Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I haven't listened yet but I heard her latest episode is quite good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I've enjoyed all her eps! I thought they were like Mike and Omar when they take out the garbage

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I'm blinded by my love of her Candyman, but I also think she's a good guest.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm blinded by my love of her Candyman, but I also think she's a good guest.

I liked her Candyman a lot too and it’s annoying she got immediately sucked into doing some marvel movie

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Drunkboxer posted:

I liked her Candyman a lot too and it’s annoying she got immediately sucked into doing some marvel movie

Yeah, I don't think Disney is gonna let her do cool interstitial shadow puppets in The Marvels.

Because they're dumb like that.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

the life cycle of all great new directors

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Just caught up with the Moana episode and had a hearty lol when they said nothing would top the Oscars moment when La La Land and Moonlight got mixed up. If only they knew

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Check this out. Search through Blank Check episodes!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

Just caught up with the Moana episode and had a hearty lol when they said nothing would top the Oscars moment when La La Land and Moonlight got mixed up. If only they knew

But did consider the coconut.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TychoCelchuuu posted:

My dream of making a ten hour "all-box-office-game" supercut is now growing ever closer.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

YggiDee posted:

My dream of making a ten hour "all-box-office-game" supercut is now growing ever closer.

Oh god yes

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Not quite the same thing but they do have an all box office game Patreon episode.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TychoCelchuuu posted:

drat, i need this for every podcast

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
20 min in and David is screaming at Griff about Steve Jobs so this might just be a great episode.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I love angry David, he also ripped Ben a new one on the Olympics episode over some nonsense about who invented rock and punk or whatever

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
3 hours of Sorkin chat, good god.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God and I was already in the Steve Jobs is good camp but now I want to rewatch it again.

Also I love the line "We showed a lot of happy people drinking Pepsi. We didn't say the world was going to end if you bought a Dr. Pepper!"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod/status/1649416592457969665

Pretty excited to see how they'll tackle this!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Haha Podcast Jr. Perfection.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Good timing with them all on the criterion channel.

I wonder how discussions on all the racist portrayals will go: blackface, minstrel, pro confederate movie. Obviously it’s part of its time being in the 1920s and 30s, but two friends are not always the most deft with such matters. But maybe it’s easier since they are such old movies.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
They had a practice run with that stuff recently via Avatar 2, featuring blueface, a white guy with dreads, etc.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Finally watched 127 hours. Gotta agree that this probably plays better in theaters. At home you are kind of waiting for the arm to go. Parts felt padded like the fake rain escape. But some solid music though and cool visual style.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite part of T2: Trainspotting is the part where it references the original Trainspotting.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1650163487979569154?t=RV5JTPTNxt09rJO2cgBU4g&s=19

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
So the one guy's bit is he does an intentionally (?) bad British accent on and off?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Human Tornada posted:

So the one guy's bit is he does an intentionally (?) bad British accent on and off?

They mention it briefly near the start, it's Shaun Diston's character Sprague from Comedy Bang Bang and then when they started the Scott Hasn't Seen podcast for some reason they decided that he would be the co-host in character. So I guess he just sat down to do a movie podcast and decided it was more natural to do his character, but like they said after an hour or so of discussion it starts to slip. You can especially hear it drop when he's actually trying to say something thoughtful.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that was strange.

The Oz bit was great though and the gang talked me into likes T2 more than I thought I liked it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The accent bit was dumb but I did get a good laugh when he asked David “what road” in Britain he’s from.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

As someone who has listened to hours and hours of Scott Hasn't Seen, I didn't even think about the fact that a lot of people are being introduced to Sprague for the first time ever now.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Scott

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Train Spotterman

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah it's pretty hard to believe the improv character of "Sprague" isn't a household name by now.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't like him. I know Blank Check is no stranger to bits that go on too long but it just felt too long even for them

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 26, 2023

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
you would never survive out there

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

checkplease posted:

Good timing with them all on the criterion channel.

I wonder how discussions on all the racist portrayals will go: blackface, minstrel, pro confederate movie. Obviously it’s part of its time being in the 1920s and 30s, but two friends are not always the most deft with such matters. But maybe it’s easier since they are such old movies.

Just watched Three Ages and had a great time with it, except for one very unfortunate very racist gag. I’m guessing there will be a lot of this throughout the series, I haven’t really watched any Keaton outside of a few scenes.

Last National Bank was a serious lol moment though

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 26, 2023

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Listening to some old episodes and the automated ad thing is kind of a bummer, I’m getting almost exclusively scummy political ads paid for by Uber

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yesterday sounds like a total drug trip of a movie. And David losing his mind was very funny.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

algebra testes posted:

Yesterday sounds like a total drug trip of a movie. And David losing his mind was very funny.

It should have been. It ends up being mostly boring.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

David screaming about the timeline fuckery was more interesting than just about anything in the actual movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah Yesterday is definitely not that wild. It just makes no sense.

Ben's "Why didn't he just invent cigarettes?? got me good