Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

a person or political group that commits horrible acts through incompetence, their religion, or thinking it’s for the greater good is less ontologically evil than an entity that knows the horrible acts they commit are evil but does so anyways because they believe it will allow them to keep, secure, or grow their power

If I had to choose between death by crushing or death by quartering, I would consider which method reflects less poorly on my murderer.

More importantly, the conversation about the craft beer industry was interesting, I don't pay much attention to it and it sounds like there's going to be a big crunch soon? I wonder what the towns that made them a big part of their identity will move to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Chakan posted:

If I had to choose between death by crushing or death by quartering, I would consider which method reflects less poorly on my murderer.
right, if the outcome is the same then what is the difference?

but even by some folk’s “lesser evil” standards I wouldn’t consider the person pointing out “this is evil” and then killing me anyways to somehow be the lesser evil in all of this. at least the guy killing me because it makes their god happy didn’t loving ask me to donate and put me on a calling list.

edit:

No Dignity posted:

We have two whole forums to do this slapfight out in, do it there

telling someone to complain about liberalism in the D&D forum is the SA version of entrapment

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 24, 2023

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We have two whole forums to do this slapfight out in, do it there

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

New DeSantis clip just dropped

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1650445614486892547?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

god he's so anti-charismatic.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

His whole affect is like a homophobic impersonation of gimself

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

this is what I imagine James quall would look like doing a trump impression

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

imhotep posted:

this is what I imagine James quall would look like doing a trump impression

thank you for the new invasive thought

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm not a candidate, man!

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Oh I read that headline too fast and thought maybe he was going to run for President of Japan.

Then I had the thought that I hope he serves in the same way as Shinzo Abe.

Then I realized he was making this face for some reason:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

He's using the cover of a diplomatic visit to investigate Disney Japan for his fight against the mouse I'm sure of it. When Ron learns about Twisted Wonderland he's gonna have a bad time!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

No Dignity posted:

His whole affect is like a homophobic impersonation of gimself

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

thank you for the new invasive thought
When I was a kid, a cheesy old song called "Big Bad John" was on the radio a lot. Every time DeSantis is in the news, "Big Gay Ron" pops into my head.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Tucker Carlson out at Fox. Don Lemon out at CNN. Both effective immediately. Wild.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lol

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1650540602977660931?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao

Halloween Jack posted:

When I was a kid, a cheesy old song called "Big Bad John" was on the radio a lot. Every time DeSantis is in the news, "Big Gay Ron" pops into my head.

and a hearty lol here as well

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

you can't be a loser if you never play the game. :mmmsmug:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Boywhiz88 posted:

Tucker Carlson out at Fox. Don Lemon out at CNN. Both effective immediately. Wild.

Yeah what happened here exactly

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

Yeah what happened here exactly

Don Lemon said Nikki Haley isn't fuckable because she's too old, therefore she's a bad candidate for political office.

Tucker Carlson was probably part of the reason Fox News had to shell out $775 million for defaming Dominion voting systems. That settlement came almsot immediately after a judge ruled Fox was hiding emails that were pertinent to the case and ordered them to release them, so maybe it went beyond that case to Tucker saying some super damaging poo poo in the hidden emails.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Don Lemon said Nikki Haley isn't fuckable because she's too old, therefore she's a bad candidate for political office.

Tucker Carlson was probably part of the reason Fox News had to shell out $775 million for defaming Dominion voting systems. That settlement came almsot immediately after a judge ruled Fox was hiding emails that were pertinent to the case and ordered them to release them, so maybe it went beyond that case to Tucker saying some super damaging poo poo in the hidden emails.
Dominion has said that his employment was not a stipulation of the settlement

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dominion has said that his employment was not a stipulation of the settlement

Yeah, but the shareholders are revolting against the Murdochs right now over the mismanagement that led to lawsuit and there are other lawsuits in the pipeline. Smartmantic has a similarly-sized case ready to go to court soon.

It's likely Tucker is just the first to go and Bartiromo and Pirro will also get shitcanned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, but the shareholders are revolting against the Murdochs right now over the mismanagement that led to lawsuit and there are other lawsuits in the pipeline. Smartmantic has a similarly-sized case ready to go to court soon.

It's likely Tucker is just the first to go and Bartiromo and Pirro will also get shitcanned.
It’s possible, but at this point it’s unclear

I just find it odd that his firing was this sudden

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I won't pretend to understand anything about the corporate maneuvers, and can only guess wildly: Does this mean Fox News is going to establish some standards vis a vis the right-wing crazysphere? I don't mean that they're going to lead the nation back to George F. Will conservatism, just that they might have to do some vetting before they let YouTube lunatics on the air to scream actionable things. It seems like if there's no barrier between cable news and social media, there's no reason to watch cable news. (I would add "Unless you're old and it's what you're used to," but Boomers are Extremely Online now.)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Maybe he refused to do an on-air retraction :shrug:

He's also got a lawsuit over sexism in the workplace, so there's another possible thing that could have sunk him.

Edit: Here we go

https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1650541110945624076

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 24, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I hope whatever happens next in right wing media is very funny

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Early in my career a customer saw a cockroach in one of our restaurants and complained to public health. The inspector ordered the restaurant to close for cleaning, and this got picked up in the local newspapers. A month later the manager was fired for 'unrelated' reasons.

