Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

nom epique delenda est.

is that dude australian or at least posts all those threads during the night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the best description i've read of gbs is that its the forum where unfunny posters workshop their gimmicks and end up banned from posting anywhere else except for gbs... and mega threads about current events

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gbs has critterquest and the crab thread. good threads, imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
there was one guy, design spots or something like that, who fits the description of nom epique and I wonder if they're the same dude.

I used to just gas threads and use the modnote section to count them up. it would be like 15+ threads a day

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
why is synthy in a posting halfway-house to begin with

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

You wrote violent fan fiction about an employee of this website and his family. Your anger was understandable, but even given that, this is beyond inappropriate. Congrats on becoming the "my knife is lonely" guy.

If any other poster had made this post, you'd be right there insisting they be permabanned, and you'd be right. It is hard to imagine FYAD without Synthy in it, but I can't have anyone who could make posts like this around. I'm upholding the rest of the 30 days and locking you in FYAD and Imp Zone. I did not spend all that time and effort making sure there was a FYAD just to permaban the regulars, but if you ever post anything this psycho again, I will. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it started because synthy jokingly told me to die in the technical forum and got banned + 30 and i didnt find out about it until much later because i been banned for calling astral a dumbass. and it escalated from there. free synthy

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Heath posted:

Because I stopped posting there after a specific user would respond to my posts and write up an essay about why my Magic opinions were wrong every time I posted and I'd mysteriously get probed and when I PMed the recently banished freak mod of TG asking why I was getting punished for otherwise benign posts I got told I was "sucking the air out of the room" with no further elaboration

I only posted in the commander thread so what you're telling me is I got reported four times in one thread that I stopped posting in at least 6 months ago about a card game, which isn't much better

I mean, to clarify, the report forum goes back to 2014, and those are the only 4 reports for you in there (from TG.) You made it sound like you still post there and every post you make gets reported and that's not true. It honestly just sounds like you're trying to inflame the thread over a stupid MtG posting grudge and I'd rather this thread not get used for that poo poo again, Mr. Leon S Twentennedy!

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 24, 2023

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

HonorableTB posted:

He trolled the astral ban wave thread but not in a way that made astral reflex ban him immediately and so he had to be made an example of when it was realized he had gotten away with it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The mtg thread sucks and should probably be gassed tbh

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

I mean, to clarify, the report forum goes back to 2014, and those are the only 4 reports for you in there (from TG.) You made it sound like you still post there and every post you make gets reported and that's not true. It honestly just sounds like you're trying to inflame the thread over a stupid MtG posting grudge and I'd rather this thread not get used for that poo poo again, Mr. Leon S Twentennedy!

Thanks for clarifying

Would hate to see an alright subforum get targeted over years old posting grudges

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Runa posted:

Thanks for clarifying

Would hate to see an alright subforum get targeted over years old posting grudges

I'd prefer to see less dumping on ADTRW and BYOB for existing, too, but I haven't seen that crop up in this iteration of the thread yet. Now, Pet Island? gently caress those mutants.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ADTRW ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a correct silence regarding BYOB

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I only ever watch giant robot shows but ADTRW has good recs for giant robot shows.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Boba Pearl posted:

See I used to think this was a massive own, and then I got someone obsessed with me, and now I realize how offputting it is.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to or name names but this is something that should really be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later given the recent problem(s) with weirdo obsessive types.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'd prefer to see less dumping on ADTRW and BYOB for existing, too, but I haven't seen that crop up in this iteration of the thread yet. Now, Pet Island? gently caress those mutants.

thread's been kinda tending toward kibitzing about SAD current events which I guess is the eventual fate of all sagas threads but lol that it only took like a week on this one

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

I only ever watch giant robot shows but ADTRW has good recs for giant robot shows.

Whenever I hear about an anime I have to check two things:

1) The premise is bugnuts ridiculous
2) There's giant robots.

Depending on how many of those criteria are met will likely dictate if I bother watching it. (Also why I watched Gundam Build Fighters and Try and Build Divers or whatever the video game one was)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

watch vinland saga it rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
been hearing the narrator from kaiji ultimate survivor whenever forum drama starts happening it rules

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Build Fighters is the one that's like a sports anime about Gundam models, right? I watched a few episodes of that and it was agreeably nuts

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Games made me watch Revue Starlight and it's ace

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the games feedback thread caused a mod to watch anime therefore feedback threads are aids

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

the games feedback thread caused a mod to watch anime therefore feedback threads are aids

anime is good. stfu

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu

this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
imploring everyone in this thread to watch Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

17:28 butt slapping continues

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

Build Fighters is the one that's like a sports anime about Gundam models, right? I watched a few episodes of that and it was agreeably nuts

There’s also a sequel called Build Divers, it’s silly if you can stomach 30min unadulterated toy commercials.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

does it hurt their hands when they slap the robot butts

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

a correct silence regarding BYOB

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

SirSamVimes posted:

I thought we'd grown out of "lol anime is bad" sometime in the mid-2010s.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

haha what posted:

That idiot in GBS

I was convinced for the longest time that idiot was a gimmick but nope!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

pentyne posted:

see that's not a giant robot show so I stayed out of that thread

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

U guys rlly need to run out fluffdaddy lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu