Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1650617552010362880?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If you're gonna hire a current/former spurs assistant try to poach Becky Hammon or Brett, not hosed up power dynamic guy...better to lose in heaven with Borrego than win in hell with Ime.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

During negotiations Udoka reportedly didn’t ask for more money, instead opting to request James Harden’s little black book from his time in the city.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

During negotiations Udoka reportedly didn’t ask for more money, instead opting to request James Harden’s little black book from his time in the city.

Hosted a get-together with all the owners and even bought drinks for their wives!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If you're gonna hire a current/former spurs assistant try to poach Becky Hammon or Brett, not hosed up power dynamic guy...better to lose in heaven with Borrego than win in hell with Ime.

sorry she's too busy leading a dynasty in vegas :cool:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DC Murderverse posted:

Real holy grail is Watson's massage therapist rolodex as far as Houston sports artifacts go.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

bornbytheriver posted:

Is it known on what play Fox fractured his finger?

As for the Warriors, they can be described in 2 words:

This play seems to be the consensus

https://twitter.com/brendennunesnba/status/1650587912768196608?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Freak accident on a half assed layup after the whistle was blown already

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dexo posted:

Real holy grail is Watson's massage therapist rolodex as far as Houston sports artifacts go.

That one doesn't work, Watson flew women in from other states but hey ask his fans and that doesn't mean anything it's not like he was trying to say keep people from warning each other

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

TheKevman posted:

They'll have home court vs the Lakers :smug:

Good thinking

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Mr. F! posted:

Good thinking

Hey I'm onboard, but knowing my luck, I've cursed them. The last basketball game I went to was 6/19/16 which we don't talk about. The only game I went to that entire season :laugh:

I put $100 on them at the start of the playoffs at 10:1 to win it all, and the possible finals game 7 day is 6/18 which is the due date for my first kid and also fathers day.

In the ideal world, I'm streaming Dubs/ECF in my left hand, holding my wife's right, and Steph nails the game winner as I hear our son come out, winning me $1,000 on fathers day, screaming for all kinds of reasons.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is a weird time as an nba podcast listener cuz there's like like 5 new pods a day that immediately become obsolete the next day
Can't keep up with this bullshit

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
STILL have nba media guys going "I thought if X team had won that game 4 leading 2-1, they would win the series"
oh really?! Wow!!! Magic Johnson thought is more influential than we know.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

kingcobweb posted:

Sorry to be The Guy Linking Reddit but this was an interesting post finding an “asterisk” for every NBA title. Obviously, some are more of a stretch than others. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/oq4dkv/oc_lets_give_an_asterisk_to_every_nba_champion/

“2010 LA Lakers: Kendrick Perkins got injured.”

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

“2010 LA Lakers: Kendrick Perkins got injured.”

A better one would have been “Kobe should have been in prison.” Or, Lakers somehow attempted 37 free throws while making 27 shots in game 7, somehow winning a game with .349 eFG%. Joey Crawford and Scott Foster as two of the refs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Congratulations to Finnish disc golf enthusiast Lauri Markkanen.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

kingcobweb posted:

Sorry to be The Guy Linking Reddit but this was an interesting post finding an “asterisk” for every NBA title. Obviously, some are more of a stretch than others. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/oq4dkv/oc_lets_give_an_asterisk_to_every_nba_champion/

All i got out of that whole thread.

"Willis Reed was out with a knee injury before the series began, Knicks big man Dave DeBusschere was forced into limited minutes due to an injury while guarding Wilt which led to no one left on the Knicks being able to content rebounds, and guard Earl Monroe was playing injured for the Knicks. Fun fact, Wilt broke his wrist in game 4 and still played game 5 posting a stat line of loving 24/29/8/8."

This right here,everyone was f'ing injured but Wilt still played! So current players not playing get some freaking uppers,ludes and 20,000 forget-me-nots and get in the game!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

kingcobweb posted:

A better one would have been “Kobe should have been in prison.” Or, Lakers somehow attempted 37 free throws while making 27 shots in game 7, somehow winning a game with .349 eFG%. Joey Crawford and Scott Foster as two of the refs.