I am 100% sure Tucker was fired for embarassing his bosses and costing them money.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It could plausibly be for the sexual harassment stuff because Fox has already had major problems in the past courtesy of Roger Ailes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

net work error posted:

I hope whatever happens next in right wing media is very funny

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Inconveniencing the Murdochs seems the most likely way someone of that prominence gets fired there. However, he had a guest lined up for today and everything today, so if he was fired for embarrassing the Murdochs, it must have been a specific thing he did recently. Maybe. Who the hell knows?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 25, 2023

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I suspect it's a combo of more/worse messages existing somewhere that could bring new trouble upon the company, and that management may have tried to rein in their stars, only for Tucker to have a bitchfest, threaten to go back to theDaily Caller, and having his bluff immediately called.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dr Christmas posted:

Inconveniencing the Murdochs seems the most likely way someone of that prominence gets fired there. Howver, he had a guest lined up for today and everything today, so if he was fired for embarrassing the Murdochs, it must have been a specific thing he did recently. Maybe. Who the hell knows?

Somebody on Twitter had the theory that when Matt Walsh’s twitter got hacked his DMs were leaked to someone and are about to be released, and they include Tucker saying something truly heinous. Which would explain the timing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Somebody on Twitter had the theory that when Matt Walsh’s twitter got hacked his DMs were leaked to someone and are about to be released, and they include Tucker saying something truly heinous. Which would explain the timing.
I feel like that is more plausible than the other two explanations that have come out so far, which are-

-That it was partially because of all the poo poo-talking he did about his bosses in the emails from the Dominion lawsuit. However, those have been known about for some time now so I doubt that this is a major reason

-That it's related to a somewhat more recent lawsuit against Fox by an ex-employee claiming that Fox had a culture of sexual harassment. Another Fox News producer was also fired today related to this suit. But I have not heard anything specific that implicated Tucker himself yet.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I won't pretend to understand anything about the corporate maneuvers, and can only guess wildly: Does this mean Fox News is going to establish some standards vis a vis the right-wing crazysphere? I don't mean that they're going to lead the nation back to George F. Will conservatism, just that they might have to do some vetting before they let YouTube lunatics on the air to scream actionable things. It seems like if there's no barrier between cable news and social media, there's no reason to watch cable news. (I would add "Unless you're old and it's what you're used to," but Boomers are Extremely Online now.)

There's been a divide forming for a while between fox and the far right. Fox is too pot committed to entertain some super far right ideas, they can't piss off sponsors and have legal liability, which gives an advantage to facebook groups and smaller outlets like oann which can get away with more blatant disinformation and calls to violence.

Vaccines and election/jan 6th denial turned a lot of the crazies against them. Once you've had the injected heroin of social media telling you exactly what you want to hear, the glass pipe of corporate media doesn't hit the same any more.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

god he's so anti-charismatic.

https://twitter.com/daviddoel/status/1650138206262681600?s=20

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

lmao why do people keep thinking right wing pundits are secretly whispering Epstein tier poo poo with each other all the time? everything we’ve seen with dominion and Alex Jones seems to indicate that their communications boil down to talking about how loving dumb their audience are, and getting ghosted.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Automata 10 Pack posted:

lmao why do people keep thinking right wing pundits are secretly whispering Epstein tier poo poo with each other all the time? everything we’ve seen with dominion and Alex Jones seems to indicate that their communications boil down to talking about how loving dumb their audience are, and getting ghosted.

Because they are all weird perverts, OP

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

selec posted:

Because they are all weird perverts, OP
yeah but their perversions are usually hierarchical in nature. they either get their child sacrifices through their billionaire benefactors or they hit on teenagers directly. the conservative punditverse aren’t hanging around the water cooler talking about their adrenochrome parties.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
yeah unless like matt walsh and michael knowles are just directly communicating with each other over email about their plans to go check out the new exceptional 7 year old boy that they hope to purchase, what are you going to find in there that's worse than the poo poo they say on twitter several times a day? even if they were somehow more mask off in private there's not much they could do that would make their audience think they've gone too far

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you don't get rid of your biggest (?) star/moneymaker because they pissed you off or cost you money, you get rid of them because they're going to cost you more money in the future than the money they bring in.

sad to say, but lurking sexual harassment allegations isn't enough for that. it's gotta be something huge.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 25, 2023

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Today I caught an earful of the beginning of Gutfeld! and he actually started off with a monologue about Elon Musk’s checkmark shenanigans and how he was epically trolling the libs, and it was dire.

It started with him mentioning in a span of less than ten seconds the border, Afghanistan, and Bud Light. There was a statement of how Bud Light is now represented “by this,” followed by some picture that was meant to be elicit ridicule, anger, and/or disgust. I didn’t see what, I was in another room, but that’s as the vibe I got. Audience was quiet.

A roast of Patton Oswalt. ”Another (celebrity who insisted they didn’t pay for the checkmark) was human stool sample Patton Oswalt, remember him? I don’t.”
That was it, that was the roast. Wow. Epic.

Someone says the checkmark is like the Scarlet Letter. Um don’t you know that it’s blue :rolleyes:

The audience was even more sedate than usual.

So relating it to things the Chapos have been talking about, we have conservatives getting too mad to tell jokes, an old friend of the show, and right wingers looking increasingly alien to normal people trying to get them to care about insane bullshit. My dad isn’t on social media, he just doesn’t want stuff put out there and doesn’t get why anyone would. What does he get out of this? He sometimes laments hearing about something my sisters did from one of his friends who saw one of their instagram posts before hearing it from my sisters, so why is he sparing a single thought to a 30-second instagram post by a trans woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1650614777591283712?s=46&t=7G9A9zMuDzuVHQGXlr_vdQ

what a chad, I’ve always thought that if I have to get out of a pickle and fake my own death, what would my new identity look like.. it would look like this guy

imhotep fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 25, 2023