out. The Packers could have theoretically kept a benched Rodgers but that would be extremely stupid, while the Jets could have traded up for one of the big four quarterbacks in this draft. It would've been pretty expensive since they weren't in the top 10 to begin with, but I'm not sure it would've cost more than that to get to, like, #7 or whatever. But they threw out all of their leverage by saying that Rodgers was the plan and signing his buddies.

So, both teams had all the leverage and none of the leverage. I did think the Jets could just wait the Packers out, but I guess not.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

The jets not having a competent QB on their roster kind of killed any of that so called leverage they had

They could wait until after the draft and closer to training camp, they were betting the Packers did not want to spike the chance to get picks this year. and generally have that specter hanging around into the Love torch passing.

Which was a correct bet. Packers ended up having to come closer to what the Jets were looking for.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

They could wait until after the draft and closer to training camp, they were betting the Packers did not want to spike the chance to get picks this year. and generally have that specter hanging around into the Love torch passing.

Which was a correct bet. Packers ended up having to come closer to what the Jets were looking for.

I guess I feel like the Packers got the better end of the trade is all, so I don't think they were the ones that broke first. A second this year + a (probable) first next year is pretty good for a 39 year old QB

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sounds like the Packers may be eating some of Rodger’s future money as well, so they may have been willing to trade some cap space this and next year to get more value in picks.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Abugadu posted:

Gonna get my jets’ Love jersey a few years early.

Also gonna need a new av.

Yeah, same. My first and only av gifted to me by Soothing Vapors (rip).

Man if he thought he was treated badly by the Green Bay press.

Are there any good receivers in the draft? If there is, Comedy Option says Packers draft him at #13 because Love Needs Weapons.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Are there any good receivers in the draft? If there is, Comedy Option says Packers draft him at #13 because Love Needs Weapons.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba is far and away the best WR prospect with a fairly significant gap between him and the second tier (Flowers, Addison, Q. Johnson, Hyatt).

Given that the pick swap involved going from 15 to 13, notably leapfrogging New England in the process, I think it's suddenly much, much more likely the Packers take JSN.

That said, the TEs are much better prospects than the WRs we have this season, so there's also a pretty strong chance the Packers just take someone like Myles Murphy or Lukas Van Ness and then takes TE on day 2.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If Rodgers is good, they probably didn't get the better of the trade. outside of generally "getting rid of guy everyone hates". Probably a push, maybe favoring the Jets, unless Love is also good.

If he sucks or is mid and completely falls off, then yeah fleeced.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Not really, but TE is loaded

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

If Rodgers is good, they probably didn't get the better of the trade. outside of generally "getting rid of guy everyone hates". Probably a push, maybe favoring the Jets, unless Love is also good.

If he sucks or is mid and completely falls off, then yeah fleeced.

I mean I feel like that’s how QB trades go. Really good or really bad.

No inbetween

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Packers drafting exceptional wideouts the moment that Rodgers leaves would truly be a humorous turn of events.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

In the 2023 Goon Draft, we're finishing up the fourth round. I was drafting for the Packers and selected the following:

#15: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State University
#45: Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
#78: Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
#116: Quan Martin, S, Illinois

If I had picks #13 and #42, I still would've grabbed JSN for #13, and I would've added Will McDonald IV (EDGE, Iowa State) with the extra pick at #42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

the real funny part is if like mid point of the season, they are bad, and disappointing, and then they like sit Rodgers for the rest of the year to make sure they kept that first. lol Zach Wilson.