Yeah this game and of course the Kings/Lakers game will forever be burned in my head.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Metapod posted:

Reggie is a fresh breeze of positivity in a basketball world of constant negativity

During a nets sixers game after Royce o Neal got fouled reggie miller said “This game is sponsored by Starry, and now Royce O’Neal is SEEING stars!” He actually said this

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This is ending up to be another comically bad trade by the Bulls front office.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1650637019465302016

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Algund Eenboom posted:

During a nets sixers game after Royce o Neal got fouled reggie miller said “This game is sponsored by Starry, and now Royce O’Neal is SEEING stars!” He actually said this

sierra missed but her aim is getting better

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Algund Eenboom posted:

Honestly, yeah Reggie is probably growing on me more than I initially thought. Probably a Bill Walton-esque scenario where
1) I grew numb to the stuff I absolutely hated about them
2) They leaned the gently caress into whatever hokey lane they feel most comfortable in

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

I don't have access to all the stuff (or know how to use it like some of you here) but IF the warriors finish the Kings and advance and IF the Lakers finish the grizz and advance, that'd be the first time in my 25ish years of paying attention to basketball that I can remember a 6 seed having homecourt.

Others?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

TheKevman posted:

I don't have access to all the stuff (or know how to use it like some of you here) but IF the warriors finish the Kings and advance and IF the Lakers finish the grizz and advance, that'd be the first time in my 25ish years of paying attention to basketball that I can remember a 6 seed having homecourt.

Others?

That's a good question. The lowest I can find is 5-seed Utah in 1994 when they played 8-seed Denver in the 2nd round.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

I should also add that the Kings fabled DHO offense has been largely nullified with both the Warriors scheme and Huerter and (formerly) Keegan shooting like hot garbo

Didn’t they lose the last game by 1 point and score 125, on the road? that doesn’t seem like a neutralized offense or a super worrying development

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

Didn’t they lose the last game by 1 point and score 125, on the road? that doesn’t seem like a neutralized offense or a super worrying development

Fox put up 38 and Keegan finally busted out of his slump. The offense definitely isn't firing as well as it did in the regular season and Fox has been putting up some stellar numbers in some of the games to compensate. If Fox is out for game 5 or even hampered they don't have the free flowing Sabonis hub offense to compensate. Or maybe Brown can scheme it back into existence but those DHO points haven't been there so far

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know I crap talk a lot of (non SAS posting) Warriors fans but I will take a moment to empathize because they have stuff like this pumped into their brains
https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/1650593369180221440

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 25, 2023

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

The Maestro posted:

This play seems to be the consensus

https://twitter.com/brendennunesnba/status/1650587912768196608?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Freak accident on a half assed layup after the whistle was blown already

God drat it

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I know I crap talk a lot of (non SAS posting) Warriors fans but I will take a moment to empathize because they have stuff like this pumped into their brains
https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/1650593369180221440

His finger went back and to the left, back and to the left!

:argh: Rich Paul!!! :argh:

e: my god, I'm rewatching it again and I just...holy gently caress. At first, I thought he meant clutch like breaking news but then when I realized he meant klutch I was just like...no please don't do this....

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 25, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Has anyone seen Rich Paul and George Soros in the same room??

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Has anyone seen Rich Paul and George Soros in the same room??

:laugh: :laugh:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

haruspicy posted:

How good was Grant Hill?

he was supposed to be the next michael jordan. the chosen one

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Niwrad posted:

This is ending up to be another comically bad trade by the Bulls front office.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1650637019465302016

I was really bummed when the Cavs included him in the trade for Mitchell. Not enough to think it was a bad decision, but still bummed. He had a good summer at the FIBA World Cup too, if I remember correclty.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Grant Hill without injuries would have had an amazing career. At least as good as the one Kidd had. Best guy on a team that can make it to the finals. He averaged 20, 10 and 7 in freaking 1995-96 when games were played in quicksand compared to today. Awesome dunker too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls are becoming one of those teams where they draft a guy who immediately becomes pretty good as soon as he leaves, can't wait to see Dalen Terry win Sixth Man of the Year in 6 years on the Pacers or whatever.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Grant Hill acted the gently caress out of this commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xFC4prewpY

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

bulls are becoming one of those teams where they draft a guy who immediately becomes pretty good as soon as he leaves, can't wait to see Dalen Terry win Sixth Man of the Year in 6 years on the Pacers or whatever.

Coby White is going to become as good a player as Coby White thinks he is.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Algund Eenboom posted:

jeff van gundy: starry? back in my day we called it sierra mist
mark jackson: with all due respect i would rather be drinking a barq's
mike breen: america's going to be drinking one as Bang the root beer barrel with a step back three

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
oh my god, kyle anderson is out because of friendly fire??

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

Grant Hill acted the gently caress out of this commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xFC4prewpY

Larry Bird coaching years?

Pistons still won the Hill Fry Distraction Game by 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

oh my god, kyle anderson is out because of friendly fire??

Ant needs teammate blood