Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmfao

What a collapse by the bolts hahahahhaahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Go Leafs Go chant in Tampa.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
lmao bolts

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
oh just a minor, that's a bit easier to overcome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's now legal to end Makar's season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

GIORDANO TO KERFOOT

Exactly as I quietly predicted to myself!!!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Lmao these bolts fan close-ups are magic

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lame as hell

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

What a moment for Kerf to get his first non-garbage point since Montreal

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
cool call there

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Scheifele dead. Now what?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Nope don’t like that.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Absurd comeback. :wtc:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
See, now that hit by Makar was well late and the puck was out of play.

Still only 2min.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

trap sprong

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Hey, lightning. Guess what? IT WAS 4-1

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
asking as someone who barely follows hockey, do the leafs finally have It

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Escape Goat posted:

trap sprong

Love the ping.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

skeletons! posted:

Yes, this is an insurmountable lead that they cannot lose

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

skeletons! posted:

A 3-1 series lead? Teams win those over 90% of the time.

I am not taking further questions.

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yes, this is an insurmountable lead that they cannot lose

oh right, lmao

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

skeletons! posted:

Is Lucy finally gonna let Charlie Brown kick that football?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

aejix posted:

Lmao these bolts fan close-ups are magic

Then they have to go back to their homes and continue to live in Florida.

I’m so sick of Tampa winning poo poo. I might hate the Leafs, but if they have to be the ones to knock the Bolts out, so be it.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Seems like the NHL has a very strong incentive here for the Kraken to just headhunt MacKinnon to win the series. It's only a 2 minute minor to intentionally smash the opposing team's leading scorer's head into the boards 40 feet away from the puck.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Makar getting swarmed

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

waffle enthusiast posted:

Tampa has them right where they want them.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

DancingMachine posted:

Seems like the NHL has a very strong incentive here for the Kraken to just headhunt MacKinnon to win the series. It's only a 2 minute minor to intentionally smash the opposing team's leading scorer's head into the boards 40 feet away from the puck.

This sort of thing happens every year. Gourde dropped the gloves and punched Byram in the back of the head, which given his concussion history could end his career if he gets another one soon, Makar responds a minute later by laying a heavy hit on McCann, etc. either the refs will get it under control or it'll get pretty chippy

anyone who has watched any tape would know that avs have been getting incredibly aggressive whenever anyone targets byram's head this year

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

waffle enthusiast posted:

I hope so 🙂

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
can the other avalanche team please start playing

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

makar making some friends in seattle

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I didn't see the play, was it dirty?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
it was late, puck went out of play but ref didn't blow the whistle, makar probably didn't see that the puck went out of play and mccann very obviously did and didn't prepare for being checked, got hit hard into the boards and took a good amount of time to get back to his feet

initially called a 5 minute interference, reduced to 2 minutes after video review

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Withnail posted:

I didn't see the play, was it dirty?

I wouldn’t call it dirty per se. You 100% expect a bump there in that situation. But it was definitely roughing.

fermun posted:

initially called a 5 minute interference, reduced to 2 minutes after video review

You can’t really do anything with that info though. The refs are apparently being told to hedge because you can review majors, but not minors. So they just go with the major. It’s really dumb.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 25, 2023

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

fermun posted:

This sort of thing happens every year. Gourde dropped the gloves and punched Byram in the back of the head, which given his concussion history could end his career if he gets another one soon, Makar responds a minute later by laying a heavy hit on McCann, etc. either the refs will get it under control or it'll get pretty chippy

anyone who has watched any tape would know that avs have been getting incredibly aggressive whenever anyone targets byram's head this year

Yanni being a poo poo-stirrer and trying to get Byram to fight him and what Makar did are not remotely similar.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I saw Gio flutter in that shot and I thought "what a stupid waste of the last possession of your powerplay" and then it was in the back of the net.

Incredible redirection by Kerfoot.

This stupid team is making me believe again and I hate it.

Every year they play well and then choke so this year I wasn't going to be fooled when they looked good. But instead they're stinking up the whole arena and still winning, and I'm dumb enough to think that's why this year will be different.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

fermun posted:

it was late, puck went out of play but ref didn't blow the whistle, makar probably didn't see that the puck went out of play and mccann very obviously did and didn't prepare for being checked, got hit hard into the boards and took a good amount of time to get back to his feet

Yeah the TBS broadcast these playoffs has been atrocious but there's one replay they briefly showed that made it pretty clear this is more or less what happened.

The puck was headed to the corner. McCann saw it hit the net and stop and he eased up. Makar didn't and finished his check on a then defenseless player.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the refs not calling it, calling it a major to appease the crowd, then pretending to glance at the tablet so they could make it a minor was pretty par for the course

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
not liking the flow of the game right now. vgk can't handle simple passes and are stuck on defense. begging for a delay of game to happen

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

DancingMachine posted:

Yanni being a poo poo-stirrer and trying to get Byram to fight him and what Makar did are not remotely similar.

Yeah, Gourde's is much worse. Sorry I don't like people punching someone in the back of the head as much as you do, Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Here is the play. The puck went up and out of play, not "into the corner". The hit is like 10 years later. https://twitter.com/DavyJonesLR/status/1650691707791613952?s=20